Home > Bactrim > Back pain > Bactrim and Back pain
Review: could Bactrim cause Back pain?
Summary: Back pain is found among people who take Bactrim, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have Multiple myeloma.
We study 28,141 people who have side effects while taking Bactrim from FDA and social media. Among them, 798 have Back pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Back pain and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Bactrim and have Back pain >>>
Bactrim (latest outcomes from 29,474 users) has active ingredients of sulfamethoxazole; trimethoprim. It is often used in urinary tract infection.
Back pain (latest reports from 676,532 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, pain, rheumatoid arthritis.
On Nov, 24, 2014: 28,141 people reported to have side effects when taking Bactrim. Among them, 798 people (2.84%) have Back Pain.
Time on Bactrim when people have Back pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Back pain||68.57%||28.57%||0.00%||2.86%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Back pain when taking Bactrim * :
|Back pain||0.28%||0.85%||9.31%||8.18%||9.17%||22.43%||15.23%||34.56% |
Severity of Back pain when taking Bactrim ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Back pain||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Back pain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Back pain||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple myeloma (99 people, 12.41%)
- Pain (70 people, 8.77%)
- Anxiety (52 people, 6.52%)
- Hiv infection (51 people, 6.39%)
- Osteoporosis (47 people, 5.89%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (225 people, 28.20%)
- Bactrim ds (223 people, 27.94%)
- Aredia (208 people, 26.07%)
- Levaquin (136 people, 17.04%)
- Aspirin (135 people, 16.92%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Back Pain while taking Bactrim?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Bactrim and have Back Pain
- support group for people who take Bactrim
- support group for people who have Back Pain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Will taking simvistatin for dyslipidemia for 5 yrs cause my liver to ache/hurt?
(Asked by a 62 year old woman who has Back Pain, Side Pain, and takes Simvastatin)
Been taking simvastatin for about 5 yrs, but in the last 2-3 months have been experiencing ache and sometimes pain from my lower right front emanating around my right side and into my lower back, I have been tested for a possible urinary tract infection that came in negative, doctors are unsure of w ...
- Do the side effects of prolia either stop or lessen over the 6 month period between injections?
(Asked by a 67 year old woman who has Back Pain, Acid Reflux, Fatigue, Abdominal Pain, Osteoarthritis Generalised, Headache - Mixed Tension Migraine, Itching, Weight Gain, Hot Flush, Musculoskeletal Discomfort, Pain - Abdomen, and takes Feraheme, Pantoprazole, Prolia)
I am wondering if the side effects of Prolia go away or lessen during the six months it is taken for.
- Can sulfamethoxazole-tmp ds, raise or lower blood sugar.
(Asked by a 71 year old woman who has Yeast Infection - Vagina, UTI - Acute, and takes Sulfamethoxazole And Trimethoprim)
Symptoms the last 10 days are chills, sweating, light fever (98.9 to 100) sometimes. General malaise, tired, poor sleep. Just depressed, because of the recurrent Infection that no antibiotics (supposedly the bacteria Klesiella-pneumoniae is Sensitive to all the antibiotics I have taken so far)has cl ...
- How long did the hives/itching eyes last?
(Asked by a 59 year old woman who has Psoriasis, and takes Daptomycin, Bactrim, Levaquin, Vancomycin Hydrochloride, Clindamycin Phosphate In Dextrose 5%)
had back to back allergic reactions to iv abx - after clinda (april 2014) developed sjs - still having hives around my eyes, watering, and severe itching. have been on 4x dose zyrtec, prn benadryl. when will this go away?
- What can i do about nausea from generic bactrim
(Asked by a 77 year old woman who has Nausea, and takes Bactrim Ds)
I want to know what I can do to combat nausea from this drug
More questions for: Bactrim, Back pain
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Naproxin reaction severe
(Posted by a 53 year old woman who has Back Pain)
My partner was given Naproxin for back pain, after taking the reccommended dose of 2 per day for about 10 days he had a severe reaction. It started off with what looked like insect bites on his torso and arms, within half an hour, these had turned into huge welps that were blending together, He look ...
- Bactrim causes severe side effects
(Posted by a 35 year old woman who has Severe Abdominal Pain For Months, and takes Bactrim)
I get bladder infections on a regular basis. I do not have a doctor so I end up in the ER every time. I normally go to the same ER but not all the time. I have been prescribed medications like Cipro and Bactrim. Cipro usually knocks out the infection but I always get another one.
