Review: could Bactrim ds cause Muscle pain (Muscle aches)?
Summary: Muscle pain is found among people who take Bactrim ds, especially for people who are male, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Percocet, and have Stress and anxiety.
We study 6,444 people who have side effects while taking Bactrim ds from FDA and social media. Among them, 133 have Muscle pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Muscle pain and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Bactrim ds and have Muscle pain >>>
Bactrim ds has active ingredients of sulfamethoxazole; trimethoprim. It is often used in urinary tract infection. (latest outcomes from 6,925 Bactrim ds users)
Muscle pain (muscle pain) has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression, multiple sclerosis. (latest reports from 73,537 Muscle pain patients)
On Apr, 2, 2015: 6,442 people reported to have side effects when taking Bactrim ds. Among them, 133 people (2.06%) have Muscle Pain.
Time on Bactrim ds when people have Muscle pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Muscle pain||78.26%||8.70%||0.00%||4.35%||0.00%||0.00%||8.70% |
Age of people who have Muscle pain when taking Bactrim ds * :
|Muscle pain||0.00%||0.00%||5.69%||8.94%||15.45%||43.90%||11.38%||14.63% |
Severity of Muscle pain when taking Bactrim ds ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Muscle pain||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Muscle pain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Muscle pain||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Anxiety (18 people, 13.53%)
- Hiv infection (16 people, 12.03%)
- Eczema (10 people, 7.52%)
- Oral disorder (8 people, 6.02%)
- Pain (5 people, 3.76%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Percocet (34 people, 25.56%)
- Zithromax (34 people, 25.56%)
- Ativan (32 people, 24.06%)
- Flexeril (31 people, 23.31%)
- Diflucan (31 people, 23.31%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of bactrim ds and muscle pain on
Do you have Muscle Pain while taking Bactrim Ds?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Bactrim ds and have Muscle Pain
- support group for people who take Bactrim ds
- support group for people who have Muscle Pain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Bactrim for a 35-year old woman with Infection - Ear. The patient has Diarrhea
- A study of side effects of Bactrim for a 61-year old woman with Uti. The patient has Cough
- A study of side effects of Sulfamethoxazole And Trimethoprim for a 21-year old woman with UTI. The patient has Appetite Decreased, Confusion, Weakness, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Depression
- A study of drug interactions between Tamsulosin, Latanoprost, Atenolol, Amlodipine for a 81-year old man with Frequent Or Urgent Urination, Eye Degenerative Disorder, Hypertension. The patient has Muscle Pain, Feeling Hot, Diabetes Mellitus, Swelling Face, Puffy Face
- A study of drug interactions between Ambien, Valium for a 62-year old man with Insomnia, Anxiety. The patient has Pain - Muscles
Recent Bactrim ds related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.