Bactrim ds and White blood cell count decreased - from FDA reports
White blood cell count decreased is found among people who take Bactrim Ds, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Revlimid, and have Multiple myeloma . We study 8,215 people who have side effects while taking Bactrim ds from FDA. Among them, 159 have White blood cell count decreased. Find out below who they are, when they have White blood cell count decreased and more.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
Bactrim ds has active ingredients of sulfamethoxazole; trimethoprim. It is often used in urinary tract infection. (latest outcomes from Bactrim ds 9,104 users)
White Blood Cell Count Decreased
White blood cell count decreased has been reported by people with hepatitis c, multiple myeloma, multiple sclerosis, schizophrenia, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 54,926 White blood cell count decreased patients).
On Feb, 06, 2017
8,215 people reported to have side effects when taking Bactrim Ds.
Among them, 159 people (1.94%) have White Blood Cell Count Decreased
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Bactrim Ds when people have White Blood Cell Count Decreased *:
- < 1 month: 75.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 8.33 %
- 1 - 2 years: 16.67 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have White Blood Cell Count Decreased when taking Bactrim Ds *:
- female: 44.03 %
- male: 55.97 %
Age of people who have White Blood Cell Count Decreased when taking Bactrim Ds *:
- 0-1: 0.69 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 2.08 %
- 20-29: 7.64 %
- 30-39: 13.19 %
- 40-49: 12.5 %
- 50-59: 21.53 %
- 60+: 42.36 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Multiple Myeloma (41 people, 25.79%)
- Chronic Lymphocytic Leukaemia (13 people, 8.18%)
- Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia (all) (12 people, 7.55%)
- Preventive Health Care (9 people, 5.66%)
- Tumour Lysis Syndrome (6 people, 3.77%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Revlimid (27 people, 16.98%)
- Prednisone (25 people, 15.72%)
- Acyclovir (23 people, 14.47%)
- Allopurinol (21 people, 13.21%)
- Compazine (20 people, 12.58%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Thrombocytopenia (56 people, 35.22%)
- Haemoglobin Decreased (34 people, 21.38%)
- Neutrophil Count Decreased (27 people, 16.98%)
- Agranulocytosis (27 people, 16.98%)
- Haematocrit Decreased (21 people, 13.21%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have White blood cell count decreased when taking Bactrim ds?
- Check symptoms - is white blood cell count decreased caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- More tools...
Browse all side effects of Bactrim dsa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with White blood cell count decreasedWhite blood cell count decreased
Could your condition cause White blood cell count decreasedWhite blood cell count decreased
- Multiple myeloma and White blood cell count decreased
- Chronic lymphocytic leukaemia and White blood cell count decreased
- Acute lymphocytic leukemia (all) and White blood cell count decreased
- Preventive health care and White blood cell count decreased
- Tumour lysis syndrome and White blood cell count decreased
You may be interested in these reviews
Have been administered monthly Lupron shots for 1 and have another year of monthly injections ahead as treatment for prostate cancer. White cells, red cells and platelet counts have been severely suppressed, but not to dangerously low levels, during this time. Genetic testing may have ruled out ...
Healthy for last 9 years following anterior MI, 6 stents fitted and a few years ago had Medtronic CRT-D fitted. Warfarin and aspirin for past 5 years resulted in gastritis and chronic stomach bleed earlier this year recovered now from the anaemia and switched to Clopidogrel (Plavix) 6-8 weeks ...
I have a ruptured eardrum do to an direct hit to my left ear. ear fullness for 11 days.. I visit the ent and was prescribed bactrim ds for 7 days.. on day 7 ringing start in my left ear... Dr told me it's not the bactrim but I'm confused since that's the only medication I took.Rd
Hi I am Anh Nguyen. I am 51 years. I am full time work and a IT system admistrator I have one daughter. I am married. She is 11 years old I have menopause. My last period was in 3/16. My white blood cell is low 12/15 4/16 6/16 7/16 8/16 4.5 3.1 2.9 3.9 ...
I was told a couple of weeks ago that I have a low white blood cell count. I have another couple of weeks until my next blood test. I'm not on any medication apart from the mini pill. I recently stopped my Citalopram. I'm 45 and I have no idea why my count could be low?