For the last thre ...
- Something should be done....
(Posted by a 34 year old woman who has Sever Knee An Muscle Pain, and takes Sulfamethoxazole And Trimethoprim)
Medicine had my kness aching badly. Cause my legs to lock up where I couldn't bend then. Had to elevate for 2weeks. Feeling better but they still hurt and knees keep popping. Had to take fluid pills cause they were so swollen.
- Losartan cause deep vein thrombosis
(Posted by a 47 year old woman who has Anemia, Knee Pain, Back Pain, Knee Injury - Meniscus, Back Injury, High Blood Pressure, Chronic Dvt , and takes Methocarbamol, Warfarin Sodium, Clonidine, Atenolol)
have had two knee surgeries ,a lumbar decompression, after this three surgeries start taken Losartan potassium and two months later have had a lumbar fusion after this I suffered a Deep Vein Thrombosis, continues taken Losartan for more of year and half, I notice is a bad combination when my ...
- Interaction between bactrim & vit c
(Posted by a 41 year old man who has Tachycardia Paroxysmal, and takes Bactrim)
I drank one tablet of bactrim with glass of vit C (1 tablet), after 5 minutes I became red (face & eyes) with high tachycardia and high pressure in the ears.
After 15 minutes I observed differents red points on the skin (hand, arms & legs).
I would like to inform you that I took in the past bact ...
More reviews for: Bactrim, Back pain
- A study of side effects of Sulfamethoxazole And Trimethoprim Double Strength for a patient with Pilonidal Cyst. The patient has Cheilitis (infection of lips)
Comments: During the final day of my 10 day treatment, using Sulfamethoxazole, my lips began getting dry. The following morning, this trend continued, and after another 24 hours, my lips have become extremely painful. This has not subsided, whatsoever, and has become worse over the course of the last 3 days.. ...
- A study of drug interactions between Phenergan, Bactrim, Gabapentin, Wellbutrin Xl, Synthroid, Topamax, Prozac for a patient with Nausea, Urinary Tract Infection Enterococcal, Neuropathic Pain, Migraine - Common, Hypothyroidism, Depression. The patient has Muscle Rigidity
Comments: Just started Prozac 4 weeks ago with no side effects. Became ill with UTI, doctor prescribed Bactrim & Phenergan. Within a day, I had severe muscle rigidity in my jaw, neck, shoulders & abdomen. It was not like a "leg cramp" and nothing I have ever experienced. I stopped taking the Prozac and th ...
- A study of drug interactions between Levothyroxine Thyroid, Aspirin, Milk Thistle, Glyburide And Metformin Hydrochloride for a patient with Thyroid Disorder, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Liver Cirrhosis. The patient has Impaired Memory, Autonomic Nervous System Imbalance, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Joint Stiffness, Back Pain
Comments: Diagnosed with liver disease after collapse at home. Virus attack due to low immunity caused by liver problems. Oesophageal varices. Partial portal vein blockage. Have Diabetes Type 2 19 years with no problems, well controlled.
- A study of drug interactions between Pennsaid, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Butrans, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Hydroxyzine, Clindamycin Hydrochloride, Bactrim Ds for a patient with Inflammation, Muscle Tightness, Pain, Hypothyroidism, Allergic Reaction - Drug (medication), Infection. The patient has Pain - Joints, Tendonitis Exacerbated
Comments: Added clindamyacin 5 days after starting Bactrim DS for infection affecting area between ear and mandible. Moderate GI pain within 12 hours of clindamyacin, nausea and LOA lasting 3 days, improved after that. By day 5 sudden onset rash on upper body, rapidly spread to proximal upper extremities th ...
- A study of drug interactions between Xanax, Remeron, Lunesta, Neurontin, Phenergan, Norco, Baclofen, Bactrim Ds, Cymbalta for a patient with PTSD, Insomnia, Post Herpetic Neuralgia, Nausea And Vomiting, Cervical Spinal Stenosis, Muscle Spasticity, Mrsa Infection, Depression. The patient has Pain Of Skin, Fever, Blisters
Comments: Was diagnosed with MRSA following neck surgery. I had been on vancomycin 2g twice a day via IV. My trough levels were not reaching "therapeutic" levels so I was switched to Bactrim DS in late July. Wound is still open and painful. About three days ago I noticed blisters on my chest. I had shingles t ...
More related studies for: Bactrim, Back pain
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.