Bactrim ds and Heart disease - from FDA reports
Heart disease is found among people who take Bactrim ds, especially for people who are male, 50-59 old also take medication Aspirin, and have Heart rate irregular. This review analyzes which people have Heart disease with Bactrim ds. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 9,016 people who have side effects when taking Bactrim ds from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 14, 2017
9,016 people reported to have side effects when taking Bactrim ds.
Among them, 11 people (0.12%) have Heart disease
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Heart disease when taking Bactrim ds *:
- female: 45.45 %
- male: 54.55 %
Age of people who have Heart disease when taking Bactrim ds *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 30 %
- 50-59: 50 %
- 60+: 20 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Heart Rate Irregular (3 people, 27.27%)
- Preventive Health Care (2 people, 18.18%)
- Hiv Infection (2 people, 18.18%)
- Chest Pain (2 people, 18.18%)
- Breathing Difficulty (2 people, 18.18%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lisinopril (5 people, 45.45%)
- Aspirin (5 people, 45.45%)
- Lasix (4 people, 36.36%)
- Furosemide (4 people, 36.36%)
- Coreg (4 people, 36.36%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Intervertebral Disc Protrusion (4 people, 36.36%)
- Deep Venous Thrombosis (4 people, 36.36%)
- Coronary Heart Disease (4 people, 36.36%)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (4 people, 36.36%)
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (4 people, 36.36%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Heart disease when taking Bactrim ds?
- Check symptoms - is heart disease caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsHeart disease and drugs with ingredients of sulfamethoxazole; trimethoprim.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeHeart disease and Bactrim ds from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Bactrim ds has active ingredients of sulfamethoxazole; trimethoprim. It is often used in urinary tract infection. (latest outcomes from Bactrim ds 9,939 users)
Heart disease has been reported by people with pain, diabetes, arthritis, high blood cholesterol, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 29,859 Heart disease patients).
Browse all side effects of Bactrim dsa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Heart diseaseHeart disease
Could your condition cause Heart diseaseHeart disease
What would happen?
User reviews to the study
Ive had grand mals since i was,6.Started getting copd over 10 years agonoow severe,hadcancer in 2014 ruined chance of transplant.on oxyjen 24 7 .Beenon ventilator4x at hospital have trouble doing anything physical now..worried pone of these days not going to wake after seizzure.
My name is Robert,had tonic clonic seizures since i was 6 now63.Have had copd over10 years,now severe.Had cancer in 2014 ,ruined chances of transplant.Been on ventilator4x at hospital.Lungs bad ,worried about future seizures and lungs getting so bad.convultions last 2 3 minutes,might not wake ...
I have a ruptured eardrum do to an direct hit to my left ear. ear fullness for 11 days.. I visit the ent and was prescribed bactrim ds for 7 days.. on day 7 ringing start in my left ear... Dr told me it's not the bactrim but I'm confused since that's the only medication I took.Rd
My grandson has been taking Wellbutrin and is now in the hospital. He was accidently given two pills instead of one. While at the hospital, they discovered a heart issue. Not certain if Wellbutrin has anything to do with it, but exploring this possibility.