Review: could Bactrim ds cause Headache?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 2, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.6/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 6,141 people who take Bactrim ds. Among them, 244 have Headache. See who they are, when they have Headache and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Bactrim ds (latest outcomes from 6,673 users) has active ingredients of sulfamethoxazole; trimethoprim. It is often used in urinary tract infection, infection. Commonly reported side effects of Bactrim ds include fever, nausea, nausea aggravated, fatigue, weakness.
Headache (pain in head) (latest reports from 1,165,303 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, depression, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis.
On Feb, 19, 2014: 6,141 people reported to have side effects when taking Bactrim ds. Among them, 338 people (5.50%) have Headache.
Time on Bactrim ds when people have Headache * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Headache when taking Bactrim ds * :
Severity of Headache when taking Bactrim ds ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Headache ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple myeloma (29 people, 8.58%)
- Headache (23 people, 6.80%)
- Rhinitis (21 people, 6.21%)
- Hypertension (19 people, 5.62%)
- Hiv infection (18 people, 5.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Diflucan (40 people, 11.83%)
- Claritin (37 people, 10.95%)
- Amoxicillin (37 people, 10.95%)
- Clonidine (32 people, 9.47%)
- Prednisone (32 people, 9.47%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Bactrim ds, Headache
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Bactrim Ds (sulfamethoxazole; trimethoprim) is often used for urinary tract infection. Find out below the conditions Bactrim Ds is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Bactrim Ds used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Bactrim ds side effects from A to Z:
Browse Bactrim ds drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 months ago):
symptoms in area 3 started 2weeks post Septra course of 7 days. Seemed like gastroenteritis for 48 hours then diarrhea subsided but other symptoms remain.
From this study (3 years ago):
Headache is as debilitating as the pelvic pain was. Is headache from bactrim or pyridium, one dose of diflucan before i was changed to bactrim or combination?
From this study (4 years ago):
D Ayers on Apr, 16, 2010:
The headache began within hours of taking the Bactrim. Not sure if the interaction of the Pristiq and Bactrim are related but four days were spent in the hospital with no specific diagnosis. General practitioner referred patient to neurologist.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Bactrim ds, Headache
More reviews for: Bactrim ds, Headache
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Pseudoephedrine Hydrochloride, Guaifenesin, Triamterene And Hydrochlorothiazide, Prilosec Otc, Septra for a patient with Allergic Sinusitis, Hypertension, Gerd, Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Bacterial. The patient has Diarrhea, Abdominal Cramps (Abdominal pain), Headache, Nausea, Abdominal Bloating
- A study of drug interactions between Pyridium, Bactrim Ds for a patient with UTI. The patient has Headache
- A study of drug interactions between Magnesium Sulfate, Cellcept, Neoral, Bactrim Ds, Amlodipine Besylate, Zantac 300, Prednisone, Calcium Carbonate, Famotidine And Magnesium Hydroxide, Pravastatin Sodium for a patient with Magnesium - Low, Heart + Lung Transplant, Blood Pressure - High, Stomach Ulcer, Immune Response, Calcium Deficiency, Blood Cholesterol Increased. The patient has Headache
More related studies for: Bactrim ds, Headache
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.