Review: could Baclofen cause Pneumonia aspiration?
Summary: Pneumonia aspiration is found among people who take Baclofen, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Tysabri, and have Multiple sclerosis.
We study 20,399 people who have side effects while taking Baclofen from FDA and social media. Among them, 221 have Pneumonia aspiration. Find out below who they are, when they have Pneumonia aspiration and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Baclofen and have Pneumonia aspiration >>>
Baclofen has active ingredients of baclofen. It is often used in muscle spasms. (latest outcomes from 21,213 Baclofen users)
Pneumonia aspiration (bronchopneumonia that develops due to the entrance of foreign materials into the bronchial tree) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, pain, depression, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 9,349 Pneumonia aspiration patients)
On Mar, 10, 2015: 20,394 people reported to have side effects when taking Baclofen. Among them, 221 people (1.08%) have Pneumonia Aspiration.
Time on Baclofen when people have Pneumonia aspiration * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Pneumonia aspiration||35.29%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||17.65%||47.06%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Pneumonia aspiration when taking Baclofen * :
|Pneumonia aspiration||52.30%||47.70% |
Age of people who have Pneumonia aspiration when taking Baclofen * :
|Pneumonia aspiration||0.46%||2.31%||2.31%||7.87%||6.94%||18.98%||22.69%||38.43% |
Severity of Pneumonia aspiration when taking Baclofen ** :
How people recovered from Pneumonia aspiration ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple sclerosis (85 people, 38.46%)
- Muscle spasticity (38 people, 17.19%)
- Depression (35 people, 15.84%)
- Pain (31 people, 14.03%)
- Muscle spasms (25 people, 11.31%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Tysabri (48 people, 21.72%)
- Avonex (34 people, 15.38%)
- Neurontin (28 people, 12.67%)
- Vitamin d (24 people, 10.86%)
- Provigil (23 people, 10.41%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of baclofen and pneumonia aspiration on
Do you have Pneumonia Aspiration while taking Baclofen?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Baclofen and have Pneumonia Aspiration
- support group for people who take Baclofen
- support group for people who have Pneumonia Aspiration
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Fish Oil, Losartan Potassium, Simvastatin, Baclofen for a 51-year old woman with Vitamin D Decreased, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Muscle Spasms. The patient has Fear Of Eating, Uncontrollable Urination, Sudden Onset Of Sleep
- A study of drug interactions between Ritalin La, Baclofen for a 67-year old woman with Sleepiness - During The Day, Alcohol Abuse. The patient has Sleepiness - During The Day
- A study of drug interactions between Botox, Baclofen for a 57-year old woman with Cervical Dystonia. The patient has Copd
- A study of drug interactions between Amlodipine Besylate, Tecfidera, Baclofen, Tegretol-xr for a 60-year old woman with Arterial Spasm, Relapsing-remitting Multiple Sclerosis. The patient has Heart Palpitations
- A study of drug interactions between Benadryl, Claritin, Yaz, Tramadol, Baclofen for a 24-year old woman with Allergies, Endometriosis, Musculoskeletal Disorder. The patient has Acne, Eyes - Sensitive To Light, Liquid Nitrogen, Ear Pain, Eye Floaters, Menstruation - Painful, Pain, Headache - Tension
Recent Baclofen related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Risperidone, Baclofen, Sertraline, Cogentin, Meloxicam for a 21-year old man who has Depression
- Comparions of Celebrex, Baclofen for a 33-year old woman who has Fibromyalgia Syndrome
- Comparions of Baclofen, Trihexyphenidyl Hydrochloride for a 73-year old man who has Dystonia
- Comparions of Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Baclofen for a 66-year old woman who has Migraine - Common
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Baclofen, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Fentanyl, Chantix for a 53-year old woman who has Quit Smoking
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.