Review: could Baclofen cause Muscle weakness (Weakness)?
Summary: Muscle weakness is found among people who take Baclofen, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Avonex, and have Multiple sclerosis.
We study 20,404 people who have side effects while taking Baclofen from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,793 have Muscle weakness. Find out below who they are, when they have Muscle weakness and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Baclofen and have Muscle weakness >>>
Baclofen has active ingredients of baclofen. It is often used in muscle spasms. (latest outcomes from 21,221 Baclofen users)
Muscle weakness (a lack of muscle strength) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, pain. (latest reports from 182,307 Muscle weakness patients)
On Apr, 15, 2015: 20,404 people reported to have side effects when taking Baclofen. Among them, 1,811 people (8.88%) have Muscle Weakness.
Time on Baclofen when people have Muscle weakness * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Muscle weakness||34.69%||10.20%||2.04%||34.69%||4.08%||4.08%||10.20% |
Gender of people who have Muscle weakness when taking Baclofen * :
|Muscle weakness||66.46%||33.54% |
Age of people who have Muscle weakness when taking Baclofen * :
|Muscle weakness||0.00%||1.51%||0.62%||3.85%||13.27%||29.72%||27.38%||23.63% |
Severity of Muscle weakness when taking Baclofen ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Muscle weakness||0.00%||46.67%||46.67%||6.67% |
How people recovered from Muscle weakness ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Muscle weakness||0.00%||16.67%||83.33% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple sclerosis (814 people, 44.95%)
- Pain (211 people, 11.65%)
- Muscle spasticity (190 people, 10.49%)
- Muscle spasms (165 people, 9.11%)
- Relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis (89 people, 4.91%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Avonex (360 people, 19.88%)
- Neurontin (317 people, 17.50%)
- Gabapentin (227 people, 12.53%)
- Tysabri (216 people, 11.93%)
- Betaseron (199 people, 10.99%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of baclofen and muscle weakness on
Do you have Muscle Weakness while taking Baclofen?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Baclofen and have Muscle Weakness
- support group for people who take Baclofen
- support group for people who have Muscle Weakness
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Metoprolol Tartrate, Baclofen, Gabapentin, Viibryd, Nortriptyline Hydrochloride, Bupropion Hydrochloride for a 33-year old woman with Supraventricular Tachycardia, Fibromyalgia, Depression. The patient has Pain, Blurred Vision, Numbness In Hands Or Feet
- A study of side effects of Compazine for a 80-year old woman with Nausea. The patient has Weakness
- A study of drug interactions between Penicillin-vk, Phentermine, Mirena for a 36-year old woman with Antibiotic Level, Weight Loss, Birth Control. The patient has Muscle Weakness, Low Platelet Count, Sinus Infection, Aches - Leg, Fatigue
- A study of side effects of Baclofen for a 87-year old man with Back Pain.
- A study of side effects of Sulfamethoxazole And Trimethoprim for a 21-year old woman with UTI. The patient has Appetite Decreased, Confusion, Weakness, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Depression
Recent Baclofen related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Seroquel, Baclofen for a 22-year old woman who has Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension
- Comparions of Ibuprofen, Baclofen for a 33-year old woman who has Pain
- Comparions of Risperidone, Baclofen, Sertraline, Cogentin, Meloxicam for a 21-year old man who has Depression
- Comparions of Celebrex, Baclofen for a 33-year old woman who has Fibromyalgia Syndrome
- Comparions of Baclofen, Trihexyphenidyl Hydrochloride for a 73-year old man who has Dystonia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.