Review: could Bactrim ds cause Colitis ulcerative (Ulcerative colitis)?
Summary: Colitis ulcerative is found among people who take Bactrim ds, especially for people who are female, 10-19 old, also take medication Accutane, and have Sinusitis.
We study 6,434 people who have side effects while taking Bactrim ds from FDA and social media. Among them, 54 have Colitis ulcerative. Find out below who they are, when they have Colitis ulcerative and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Bactrim ds and have Colitis ulcerative >>>
Bactrim ds has active ingredients of sulfamethoxazole; trimethoprim. It is often used in urinary tract infection. (latest outcomes from Bactrim ds 6,915 users)
Colitis ulcerative (inflammation of colon with ulcer) has been reported by people with acne, ulcerative colitis, acne cystic, rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis.(latest reports from Colitis ulcerative 22,548 patients)
On Dec, 19, 2014: 6,434 people reported to have side effects when taking Bactrim ds. Among them, 54 people (0.84%) have Colitis Ulcerative.
Time on Bactrim ds when people have Colitis ulcerative * :
Age of people who have Colitis ulcerative when taking Bactrim ds * :
|Colitis ulcerative||0.00%||0.00%||96.15%||3.85%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Colitis ulcerative when taking Bactrim ds ** :
How people recovered from Colitis ulcerative ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Sinusitis (23 people, 42.59%)
- Headache (21 people, 38.89%)
- Rhinitis (21 people, 38.89%)
- Acne (16 people, 29.63%)
- Hyperhidrosis (8 people, 14.81%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Accutane (54 people, 100.00%)
- Asacol (23 people, 42.59%)
- Aleve (23 people, 42.59%)
- Amoxicillin (23 people, 42.59%)
- Advil (21 people, 38.89%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Colitis Ulcerative while taking Bactrim Ds?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Bactrim ds and have Colitis Ulcerative
- support group for people who take Bactrim ds
- support group for people who have Colitis Ulcerative
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can sulfamethoxazole-tmp ds, raise or lower blood sugar.
(Asked by a 71 year old woman who has Yeast Infection - Vagina, UTI - Acute, and takes Sulfamethoxazole And Trimethoprim)
Symptoms the last 10 days are chills, sweating, light fever (98.9 to 100) sometimes. General malaise, tired, poor sleep. Just depressed, because of the recurrent Infection that no antibiotics (supposedly the bacteria Klesiella-pneumoniae is Sensitive to all the antibiotics I have taken so far)has cl ...
- Has anyone ever had numbness in the feet that was caused by taking asacol, and did anyone ever find out that it somehow blocks the absorption of vitamin b in some way?
(Asked by a 65 year old woman who has Ulcerative Colitis, and takes Asacol)
I have had some numbness in my right foot for a long time due to a broken foot that was set wrong and now sits in my shoes strangely, causing some pain and numbness and swelling. However, recently I've had some numbness in my left foot. After seeing a neurologist on a different matter, she indicat ...
- 20 year old male with ulcerative colitis, safe to take oxandrolone?
(Asked by a 21 year old man who has Ulcerative Colitis, and takes Oxandrolone)
20 year old male
weight lost from ulcerative colitis
thinking to use oxandrolone in remission to gain weight and strength back
doctor has prescribed long term use of mesalamine
- How long did the hives/itching eyes last?
(Asked by a 59 year old woman who has Psoriasis, and takes Daptomycin, Bactrim, Levaquin, Vancomycin Hydrochloride, Clindamycin Phosphate In Dextrose 5%)
had back to back allergic reactions to iv abx - after clinda (april 2014) developed sjs - still having hives around my eyes, watering, and severe itching. have been on 4x dose zyrtec, prn benadryl. when will this go away?
