Home > Bactrim ds > Atrial fibrillation > Bactrim ds and Atrial fibrillation
Review: could Bactrim ds cause Atrial fibrillation (Atrial fibrillation/flutter)?
We study 6,428 people who have side effects while taking Bactrim ds from FDA and social media. Among them, 87 have Atrial fibrillation. Find out below who they are, when they have Atrial fibrillation and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Bactrim ds and have Atrial fibrillation >>>
Bactrim ds (latest outcomes from 6,911 users) has active ingredients of sulfamethoxazole; trimethoprim. It is often used in urinary tract infection.
Atrial Fibrillation (fibrillation of the muscles of the atria of the heart) (latest reports from 381,971 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, diabetes, multiple myeloma.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 6,428 people reported to have side effects when taking Bactrim ds. Among them, 87 people (1.35%) have Atrial Fibrillation.
Time on Bactrim ds when people have Atrial fibrillation * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Atrial fibrillation||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Atrial fibrillation when taking Bactrim ds * :
|Atrial fibrillation||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||4.82%||22.89%||72.29% |
Severity of Atrial fibrillation when taking Bactrim ds ** :
How people recovered from Atrial fibrillation ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Heart rate irregular (12 people, 13.79%)
- Multiple myeloma (8 people, 9.20%)
- Chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (7 people, 8.05%)
- Urticaria (5 people, 5.75%)
- Atrial fibrillation (4 people, 4.60%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (54 people, 62.07%)
- Digoxin (35 people, 40.23%)
- Albuterol (32 people, 36.78%)
- Lasix (31 people, 35.63%)
- Coumadin (30 people, 34.48%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Atrial Fibrillation while taking Bactrim Ds?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Bactrim ds and have Atrial Fibrillation
- support group for people who take Bactrim ds
- support group for people who have Atrial Fibrillation
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Bactrim ds, Atrial fibrillation
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Atrial fib and ibs, is there a connection?
I felt wonderful, after a good night sleep and a nice breakfast. Took my heart medicine. Took off for an hour shopping and the A-Fib began with a vengeance and lasted five hours.
During the time, interestingly, I had continuous IBS. If I had not used butter (an IBS trigger) on my toast that morni ...
- Bactrim causes severe side effects
I get bladder infections on a regular basis. I do not have a doctor so I end up in the ER every time. I normally go to the same ER but not all the time. I have been prescribed medications like Cipro and Bactrim. Cipro usually knocks out the infection but I always get another one.
For the last thre ...
- Something should be done....
Medicine had my kness aching badly. Cause my legs to lock up where I couldn't bend then. Had to elevate for 2weeks. Feeling better but they still hurt and knees keep popping. Had to take fluid pills cause they were so swollen.
More reviews for: Bactrim ds, Atrial fibrillation
On eHealthMe, Bactrim Ds (sulfamethoxazole; trimethoprim) is often used for urinary tract infection. Find out below the conditions Bactrim Ds is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Bactrim Ds used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Related drug studies for: Bactrim ds, Atrial fibrillation
Recent Bactrim ds related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Bactrim ds, Atrial fibrillation
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Lansoprazole for a 33-year old woman who has Stomach Pain (49 minutes ago)
- Bactrim Ds, Sprintec for a 22-year old woman who has Urinary Tract Infection, Pregnancy (49 minutes ago)
- Vyvanse, Vistaril, Seroquel Xr, Trileptal for a 17-year old girl who has ADHD, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Bipolar, Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Interstitial Cystitis (ic)
- Clopidogrel Bisulfate and Peripheral Neuropathy
- Mucinex and Double Vision
- Chest Pain
Recent user comments
- "My ears were bothering me last week and were clogged ... " (2 hours ago)
- "Had clogged ears with ear wax this week. Got them cle ... " (3 hours ago)
- "My son also has epilepsy. His seisures are always un ... " (4 hours ago)
- Retroperitoneal Fibrosis
- Reactive Attachment Disorder Of Infancy Or Early Childhood