Review: could Baclofen cause Urinary tract infection?
Summary: Urinary tract infection is found among people who take Baclofen, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Avonex, and have Multiple sclerosis.
We study 20,399 people who have side effects while taking Baclofen from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,218 have Urinary tract infection. Find out below who they are, when they have Urinary tract infection and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Baclofen and have Urinary tract infection >>>
Baclofen has active ingredients of baclofen. It is often used in muscle spasms. (latest outcomes from 21,213 Baclofen users)
Urinary tract infection
Urinary tract infection has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, pain. (latest reports from 73,291 Urinary tract infection patients)
On Feb, 28, 2015: 20,394 people reported to have side effects when taking Baclofen. Among them, 1,359 people (6.66%) have Urinary Tract Infection.
Time on Baclofen when people have Urinary tract infection * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Urinary tract infection||52.00%||4.00%||32.00%||2.00%||6.00%||4.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Urinary tract infection when taking Baclofen * :
|Urinary tract infection||68.83%||31.17% |
Age of people who have Urinary tract infection when taking Baclofen * :
|Urinary tract infection||0.00%||1.12%||0.07%||3.93%||8.21%||31.79%||32.49%||22.39% |
Severity of Urinary tract infection when taking Baclofen ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Urinary tract infection||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Urinary tract infection ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Urinary tract infection||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple sclerosis (814 people, 59.90%)
- Pain (161 people, 11.85%)
- Muscle spasticity (131 people, 9.64%)
- Muscle spasms (128 people, 9.42%)
- Depression (69 people, 5.08%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Avonex (326 people, 23.99%)
- Tysabri (288 people, 21.19%)
- Neurontin (230 people, 16.92%)
- Rebif (224 people, 16.48%)
- Lyrica (145 people, 10.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of baclofen and urinary tract infection on
Do you have Urinary Tract Infection while taking Baclofen?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Baclofen and have Urinary Tract Infection
- support group for people who take Baclofen
- support group for people who have Urinary Tract Infection
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Fish Oil, Losartan Potassium, Simvastatin, Baclofen for a 51-year old woman with Vitamin D Decreased, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Muscle Spasms. The patient has Fear Of Eating, Uncontrollable Urination, Sudden Onset Of Sleep
- A study of drug interactions between Ritalin La, Baclofen for a 67-year old woman with Sleepiness - During The Day, Alcohol Abuse. The patient has Sleepiness - During The Day
- A study of drug interactions between Botox, Baclofen for a 57-year old woman with Cervical Dystonia. The patient has Copd
- A study of drug interactions between Tamoxifen Citrate, Taxol for a 58-year old woman with Breast Cancer Recurrent, Cancer - Breast. The patient has Urinary Tract Infection
- A study of drug interactions between Lotensin, HCTZ, Nexium for a 59-year old woman with Hypertension, Gerd. The patient has Joint Pain, Uti
Recent Baclofen related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Risperidone, Baclofen, Sertraline, Cogentin, Meloxicam for a 21-year old man who has Depression
- Comparions of Celebrex, Baclofen for a 33-year old woman who has Fibromyalgia Syndrome
- Comparions of Baclofen, Trihexyphenidyl Hydrochloride for a 73-year old man who has Dystonia
- Comparions of Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Baclofen for a 66-year old woman who has Migraine - Common
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Baclofen, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Fentanyl, Chantix for a 53-year old woman who has Quit Smoking
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.