Review: could Baclofen cause Hernia - hiatal (Hiatal hernia)?
Summary: Hernia - hiatal is found among people who take Baclofen, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Protonix, and have Multiple sclerosis.
We study 20,394 people who have side effects while taking Baclofen from FDA and social media. Among them, 86 have Hernia - hiatal. Find out below who they are, when they have Hernia - hiatal and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Baclofen and have Hernia - hiatal >>>
Baclofen has active ingredients of baclofen. It is often used in muscle spasms. (latest outcomes from 21,208 Baclofen users)
Hernia - hiatal
Hernia - hiatal (hiatal hernia is the protrusion (or herniation) of the upper part of the stomach into the thorax through a tear or weakness in the diaphragm) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, osteopenia, pain, rheumatoid arthritis. (latest reports from 11,359 Hernia - hiatal patients)
On Mar, 5, 2015: 20,394 people reported to have side effects when taking Baclofen. Among them, 86 people (0.42%) have Hernia - Hiatal.
Time on Baclofen when people have Hernia - hiatal * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Hernia - hiatal||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Hernia - hiatal when taking Baclofen * :
|Hernia - hiatal||69.41%||30.59% |
Age of people who have Hernia - hiatal when taking Baclofen * :
|Hernia - hiatal||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||19.23%||55.13%||25.64% |
Severity of Hernia - hiatal when taking Baclofen ** :
How people recovered from Hernia - hiatal ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple sclerosis (19 people, 22.09%)
- Multiple myeloma (7 people, 8.14%)
- Muscle spasticity (6 people, 6.98%)
- Breast cancer (6 people, 6.98%)
- Pain in extremity (5 people, 5.81%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Protonix (36 people, 41.86%)
- Oxycontin (35 people, 40.70%)
- Zometa (33 people, 38.37%)
- Neurontin (26 people, 30.23%)
- Ambien (25 people, 29.07%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hernia - Hiatal while taking Baclofen?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Baclofen and have Hernia - Hiatal
- support group for people who take Baclofen
- support group for people who have Hernia - Hiatal
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Ritalin La, Baclofen for a 67-year old woman with Sleepiness - During The Day, Alcohol Abuse. The patient has Sleepiness - During The Day
- A study of drug interactions between Botox, Baclofen for a 57-year old woman with Cervical Dystonia. The patient has Copd
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Zoloft, Naproxen for a 62-year old man with Fibromyalgia Syndrome, Anxiety Disorder, Pain. The patient has Stomach Discomfort, Hiatal Hernia
- A study of drug interactions between Amlodipine Besylate, Tecfidera, Baclofen, Tegretol-xr for a 60-year old woman with Arterial Spasm, Relapsing-remitting Multiple Sclerosis. The patient has Heart Palpitations
- A study of drug interactions between Benadryl, Claritin, Yaz, Tramadol, Baclofen for a 24-year old woman with Allergies, Endometriosis, Musculoskeletal Disorder. The patient has Acne, Eyes - Sensitive To Light, Liquid Nitrogen, Ear Pain, Eye Floaters, Menstruation - Painful, Pain, Headache - Tension
Recent Baclofen related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Risperidone, Baclofen, Sertraline, Cogentin, Meloxicam for a 21-year old man who has Depression
- Comparions of Celebrex, Baclofen for a 33-year old woman who has Fibromyalgia Syndrome
- Comparions of Baclofen, Trihexyphenidyl Hydrochloride for a 73-year old man who has Dystonia
- Comparions of Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Baclofen for a 66-year old woman who has Migraine - Common
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Baclofen, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Fentanyl, Chantix for a 53-year old woman who has Quit Smoking
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.