Bactrim ds and Jaundice - from FDA reports
Jaundice is found among people who take Bactrim ds, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Acyclovir, and have Hiv infection. This review analyzes which people have Jaundice with Bactrim ds. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 9,016 people who have side effects when taking Bactrim ds from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 22, 2017
9,016 people reported to have side effects when taking Bactrim ds.
Among them, 125 people (1.39%) have Jaundice
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Bactrim ds when people have Jaundice *:
- < 1 month: 92.86 %
- 1 - 6 months: 7.14 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Jaundice when taking Bactrim ds *:
- female: 40.32 %
- male: 59.68 %
Age of people who have Jaundice when taking Bactrim ds *:
- 0-1: 1.87 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 3.74 %
- 20-29: 3.74 %
- 30-39: 20.56 %
- 40-49: 15.89 %
- 50-59: 26.17 %
- 60+: 28.04 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Hiv Infection (10 people, 8.00%)
- Depression (8 people, 6.40%)
- Sleep Disorder (7 people, 5.60%)
- Hormone Replacement Therapy (6 people, 4.80%)
- Bronchitis (6 people, 4.80%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Acyclovir (15 people, 12.00%)
- Premarin (13 people, 10.40%)
- Nexium (13 people, 10.40%)
- Prozac (12 people, 9.60%)
- Crixivan (11 people, 8.80%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Blood Bilirubin Increased (38 people, 30.40%)
- Nausea (29 people, 23.20%)
- Fatigue (24 people, 19.20%)
- Liver Function Tests Nos Abnormal (23 people, 18.40%)
- Fever (23 people, 18.40%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Jaundice when taking Bactrim ds?
- Check symptoms - is jaundice caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsJaundice and drugs with ingredients of sulfamethoxazole; trimethoprim.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeJaundice and Bactrim ds from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Bactrim ds has active ingredients of sulfamethoxazole; trimethoprim. It is often used in urinary tract infection. (latest outcomes from Bactrim ds 9,939 users)
Jaundice (a yellowish pigmentation of the skin, the conjunctival membranes) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, hiv infection, hepatitis c, depression, preventive health care (latest reports from 21,959 Jaundice patients).
Browse all side effects of Bactrim dsa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with JaundiceJaundice
Could your condition cause JaundiceJaundice
What would happen?
User reviews to the study
I start ALP with 1 mg dose after taking 2 days of the same dose I felt that 1 mg is too much for me I cut it to 0.5 and then 0.25 now I am taking about 0.12 to get 0.12 I break the pill in 2 pieces. my aim is to withdraw it because it.s makes my eyes yellowish and most important now I have ...
Ive had grand mals since i was,6.Started getting copd over 10 years agonoow severe,hadcancer in 2014 ruined chance of transplant.on oxyjen 24 7 .Beenon ventilator4x at hospital have trouble doing anything physical now..worried pone of these days not going to wake after seizzure.
My name is Robert,had tonic clonic seizures since i was 6 now63.Have had copd over10 years,now severe.Had cancer in 2014 ,ruined chances of transplant.Been on ventilator4x at hospital.Lungs bad ,worried about future seizures and lungs getting so bad.convultions last 2 3 minutes,might not wake ...
I am recovering from jaundice My bilirubin level is 1.2 . Doctor said it is normal . It's been 28 days from where my jaundice started . I recovered in a short period of time . I guess so . My question is can i smoke 1 or 2 sticks of hashish or marijuana a day . It will really help me if i ...