Review: could Bactrim ds cause Allergic reactions (Allergies)?
Summary: Allergic reactions is reported only by a few people who take Bactrim ds.
We study 6,444 people who have side effects while taking Bactrim ds from FDA and social media. Among them, 2 have Allergic reactions. Find out below who they are, when they have Allergic reactions and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Bactrim ds and have Allergic reactions >>>
Bactrim ds has active ingredients of sulfamethoxazole; trimethoprim. It is often used in urinary tract infection. (latest outcomes from 6,925 Bactrim ds users)
Allergic reactions has been reported by people with high blood pressure, allergies, stress and anxiety, high blood cholesterol, pain. (latest reports from 7,906 Allergic reactions patients)
On Apr, 25, 2015: 6,444 people reported to have side effects when taking Bactrim ds. Among them, 2 people (0.03%) have Allergic Reactions.
Time on Bactrim ds when people have Allergic reactions * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Allergic reactions||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Allergic reactions when taking Bactrim ds * :
|Allergic reactions||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Allergic reactions when taking Bactrim ds ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Allergic reactions||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Allergic reactions ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Allergic reactions||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Sinusitis bacterial (1 people, 50.00%)
- Bacterial infection (1 people, 50.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :n/a
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Bactrim ds and allergic reactions on
Do you have Allergic Reactions while taking Bactrim Ds?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Bactrim ds and have Allergic Reactions
- support group for people who take Bactrim ds
- support group for people who have Allergic Reactions
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Trazodone Hydrochloride, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Valsartan And Hydrochlorothiazide, Triglide, Bactrim, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Plavix, Mirapex for a 58-year old woman with Insomnia, Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood, High Blood Pressure, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Sinusitis, Diastolic Dysfunction, Tia, Rls. The patient has Nausea, Headache, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Body Temperature Decreased
- A study of drug interactions between Hydrochlorothiazide, Bactrim for a 55-year old woman with High Blood Pressure, Skin Lesion. The patient has Skin Rash, High Blood Pressure
- A study of side effects of Bactrim for a 35-year old woman with Infection - Ear. The patient has Diarrhea
- A study of side effects of Bactrim for a 61-year old woman with Uti. The patient has Cough
- A study of side effects of Sulfamethoxazole And Trimethoprim for a 21-year old woman with UTI. The patient has Appetite Decreased, Confusion, Weakness, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Depression
Recent Bactrim ds related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.