Review: could Baclofen cause Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 1, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.6/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 20,286 people who take Baclofen. Among them, 1,806 have Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness. See who they are, when they have Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Baclofen (latest outcomes from 21,050 users) has active ingredients of baclofen. It is often used in muscle spasms, multiple sclerosis. Commonly reported side effects of Baclofen include weakness, fatigue, multiple sclerosis, multiple sclerosis aggravated, fall.
Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness
Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness (latest reports from 1,303,265 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, pain.
On Feb, 13, 2014: 19,298 people reported to have side effects when taking Baclofen. Among them, 1,691 people (8.76%) have Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness.
Time on Baclofen when people have Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness||31.58%||13.16%||2.63%||36.84%||2.63%||5.26%||7.89% |
Gender of people who have Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness when taking Baclofen * :
|Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness||67.28%||32.72% |
Age of people who have Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness when taking Baclofen * :
|Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness||0.00%||1.29%||0.67%||4.11%||13.67%||30.31%||27.00%||22.95% |
Severity of Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness when taking Baclofen ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness||0.00%||42.86%||57.14%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness||0.00%||25.00%||75.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple sclerosis (778 people, 46.01%)
- Pain (200 people, 11.83%)
- Muscle spasticity (162 people, 9.58%)
- Muscle spasms (160 people, 9.46%)
- Depression (82 people, 4.85%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Avonex (334 people, 19.75%)
- Neurontin (303 people, 17.92%)
- Tysabri (213 people, 12.60%)
- Gabapentin (213 people, 12.60%)
- Betaseron (196 people, 11.59%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Baclofen, Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Baclofen (baclofen) is often used for muscle spasms. Find out below the conditions Baclofen is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Baclofen used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
- Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness in Muscle Spasms (607 reports)
- Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness in Multiple Sclerosis (14,531 reports)
- Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness in Pain (5,073 reports)
- Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness in Back Pain - Low (17 reports)
Browse Baclofen side effects from A to Z:
Browse Baclofen drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (3 months ago):
Healed joint and soft tissue injuries (PID) return with increased pain and swelling. Pressure changes with position. Frequency and intensity of migraines increased with pressure symptoms. Genetic connective tissue disorder - Ehler Danlos Syndrome. Cardiac arrhythmia. History of rheumatic fever, pneumothorax, whooping cough, and severe allergic reactions.
From this study (10 months ago):
I am a 44 year old female with a very low testerone level of 3. I recently just got off of the birth control pill and have suffered from depression and anxiety for half of my life. I have recently reduced the Baclofen and Paxil and have started to feel worse. Can you please let me know the interactions, symptoms and side effects of all these pills?
From this study (1 year ago):
seeking information for side effect, also instructions for ceasing medication
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Baclofen, Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Bladder infection while on mestinon
Had gradual lest side weakness. Everyday living is difficult. I was referred to cleveland clinic. Dr there has had me go through several tests. My tilt table test showed increase of heart rate and blood pressure. So he suspects I have POTS Postier orthostatic tachecardia syndrome. Still more t ...
- Living with chronic pain while battling with psychological disorders.
I have had back problems since 2004. I have been on pain management since 2007. A year ago I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. Not only does fibromyalgia cause deep wide spread pain, it also makes me feel lethargic, fluish, and greatly effects my daily life. I also have some psychological conditions ...
More reviews for: Baclofen, Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Retin-a, Silver, Nystatin, Clobetasol Propionate, Vanos, Vitamin B12, Vitamin D, Cardizem, Prednisone, Restasis, Lidocaine, Zyrtec, Flonase, Ipratropium Bromide, Xopenex HFA, Xopenex, Fioricet, Relpax, Botox, Lidoderm, Baclofen, Lansoprazole, Advair Diskus 500/50, Symbicort, Singulair, Oxycodone, Enbrel, Aygestin for a patient with Acne, Wound, Thrush, Eczema, Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Vitamin D Deficiency, Blood Pressure Fluctuation, Rheumatic Heart Disease, Dry Eye, Cervical Spondylosis, Allergies, Rhinitis Allergic, Asthma, Migraine With Aura, Musculoskeletal Pain, Muscle Spasms, Gerd, Herniated Intervertebral Disk, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Endometriosis. The patient has Urine Flow Decreased, Urine Output, Constipation, Shoulder Impingement Syndrome (Rotator cuff tendinitis), Frozen Shoulder, Early Morning Awakening, Palpitations Aggravated (Heart palpitations), Sleepy (Drowsiness), Sleep Paralysis - Isolated (Isolated sleep paralysis), Confusion, Sensitivity To The Cold (Cold intolerance), Drowsiness, Muscle Fatigue (Weakness), Cramps - Muscle (Muscle cramps), Pain - Muscles (Muscle aches), Muscular Weakness (Weakness), Eye Pain, Vision Blurred, Night Sweats, Pain - Joints (Joint pain), Joint Warmth, Pain - Neck (Neck pain), Blood Pressure Diastolic Increased, Increased Intracranial Pressure, Headache, Heart Rate Increased, Micturition Frequency Decreased, Blood Pressure Fluctuation, Blood Pressure Increased (High blood pressure)
- A study of drug interactions between Excedrin, Benadryl, Paxil, Ativan, Natural DHEA, Baclofen, Candex, Cymbalta for a patient with Head And Neck Pain, Itching, Depression And Anxiety, Anxiety, Cortisol Level, Muscle Pain And Reduce Anxiety, Bad Bacteria And Yeast In The Intestines, Depression. The patient has No Energy, Joint Pain, Muscle Weakness (Weakness), Stomach Pain (Abdominal pain), Nausea, Extreme Bloating, Anxiety Aggravated (Stress and anxiety), Depression Aggravated, Severe Headache
- A study of side effects of Baclofen for a patient with Muscle Spasms. The patient has Muscular Weakness (muscle weakness)
More related studies for: Baclofen, Lack of strength, muscle weakness, weakness
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.