Review: could Bactrim ds cause Irregular heartbeat (Heart palpitations)?
Summary: Irregular heartbeat is found among people who take Bactrim ds, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Ativan, and have Hiv infection.
We study 6,444 people who have side effects while taking Bactrim ds from FDA and social media. Among them, 67 have Irregular heartbeat. Find out below who they are, when they have Irregular heartbeat and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Bactrim ds and have Irregular heartbeat >>>
Bactrim ds has active ingredients of sulfamethoxazole; trimethoprim. It is often used in urinary tract infection. (latest outcomes from 6,925 Bactrim ds users)
Irregular heartbeat (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, pain. (latest reports from 52,180 Irregular heartbeat patients)
On Apr, 23, 2015: 6,444 people reported to have side effects when taking Bactrim ds. Among them, 67 people (1.04%) have Irregular Heartbeat.
Time on Bactrim ds when people have Irregular heartbeat * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Irregular heartbeat||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Irregular heartbeat when taking Bactrim ds * :
|Irregular heartbeat||0.00%||0.00%||1.61%||12.90%||14.52%||37.10%||20.97%||12.90% |
Severity of Irregular heartbeat when taking Bactrim ds ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Irregular heartbeat||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Irregular heartbeat ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hiv infection (8 people, 11.94%)
- Anxiety (8 people, 11.94%)
- Pain (7 people, 10.45%)
- Prophylaxis (7 people, 10.45%)
- Urinary tract infection (7 people, 10.45%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Ativan (16 people, 23.88%)
- Flexeril (15 people, 22.39%)
- Lasix (15 people, 22.39%)
- Reglan (14 people, 20.90%)
- Atenolol (13 people, 19.40%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of bactrim ds and irregular heartbeat on
Do you have Irregular Heartbeat while taking Bactrim Ds?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Bactrim ds and have Irregular Heartbeat
- support group for people who take Bactrim ds
- support group for people who have Irregular Heartbeat
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Prednisone for a 38-year old woman with Asthma. The patient has Heart Palpitations
- A study of drug interactions between Celexa, Seroquel, Trileptal for a 39-year old woman with Depression, Insomnia, Bipolar. The patient has Heart Palpitations
- A study of drug interactions between Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Levothyroxine Sodium for a 57-year old woman with Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Graves Disease. The patient has Shakes, Palpitations, Shortness Of Breath
- A study of drug interactions between Zoloft, Buspirone Hcl, Xanax for a 39-year old woman with Anxiety, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Heart Palpitations, Thoughts - Cloudy
- A study of drug interactions between Cetirizine Hydrochloride, Amlodipine, Doxepin Hydrochloride, Effexor Xr, Depakote Er, Baclofen for a 37-year old woman with Allergies, Blood Pressure Fluctuation, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Anxiety Disorder, Seizure Disorder, Spasticity. The patient has Back Pain, Weakness, Palpitations
Recent Bactrim ds related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.