From FDA reports: Bactrim ds and Plasma cell dyscrasia
This is a study of Plasma cell dyscrasia (Multiple myeloma) among people who take Bactrim ds. The study analyzes: the time on Bactrim ds when people have Plasma cell dyscrasia, age of these people, the severity of Plasma cell dyscrasia, how they recovered, and common conditions and drugs used besides Bactrim ds. In total 5,882 Bactrim ds users are studied. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA and is updated regularly.
Do you have a question? Healthcare is personal: one drug can work differently between women and men, or for people of different ages. How do you find patients like you to answer your question, and ensure only patients like you can answer it? Our Personalized Q&A can help. Start now
Bactrim ds has active ingredients of sulfamethoxazole; trimethoprim. It is used in urinary tract infection, infection, acne, sinusitis, cystitis - acute bacterial. Commonly reported side effects of Bactrim ds include fever, nausea, fatigue, anaemia, weakness.
Plasma cell dyscrasia
Plasma cell dyscrasia has been reported by people with multiple myeloma, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, pain, rheumatoid arthritis.
On Jun, 4, 2013: 5,882 people reported to have side effects when taking Bactrim ds. Among them, 25 people (0.43%) have Plasma Cell Dyscrasia.
Time on Bactrim ds when people have Plasma cell dyscrasia * :
Age of people who have Plasma cell dyscrasia when taking Bactrim ds * :
|Plasma cell dyscrasia||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||12.00%||16.00%||72.00% |
Severity of Plasma cell dyscrasia when taking Bactrim ds ** :
How people recovered from Plasma cell dyscrasia ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple myeloma (21 people, 84.00%)
- Pain (3 people, 12.00%)
- Metastases to bone (2 people, 8.00%)
- Nausea (2 people, 8.00%)
- Antibiotic prophylaxis (2 people, 8.00%)
Login or sign up (it's free) to view more results.
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Dexamethasone (13 people, 52.00%)
- Oxycontin (13 people, 52.00%)
- Lasix (12 people, 48.00%)
- Acyclovir (11 people, 44.00%)
- Coumadin (11 people, 44.00%)
Login or sign up (it's free) to view more results.
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
(If the study does not answer your question, use Personalized Q&A)
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Next: check whether plasma cell dyscrasia is from a drug or a condition
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Bactrim Ds (sulfamethoxazole; trimethoprim) is often used for urinary tract infection. Find out below the conditions Bactrim Ds is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Bactrim Ds used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Bactrim ds side effects from A to Z:
Browse Bactrim ds drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Related personalized Q&As (what is this?):
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent drug studies on eHealthMe:
- Levaquin for a 48-year old woman who has Infection (55 minutes ago)
- Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Homatropine Methylbromide for a 55-year old man who has Pain (1 hour ago)
- Wellbutrin Sr, Strattera for a 40-year old woman who has Depression , ADD (2 hours ago)
- Nortriptyline Hydrochloride for a 39-year old woman who has Migraine Without Aura (2 hours ago)
- Fenofibrate, Hyzaar, Estradiol, Topamax, Zoloft, Glucovance for a 50-year old woman who has Hypocholesterolaemia, Blood Pressure Management, Total Hysterectomy, Migraine Prophylaxis, Anxiety And Stress, Diabetes Mellitus Management (2 hours ago)
- Mirena for a 17-year old girl who has Contraception (2 hours ago)
- Multivitamin, Children's Zyrtec Allergy, Albuterol Sulfate, Singulair, Risperidone for a 6-year old boy who has General Health, Allergies, Asthma , Asthma, Oppositional Defiant Disorder (2 hours ago)
- Geodon for a 43-year old woman who has Bipolar Disorder (3 hours ago)
- Methadone Hydrochloride for a 59-year old woman who has Chronic Pain (3 hours ago)
- Topamax for a 29-year old woman who has Migraine (3 hours ago)