Review: could Bactrim ds cause Skin reaction?
Summary: Skin reaction is reported only by a few people who take Bactrim ds.
We study 6,442 people who have side effects while taking Bactrim ds from FDA and social media. Among them, 2 have Skin reaction. Find out below who they are, when they have Skin reaction and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Bactrim ds and have Skin reaction >>>
Bactrim ds has active ingredients of sulfamethoxazole; trimethoprim. It is often used in urinary tract infection. (latest outcomes from 6,923 Bactrim ds users)
Skin reaction has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, pain, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 2,839 Skin reaction patients)
On Mar, 9, 2015: 6,439 people reported to have side effects when taking Bactrim ds. Among them, 2 people (0.03%) have Skin Reaction.
Time on Bactrim ds when people have Skin reaction * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Skin reaction||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Skin reaction when taking Bactrim ds * :
|Skin reaction||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Skin reaction when taking Bactrim ds ** :
How people recovered from Skin reaction ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Infection (2 people, 100.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Solu-medrol (1 people, 50.00%)
- Phenergan hcl (1 people, 50.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of bactrim ds and skin reaction on
Do you have Skin Reaction while taking Bactrim Ds?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Bactrim ds and have Skin Reaction
- support group for people who take Bactrim ds
- support group for people who have Skin Reaction
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Bactrim Ds for a 31-year old woman with Infection. The patient has Incontinence - Urinary (involuntary leakage of urine)
- A study of side effects of Bactrim Ds for a 17-year old boy with Acne And Teenagers. The patient has Persistent Cloaca (complex anorectal and genitourinary malformation)
- A study of drug interactions between Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Aleve, Lipitor, Terbinafine Hydrochloride, Bactrim DS, Tamsulosin for a 68-year old man with Insomnia, Prostate Seed Implant, High Blood Cholesterol, Toe Fungus, Post Prostate Surgery Syndrome, Urinary Tract Disorder. The patient has Weight Increased
- A study of drug interactions between Amoxicillin, Ambien, Bactrim, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Methylprednisolone, Glipizide, Verapamil Hydrochloride, Carafate for a 77-year old man with Bone Marrow Aspiration, Insomnia, Uti, Pain, Inflammation, Diabetes, High Blood Pressure, Acid Reflux. The patient has Weakness, Hiccups
- A study of side effects of Septra Ds for a 39-year old woman with Urinary Tract Infection. The patient has Hemorrhoidal Bleeding (bleeding piles)
Recent Bactrim ds related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.