Review: could Bactrim ds cause Atrial fibrillation (Atrial fibrillation/flutter)?
Summary: Atrial fibrillation is found among people who take Bactrim ds, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Heart rate irregular.
We study 6,439 people who have side effects while taking Bactrim ds from FDA and social media. Among them, 87 have Atrial fibrillation. Find out below who they are, when they have Atrial fibrillation and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Bactrim ds and have Atrial fibrillation >>>
Bactrim ds has active ingredients of sulfamethoxazole; trimethoprim. It is often used in urinary tract infection. (latest outcomes from 6,920 Bactrim ds users)
Atrial fibrillation (fibrillation of the muscles of the atria of the heart) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, diabetes, multiple myeloma. (latest reports from 87,259 Atrial fibrillation patients)
On Feb, 27, 2015: 6,439 people reported to have side effects when taking Bactrim ds. Among them, 87 people (1.35%) have Atrial Fibrillation.
Time on Bactrim ds when people have Atrial fibrillation * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Atrial fibrillation||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Atrial fibrillation when taking Bactrim ds * :
|Atrial fibrillation||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||4.82%||22.89%||72.29% |
Severity of Atrial fibrillation when taking Bactrim ds ** :
How people recovered from Atrial fibrillation ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Heart rate irregular (12 people, 13.79%)
- Multiple myeloma (8 people, 9.20%)
- Chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (7 people, 8.05%)
- Urticaria (5 people, 5.75%)
- Atrial fibrillation (4 people, 4.60%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (54 people, 62.07%)
- Digoxin (35 people, 40.23%)
- Albuterol (32 people, 36.78%)
- Lasix (31 people, 35.63%)
- Coumadin (30 people, 34.48%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Atrial Fibrillation while taking Bactrim Ds?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Bactrim ds and have Atrial Fibrillation
- support group for people who take Bactrim ds
- support group for people who have Atrial fibrillation
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Bactrim Ds for a 17-year old boy with Acne And Teenagers. The patient has Persistent Cloaca (complex anorectal and genitourinary malformation)
- A study of drug interactions between Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Aleve, Lipitor, Terbinafine Hydrochloride, Bactrim DS, Tamsulosin for a 68-year old man with Insomnia, Prostate Seed Implant, High Blood Cholesterol, Toe Fungus, Post Prostate Surgery Syndrome, Urinary Tract Disorder. The patient has Weight Increased
- A study of side effects of Acebutolol Hydrochloride for a 70-year old woman with Afib. The patient has Atrial Fibrillation (fibrillation of the muscles of the atria of the heart)
- A study of drug interactions between Amoxicillin, Ambien, Bactrim, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Methylprednisolone, Glipizide, Verapamil Hydrochloride, Carafate for a 77-year old man with Bone Marrow Aspiration, Insomnia, Uti, Pain, Inflammation, Diabetes, High Blood Pressure, Acid Reflux. The patient has Weakness, Hiccups
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Xanax, Percocet, Clonazepam, Diltiazem Hydrochloride for a 53-year old woman with Blood Clots, Anxiety, Headache, Atrial Fibrillation. The patient has Anxiety, Atrial Fibrillation
Recent Bactrim ds related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.