Review: could Baclofen cause Urinary incontinence?
Summary: Urinary incontinence is found among people who take Baclofen, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Neurontin, and have Multiple sclerosis.
We study 20,404 people who have side effects while taking Baclofen from FDA and social media. Among them, 306 have Urinary incontinence. Find out below who they are, when they have Urinary incontinence and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Baclofen and have Urinary incontinence >>>
Baclofen has active ingredients of baclofen. It is often used in muscle spasms. (latest outcomes from 21,221 Baclofen users)
Urinary incontinence (inability to control the flow of urine and involuntary urination) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression, pain. (latest reports from 18,530 Urinary incontinence patients)
On Mar, 31, 2015: 20,399 people reported to have side effects when taking Baclofen. Among them, 307 people (1.50%) have Urinary Incontinence.
Time on Baclofen when people have Urinary incontinence * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Urinary incontinence||9.09%||27.27%||9.09%||36.36%||9.09%||0.00%||9.09% |
Gender of people who have Urinary incontinence when taking Baclofen * :
|Urinary incontinence||67.95%||32.05% |
Age of people who have Urinary incontinence when taking Baclofen * :
|Urinary incontinence||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||4.64%||13.62%||30.34%||33.13%||18.27% |
Severity of Urinary incontinence when taking Baclofen ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Urinary incontinence||40.00%||0.00%||20.00%||40.00% |
How people recovered from Urinary incontinence ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Urinary incontinence||0.00%||20.00%||80.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple sclerosis (132 people, 43.00%)
- Muscle spasms (29 people, 9.45%)
- Pain (27 people, 8.79%)
- Relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis (24 people, 7.82%)
- Muscle spasticity (20 people, 6.51%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Neurontin (83 people, 27.04%)
- Avonex (66 people, 21.50%)
- Gabapentin (57 people, 18.57%)
- Zanaflex (51 people, 16.61%)
- Paxil (44 people, 14.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of baclofen and urinary incontinence on
Do you have Urinary Incontinence while taking Baclofen?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Baclofen and have Urinary Incontinence
- support group for people who take Baclofen
- support group for people who have Urinary Incontinence
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Metoprolol Tartrate, Baclofen, Gabapentin, Viibryd, Nortriptyline Hydrochloride, Bupropion Hydrochloride for a 33-year old woman with Supraventricular Tachycardia, Fibromyalgia, Depression. The patient has Pain, Blurred Vision, Numbness In Hands Or Feet
- A study of drug interactions between Chondroitin And Glucosamine, Lipitor, Cardizem for a 65-year old man with Osteoarthritis, Cholesterol, Hypertension. The patient has Urinary Incontinence
- A study of side effects of Baclofen for a 87-year old man with Back Pain.
- A study of side effects of Baclofen for a 21-year old woman with Multiple Sclerosis Relapse. The patient has Slurred Speech
- A study of drug interactions between St. John's Wort, Vitamin C, Biotin, Zyrtec, Garlic, Multivitamin, L-Lysine, Indian Tumeric, Tylenol W/ Codeine No. 3, Sertraline, Relpax, Butalbital, Acetaminophen And Caffeine, Baclofen, Chlorpromazine Hydrochloride, Bupropion Hydrochloride for a 37-year old woman with Dysthymic Disorder, Acne Cystic, Rhinitis, General Physical Health Deterioration, Pain - Leg, Migraine, Belching.
Recent Baclofen related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Seroquel, Baclofen for a 22-year old woman who has Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension
- Comparions of Ibuprofen, Baclofen for a 33-year old woman who has Pain
- Comparions of Risperidone, Baclofen, Sertraline, Cogentin, Meloxicam for a 21-year old man who has Depression
- Comparions of Celebrex, Baclofen for a 33-year old woman who has Fibromyalgia Syndrome
- Comparions of Baclofen, Trihexyphenidyl Hydrochloride for a 73-year old man who has Dystonia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.