Baclofen and Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness - from FDA reports
Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness is found among people who take Baclofen, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Ampyra, and have Multiple sclerosis. This review analyzes which people have Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness with Baclofen. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 46,018 people who have side effects when taking Baclofen from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On May, 02, 2017
46,018 people reported to have side effects when taking Baclofen.
Among them, 3,613 people (7.85%) have Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Baclofen when people have Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness *:
- < 1 month: 45.83 %
- 1 - 6 months: 18.06 %
- 6 - 12 months: 4.17 %
- 1 - 2 years: 18.06 %
- 2 - 5 years: 8.33 %
- 5 - 10 years: 1.39 %
- 10+ years: 4.17 %
Gender of people who have Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness when taking Baclofen *:
- female: 68.63 %
- male: 31.37 %
Age of people who have Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness when taking Baclofen *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.97 %
- 10-19: 0.74 %
- 20-29: 3.25 %
- 30-39: 10.84 %
- 40-49: 24.86 %
- 50-59: 29.27 %
- 60+: 30.04 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Multiple Sclerosis (1,528 people, 42.29%)
- Gait Disturbance (402 people, 11.13%)
- Muscle Spasticity (392 people, 10.85%)
- Pain (352 people, 9.74%)
- Muscle Spasms (245 people, 6.78%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Ampyra (660 people, 18.27%)
- Neurontin (392 people, 10.85%)
- Avonex (390 people, 10.79%)
- Gilenya (378 people, 10.46%)
- Tysabri (336 people, 9.30%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Fatigue (854 people, 23.64%)
- Gait Disturbance (673 people, 18.63%)
- Fall (630 people, 17.44%)
- Nausea (566 people, 15.67%)
- Dizziness (531 people, 14.70%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness when taking Baclofen?
- Check symptoms - is lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- More tools...
Baclofen has active ingredients of baclofen. It is often used in muscle spasms. (latest outcomes from Baclofen 47,772 users)
Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness
Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 294,879 Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness patients).
Browse all side effects of Baclofena b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weaknessLack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness
Could your condition cause Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weaknessLack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness
- Multiple sclerosis and Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness
- Gait disturbance and Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness
- Muscle spasticity and Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness
- Pain and Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness
- Muscle spasms and Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
i am 40 year old male taking Baclofen for muscle pain, avodart for hair loss and Olmetic for moderate high blood pressure issues. Over the last two years my fingernails (thumb and index finger on both hands) and big toe nails have become brittle and are splitting and thumb nails are concave in ...
Someone at the doctor's office changed the amount I was being given of the Lisinopril from 40 mg., to 10 mg. After this I started falling. Doctor said it is not in the records who had changed the dose. Pharmacist said it was this change that increased the weakness in my arms and legs. Doctor ...
I have been on several meds for years. The ones listed and a few others, Prednisone, Carbidopa-leva, Colcrys, Celebrex. I was started on Folic Acid and Sulfasalazine in Aug 2015 for the Rheumatoid factor discovered in a routine blood test. I've had the same doctors for years, General ...
You may be interested in these reviews
I only took Actonel for a only few months, several years ago, and quit when I noticed weakness in my legs. Sorry to report that I never regained strength, despite some some physical therapy and moderate exercise. I am an active woman in my mid-60s and the loss of leg strength has made my life ...
I had negative side effects from oral baclofen. Ischemic stroke in 2009. I take warfarin every night to prevent blood clots. Left-side hemiplegia. Left-side [leg, wrist, hand,fingers hypertonicity and spasticity]. Considering baclofen pump to help with extreme hypertonicity and ...