Review: could Baclofen cause Urinary tract infection?
Summary: Urinary tract infection is found among people who take Baclofen, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Avonex, and have Multiple sclerosis.
We study 20,404 people who have side effects while taking Baclofen from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,202 have Urinary tract infection. Find out below who they are, when they have Urinary tract infection and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Baclofen and have Urinary tract infection >>>
Baclofen has active ingredients of baclofen. It is often used in muscle spasms. (latest outcomes from 21,217 Baclofen users)
Urinary tract infection
Urinary tract infection has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, pain. (latest reports from 73,291 Urinary tract infection patients)
On Mar, 30, 2015: 20,399 people reported to have side effects when taking Baclofen. Among them, 1,359 people (6.66%) have Urinary Tract Infection.
Time on Baclofen when people have Urinary tract infection * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Urinary tract infection||52.00%||4.00%||32.00%||2.00%||6.00%||4.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Urinary tract infection when taking Baclofen * :
|Urinary tract infection||68.83%||31.17% |
Age of people who have Urinary tract infection when taking Baclofen * :
|Urinary tract infection||0.00%||1.12%||0.07%||3.93%||8.21%||31.79%||32.49%||22.39% |
Severity of Urinary tract infection when taking Baclofen ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Urinary tract infection||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Urinary tract infection ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Urinary tract infection||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple sclerosis (814 people, 59.90%)
- Pain (161 people, 11.85%)
- Muscle spasticity (131 people, 9.64%)
- Muscle spasms (128 people, 9.42%)
- Depression (69 people, 5.08%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Avonex (326 people, 23.99%)
- Tysabri (288 people, 21.19%)
- Neurontin (230 people, 16.92%)
- Rebif (224 people, 16.48%)
- Lyrica (145 people, 10.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of baclofen and urinary tract infection on
Do you have Urinary Tract Infection while taking Baclofen?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Baclofen and have Urinary Tract Infection
- support group for people who take Baclofen
- support group for people who have Urinary Tract Infection
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Baclofen for a 21-year old woman with Multiple Sclerosis Relapse. The patient has Slurred Speech
- A study of drug interactions between St. John's Wort, Vitamin C, Biotin, Zyrtec, Garlic, Multivitamin, L-Lysine, Indian Tumeric, Tylenol W/ Codeine No. 3, Sertraline, Relpax, Butalbital, Acetaminophen And Caffeine, Baclofen, Chlorpromazine Hydrochloride, Bupropion Hydrochloride for a 37-year old woman with Dysthymic Disorder, Acne Cystic, Rhinitis, General Physical Health Deterioration, Pain - Leg, Migraine, Belching.
- A study of drug interactions between Baclofen, Neurontin, Ibuprofen, Lipitor, Topamax, Niacin, Paxil CR, Alendronate Sodium, Clopidogrel for a 56-year old woman with Backaches And Stress, Seizures, Complicated Migraine, Total Cholesterol, Depression, Osteoporosis, Pad. The patient has Migraine, Brittle Bone Disease, Slurred Speech, Numbness
- A study of drug interactions between Warfarin Sodium, Baclofen for a 70-year old woman with Dvt And Venous Insufficiency, Pain.
- A study of drug interactions between Baclofen, Armour Thyroid, Lyrica for a 63-year old man with Back Pain, Thyroid Gland Cancer, Degenerative Disc Disease, Pain Down Legs And Back, Pain Upper Back Over Shoulder Down Arm , Hand. The patient has Intractable Pain, Oxycodone
Recent Baclofen related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Seroquel, Baclofen for a 22-year old woman who has Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension
- Comparions of Ibuprofen, Baclofen for a 33-year old woman who has Pain
- Comparions of Risperidone, Baclofen, Sertraline, Cogentin, Meloxicam for a 21-year old man who has Depression
- Comparions of Celebrex, Baclofen for a 33-year old woman who has Fibromyalgia Syndrome
- Comparions of Baclofen, Trihexyphenidyl Hydrochloride for a 73-year old man who has Dystonia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.