Review: could Bactrim ds cause Cellulitis?
Summary: Cellulitis is found among people who take Bactrim ds, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Levaquin, and have Pain.
We study 6,442 people who have side effects while taking Bactrim ds from FDA and social media. Among them, 123 have Cellulitis. Find out below who they are, when they have Cellulitis and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Bactrim ds and have Cellulitis >>>
Bactrim ds has active ingredients of sulfamethoxazole; trimethoprim. It is often used in urinary tract infection. (latest outcomes from 6,923 Bactrim ds users)
Cellulitis (infection under the skin) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, pain. (latest reports from 23,954 Cellulitis patients)
On Mar, 22, 2015: 6,442 people reported to have side effects when taking Bactrim ds. Among them, 123 people (1.91%) have Cellulitis.
Time on Bactrim ds when people have Cellulitis * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Cellulitis when taking Bactrim ds * :
Severity of Cellulitis when taking Bactrim ds ** :
How people recovered from Cellulitis ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (23 people, 18.70%)
- Anxiety (22 people, 17.89%)
- Nausea (15 people, 12.20%)
- Supraventricular tachycardia (13 people, 10.57%)
- Pruritus (12 people, 9.76%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Levaquin (54 people, 43.90%)
- Dexamethasone (49 people, 39.84%)
- Lasix (43 people, 34.96%)
- Vancomycin (40 people, 32.52%)
- Zometa (39 people, 31.71%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Cellulitis while taking Bactrim Ds?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Bactrim ds and have Cellulitis
- support group for people who take Bactrim ds
- support group for people who have Cellulitis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Bactrim for a 18-year old girl with Urinary Tract Infection. The patient has Abdominal Pain Lower
- A study of side effects of Bactrim Ds for a 31-year old woman with Infection. The patient has Incontinence - Urinary
- A study of drug interactions between Robaxin, Cymbalta, Buspirone Hydrochloride, Gabapentin, Wellbutrin Sr, Paxil, Suboxone for a 33-year old woman with Pain - Muscles, Ocd, Anxiety And Stress, Nerve Pain, Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood, Anxiety Disorder, Lumbar Spinal Stenosis. The patient has Fatigue - Chronic, Bone And Joint Pain, Cellulitis, Nerve Pain, Muscle Pain
Recent Bactrim ds related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.