Review: could Bactrim ds cause Colitis ulcerative (Ulcerative colitis)?
Summary: Colitis ulcerative is found among people who take Bactrim ds, especially for people who are female, 10-19 old, also take medication Accutane, and have Sinusitis.
We study 6,442 people who have side effects while taking Bactrim ds from FDA and social media. Among them, 54 have Colitis ulcerative. Find out below who they are, when they have Colitis ulcerative and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Bactrim ds and have Colitis ulcerative >>>
Bactrim ds has active ingredients of sulfamethoxazole; trimethoprim. It is often used in urinary tract infection. (latest outcomes from 6,923 Bactrim ds users)
Colitis ulcerative (inflammation of colon with ulcer) has been reported by people with acne, ulcerative colitis, acne cystic, rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis. (latest reports from 22,580 Colitis ulcerative patients)
On Mar, 30, 2015: 6,442 people reported to have side effects when taking Bactrim ds. Among them, 54 people (0.84%) have Colitis Ulcerative.
Time on Bactrim ds when people have Colitis ulcerative * :
Age of people who have Colitis ulcerative when taking Bactrim ds * :
|Colitis ulcerative||0.00%||0.00%||96.15%||3.85%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Colitis ulcerative when taking Bactrim ds ** :
How people recovered from Colitis ulcerative ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Sinusitis (23 people, 42.59%)
- Headache (21 people, 38.89%)
- Rhinitis (21 people, 38.89%)
- Acne (16 people, 29.63%)
- Hyperhidrosis (8 people, 14.81%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Accutane (54 people, 100.00%)
- Asacol (23 people, 42.59%)
- Aleve (23 people, 42.59%)
- Amoxicillin (23 people, 42.59%)
- Advil (21 people, 38.89%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Colitis Ulcerative while taking Bactrim Ds?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Bactrim ds and have Colitis Ulcerative
- support group for people who take Bactrim ds
- support group for people who have Colitis Ulcerative
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Bactrim Ds, Doxycycline Hyclate, Tylenol W/ Codeine No. 3, Tri-sprintec, Adderall 10, Adderall 20 for a 24-year old woman with Infection, Pain, Birth Control, Adhd. The patient has Lightheadedness - Dizzy, Abdominal Cramps, Nausea, Hot Flush
- A study of side effects of Bactrim for a 18-year old girl with Urinary Tract Infection. The patient has Abdominal Pain Lower
- A study of side effects of Bactrim Ds for a 31-year old woman with Infection. The patient has Incontinence - Urinary
- A study of side effects of Bactrim Ds for a 17-year old boy with Acne And Teenagers. The patient has Persistent Cloaca
- A study of drug interactions between Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Aleve, Lipitor, Terbinafine Hydrochloride, Bactrim DS, Tamsulosin for a 68-year old man with Insomnia, Prostate Seed Implant, High Blood Cholesterol, Toe Fungus, Post Prostate Surgery Syndrome, Urinary Tract Disorder. The patient has Weight Increased
Recent Bactrim ds related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.