- What can i do about nausea from generic bactrim
(Asked by a 77 year old woman who has Nausea, and takes Bactrim Ds)
I want to know what I can do to combat nausea from this drug
More questions for: Bactrim ds, Colitis ulcerative
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Bactrim causes severe side effects
(Posted by a 35 year old woman who has Severe Abdominal Pain For Months, and takes Bactrim)
I get bladder infections on a regular basis. I do not have a doctor so I end up in the ER every time. I normally go to the same ER but not all the time. I have been prescribed medications like Cipro and Bactrim. Cipro usually knocks out the infection but I always get another one.
For the last thre ...
- Something should be done....
(Posted by a 34 year old woman who has Sever Knee An Muscle Pain, and takes Sulfamethoxazole And Trimethoprim)
Medicine had my kness aching badly. Cause my legs to lock up where I couldn't bend then. Had to elevate for 2weeks. Feeling better but they still hurt and knees keep popping. Had to take fluid pills cause they were so swollen.
- Interaction between bactrim & vit c
(Posted by a 41 year old man who has Tachycardia Paroxysmal, and takes Bactrim)
I drank one tablet of bactrim with glass of vit C (1 tablet), after 5 minutes I became red (face & eyes) with high tachycardia and high pressure in the ears.
After 15 minutes I observed differents red points on the skin (hand, arms & legs).
I would like to inform you that I took in the past bact ...
More reviews for: Bactrim ds, Colitis ulcerative
- A study of drug interactions between Excedrin, Levothyroxine Sodium, Pentasa, Cymbalta for a patient with Migraine, Hypothyroidism, Crohn's Disease, Depression. The patient has Cough Aggravated, Indigestion, Stomach Discomfort, Crohn's Disease, Ulcerative Colitis, Tremor, Hair Loss, Difficulty Breathing, Sore Throat, Choking
Comments: Jan 2014 CDiff, mucus in stool, very weak sick, stool incontinence 3-4 times a day. Had been on most meds since March 2014 after diagnosis of UC/Crohn's/Proctitis, in July I started to loose my hair in handfulls. I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. I started shaking a lot and noticed facial tremors ...
- A study of drug interactions between Bactrim, Cialis, Levothyroxine Sodium for a patient with Kidney Infection (pyelonephritis), Impotence, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Bactrim Ds
Comments: I believe that I have Carcinoid Syndrome, however, obtaining a diagnosis for this rare form of Cancer is extremely difficult. I went to see my doctor for pain in the lower left quadrant in my back. Other symptoms I have include: Stinging sensation upon urination, clear urine with foam on top as th ...
- A study of drug interactions between Klonopin, Bactroban, Clobetasol Propionate, Simvastatin, Prilosec, Bactrim Ds, Ciprofloxacin Hydrochloride for a patient with Anxiety, Skin Ulcers, Itchy Skin, High Blood Cholesterol, Barretts Esophagus, Bacterial Infection, Infected Skin Ulcer. The patient has Chronic Skin Ulcer, Diminished Kidney Functions, Klonopin - Insomnia
Comments: I was diagnosed with Prurigo nodularis in Jan '12 after biopsy was done and previously had two months of itching, sores, bumps on legs, head, shoulders, arms. Out of work due to skin condition, which has worsened - ulcers on legs, neck, shoulders, arms, infected, sore, stabbing pain, sensitive to c ...
- A study of drug interactions between Septra, Bactroban for a patient with Mrsa Infection. The patient has Hallucination, Visual
Comments: My 3 yr old was diagnosed with a bacterial skin infection (MRSA) on his bottom. The doctor perscribed Bactroban for topical treatment and Septra as an antibiotic. Septra is to be taken 2 times daily. The Bactroban is to be applied one to two times daily. After three doses of the Septra, the last ...
- A study of side effects of Bactrim for a patient with Infection. The patient has Hallucinations (sensations that appear real but are created by your mind)
Comments: I hadn't slept for a night and went to the hospital later the next night (sunday early morning) and was prescribed keflex and bactrim. I finally fell asleep and stayed asleep for about 20 hours. I awoke extremely confused. I had been having lucid dreams the whole time I was asleep. I called my broth ...
More related studies for: Bactrim ds, Colitis ulcerative
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.