Review: could Bactrim ds cause Mental status changes?
Summary: Mental status changes is found among people who take Bactrim ds, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Diflucan, and have Hiv infection.
We study 6,442 people who have side effects while taking Bactrim ds from FDA and social media. Among them, 80 have Mental status changes. Find out below who they are, when they have Mental status changes and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Bactrim ds and have Mental status changes >>>
Bactrim ds has active ingredients of sulfamethoxazole; trimethoprim. It is often used in urinary tract infection. (latest outcomes from 6,925 Bactrim ds users)
Mental status changes
Mental status changes (general changes in brain function, such as confusion, amnesia (memory loss), loss of alertness, loss of orientation) has been reported by people with pain, depression, high blood pressure, multiple myeloma, multiple sclerosis. (latest reports from 14,041 Mental status changes patients)
On Apr, 16, 2015: 6,442 people reported to have side effects when taking Bactrim ds. Among them, 80 people (1.24%) have Mental Status Changes.
Time on Bactrim ds when people have Mental status changes * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Mental status changes||75.00%||25.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Mental status changes when taking Bactrim ds * :
|Mental status changes||0.00%||0.00%||3.57%||0.00%||1.19%||28.57%||23.81%||42.86% |
Severity of Mental status changes when taking Bactrim ds ** :
How people recovered from Mental status changes ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hiv infection (17 people, 21.25%)
- Hypertension (14 people, 17.50%)
- Multiple myeloma (11 people, 13.75%)
- Pain (10 people, 12.50%)
- Infection (9 people, 11.25%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Diflucan (31 people, 38.75%)
- Potassium chloride (27 people, 33.75%)
- Aranesp (26 people, 32.50%)
- Protonix (19 people, 23.75%)
- Clonidine (19 people, 23.75%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Mental Status Changes while taking Bactrim Ds?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Bactrim ds and have Mental Status Changes
- support group for people who take Bactrim ds
- support group for people who have Mental Status Changes
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Bactrim for a 35-year old woman with Infection - Ear. The patient has Diarrhea
- A study of side effects of Bactrim for a 61-year old woman with Uti. The patient has Cough
- A study of side effects of Sulfamethoxazole And Trimethoprim for a 21-year old woman with UTI. The patient has Appetite Decreased, Confusion, Weakness, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Depression
- A study of side effects of Bactrim Ds for a 18-year old girl with Abscess. The patient has Vomiting, Fever, Throat - Sore
- A study of drug interactions between Bactrim Ds, Doxycycline Hyclate, Tylenol W/ Codeine No. 3, Tri-sprintec, Adderall 10, Adderall 20 for a 24-year old woman with Infection, Pain, Birth Control, Adhd. The patient has Lightheadedness - Dizzy, Abdominal Cramps, Nausea, Hot Flush
Recent Bactrim ds related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.