Review: could Baclofen cause Tingling and numbness?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 6, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.5/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 20,286 people who take Baclofen. Among them, 65 have Tingling and numbness. See who they are, when they have Tingling and numbness and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Baclofen (latest outcomes from 21,050 users) has active ingredients of baclofen. It is often used in muscle spasms, multiple sclerosis. Commonly reported side effects of Baclofen include weakness, fatigue, multiple sclerosis, multiple sclerosis aggravated, fall.
Tingling and numbness
Tingling and numbness (abnormal sensations that can occur anywhere in your body, but are often felt in your fingers, hands, feet, arms, or legs) (latest reports from 29,066 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, pain, multiple sclerosis, high blood cholesterol.
On Feb, 19, 2014: 19,298 people reported to have side effects when taking Baclofen. Among them, 61 people (0.32%) have Tingling And Numbness.
Time on Baclofen when people have Tingling and numbness * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Tingling and numbness||11.11%||55.56%||11.11%||11.11%||11.11%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Tingling and numbness when taking Baclofen * :
|Tingling and numbness||47.62%||52.38% |
Age of people who have Tingling and numbness when taking Baclofen * :
|Tingling and numbness||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||3.33%||21.67%||31.67%||25.00%||18.33% |
Severity of Tingling and numbness when taking Baclofen ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Tingling and numbness||0.00%||62.50%||25.00%||12.50% |
How people recovered from Tingling and numbness ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Tingling and numbness||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple sclerosis (28 people, 45.90%)
- Depression (7 people, 11.48%)
- Gait disturbance (7 people, 11.48%)
- Bladder disorder (7 people, 11.48%)
- Muscle spasms (6 people, 9.84%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zanaflex (15 people, 24.59%)
- Ultram (14 people, 22.95%)
- Paxil (12 people, 19.67%)
- Tysabri (12 people, 19.67%)
- Neurontin (12 people, 19.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Baclofen, Tingling and numbness
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Baclofen (baclofen) is often used for muscle spasms. Find out below the conditions Baclofen is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Baclofen used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Baclofen side effects from A to Z:
Browse Baclofen drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 months ago):
Trying to figure out if my symptoms are related to medications I am taking or due to chronic fatigue syndrome which I have been diagnosed with and maybe fibromyalgia or lumbar stenosis or MS.
From this study (12 months ago):
SDtarted Baclofen 10 mgs TID after stopping drinking moderately. After approx 5 to 6 weeks of use suddenly had malaise then myriad neurological symptom which setled into numbness tingling hand and feet and tongue.
Dothan al on Apr, 21, 2013:
Wow- i too have been having the same symptoms of malaise, tingling and numbness all over body, and muscle spasms. Im currently taking baclofen 10 mg twice daily and protonix. Please stay posted and let me knw your outcome. Also, i have body twitching. I have been to a dr that said i have fibromyalgia and started me on cymbalta. Im going to stop all meds at once- these meds bring about other symptoms. Thanks for sharing!
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Baclofen, Tingling and numbness
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Living with chronic pain while battling with psychological disorders.
I have had back problems since 2004. I have been on pain management since 2007. A year ago I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. Not only does fibromyalgia cause deep wide spread pain, it also makes me feel lethargic, fluish, and greatly effects my daily life. I also have some psychological conditions ...
- Can crestor cause vertigo?
I started taking Crestor in May of 2011. I had my first big "episode" in June.
Severe vertigo, loss of balance, slurred speech, fatigue, loss for words, tingling, numbness, pressure in back of head...
Didn't have all at once, but went to hospital via ambulance twice. Was first given 1000 mg of kep ...
More reviews for: Baclofen, Tingling and numbness
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Baclofen, Mucinex Dm, Unisom, Zyrtec Allergy, Promethazine, Omeprazole; Sodium Bicarbonate, Bystolic, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Xanax, Halcion, Wellbutrin Xl, Cymbalta, Nuvigil for a patient with Muscle Spasms, Allergy, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Sinus Headache, Nevus Araneus, Gerd, High Blood Pressure, Pain - Back, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Insomnia, Depression, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. The patient has Knee Pain, Neck Pain, Sudden Forgetfulness (Memory loss), Panic Attacks (Panic disorder), Anxiety Disorder (Generalized anxiety disorder), Chronic Depression (Dysthymia), Restless Legs Syndrome (Restless leg syndrome), Nail Picking, Fever, Headache, Early Morning Joint Stiffness, Heartburn - Chronic (Gastroesophageal reflux disease), Weight Loss - Unintentional (Weight Decreased), Loss Of Appetite (Appetite - decreased), Fatigue - Chronic (Chronic fatigue syndrome), Numbness And Tingling, Pain - Back (Back pain - low), Neaseous
- A study of side effects of Baclofen for a patient with Alcohol Abuse. The patient has Numbness And Tingling (unusual prickling sensations)
More related studies for: Baclofen, Tingling and numbness
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.