Review: could Bactrim ds cause Heart disease?
Summary: Heart disease is found among people who take Bactrim ds, especially for people who are male, 50-59 old, also take medication Lisinopril, and have Deficiency anaemia.
We study 6,439 people who have side effects while taking Bactrim ds from FDA and social media. Among them, 9 have Heart disease. Find out below who they are, when they have Heart disease and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Bactrim ds and have Heart disease >>>
Bactrim ds has active ingredients of sulfamethoxazole; trimethoprim. It is often used in urinary tract infection. (latest outcomes from 6,920 Bactrim ds users)
Heart disease has been reported by people with diabetes, pain, arthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 20,117 Heart disease patients)
On Feb, 21, 2015: 6,439 people reported to have side effects when taking Bactrim ds. Among them, 9 people (0.14%) have Heart Disease.
Time on Bactrim ds when people have Heart disease * :
Age of people who have Heart disease when taking Bactrim ds * :
|Heart disease||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||40.00%||60.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Heart disease when taking Bactrim ds ** :
How people recovered from Heart disease ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Deficiency anaemia (3 people, 33.33%)
- Prophylaxis (3 people, 33.33%)
- Heart rate irregular (3 people, 33.33%)
- Hiv infection (3 people, 33.33%)
- Chest pain (2 people, 22.22%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lisinopril (5 people, 55.56%)
- Aspirin (5 people, 55.56%)
- Coreg (5 people, 55.56%)
- Potassium chloride (4 people, 44.44%)
- Lasix (4 people, 44.44%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Heart Disease while taking Bactrim Ds?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Bactrim ds and have Heart Disease
- support group for people who take Bactrim ds
- support group for people who have Heart Disease
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Amoxicillin, Ambien, Bactrim, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Methylprednisolone, Glipizide, Verapamil Hydrochloride, Carafate for a 77-year old man with Bone Marrow Aspiration, Insomnia, Uti, Pain, Inflammation, Diabetes, High Blood Pressure, Acid Reflux. The patient has Weakness, Hiccups
- A study of side effects of Septra Ds for a 39-year old woman with Urinary Tract Infection. The patient has Hemorrhoidal Bleeding (bleeding piles)
- A study of drug interactions between Amlodipine Besylate, Bactrim for a 32-year old woman with High Blood Pressure, Urinary Tract Infection. The patient has Shortness Of Breath
- A study of side effects of Bactrim for a 35-year old man with Avastin. The patient has Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- A study of drug interactions between Dyrenium, Septra DS for a 67-year old woman with Infected Tonsil Tag, Infected Cyst. The patient has Sore Throat And White Patches On Throat
Recent Bactrim ds related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.