Review: could Bactrim cause Exhaustion, fatigue, lethargy, tiredness, weariness?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 8, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.5/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 27,992 people who take Bactrim. Among them, 1,462 have Exhaustion, fatigue, lethargy, tiredness, weariness. See who they are, when they have Exhaustion, fatigue, lethargy, tiredness, weariness and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Bactrim (latest outcomes from 29,374 users) has active ingredients of sulfamethoxazole; trimethoprim. It is often used in urinary tract infection, infection. Commonly reported side effects of Bactrim include fever, nausea aggravated, nausea, anaemia, weakness.
Exhaustion, fatigue, lethargy, tiredness, weariness
Exhaustion, fatigue, lethargy, tiredness, weariness (feeling of tiredness) (latest reports from 1,505,362 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, depression, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis.
On Mar, 8, 2014: 27,992 people reported to have side effects when taking Bactrim. Among them, 1,462 people (5.22%) have Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness. They amount to 0.10% of all the 1,503,902 people who have Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness.
Time on Bactrim when people have Exhaustion, fatigue, lethargy, tiredness, weariness * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Exhaustion, fatigue, lethargy, tiredness, weariness||70.18%||21.05%||4.39%||1.75%||0.00%||0.00%||2.63% |
Age of people who have Exhaustion, fatigue, lethargy, tiredness, weariness when taking Bactrim * :
|Exhaustion, fatigue, lethargy, tiredness, weariness||0.29%||1.91%||5.96%||6.18%||11.48%||20.82%||18.40%||34.95% |
Severity of Exhaustion, fatigue, lethargy, tiredness, weariness when taking Bactrim ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Exhaustion, fatigue, lethargy, tiredness, weariness||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Exhaustion, fatigue, lethargy, tiredness, weariness ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Exhaustion, fatigue, lethargy, tiredness, weariness||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple myeloma (126 people, 8.62%)
- Hiv infection (114 people, 7.80%)
- Pain (73 people, 4.99%)
- Depression (64 people, 4.38%)
- Prophylaxis (54 people, 3.69%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Bactrim ds (468 people, 32.01%)
- Prednisone (233 people, 15.94%)
- Aspirin (230 people, 15.73%)
- Zometa (209 people, 14.30%)
- Levaquin (197 people, 13.47%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Bactrim, Exhaustion, fatigue, lethargy, tiredness, weariness
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Bactrim (sulfamethoxazole; trimethoprim) is often used for urinary tract infection. Find out below the conditions Bactrim is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Bactrim used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
- Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness in Urinary Tract Infection (578 reports)
- Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness in Infection (327 reports)
- Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness in Acne (879 reports)
- Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness in Sinusitis (652 reports)
Browse Bactrim side effects from A to Z:
Browse Bactrim drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 weeks ago):
I have been on Bactrim for 6days 800 mg x 4 day.
From this study (2 months ago):
Had very high liver enzymes just days after taking Bactrim DS & Ibuprofen 800 mg together for 2 weeks. Had dark urine & vomiting while taking meds. Had gallbladder removed and had trouble with blood clotting after surgery. Needed several blood transfusions due to blood clotting issues. Now have on going diarrhea, weight loss, pain and lethargy.
From this study (3 months ago):
Patient was very talkative, eating well and walking a lot prior to this. Isn't talking much now.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Bactrim, Exhaustion, fatigue, lethargy, tiredness, weariness
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Epilepsy and depression drug side effects
42yo male having infrequent seizures since he was 19yo.
Was recently placed on Neurontin and Topamax after a single seizure. This combination of meds appeared to increase the frequency of seizures ( from 1 every few years unmedicated, to 1 every month ). Dosage being increased after each seizure. ...
- Isoniazid: the downside continued
I also have extreme fatigue. I can sleep 8 hours and then take a 4 hour nap. I have dizziness which seems to be increasing in the last few weeks. I have nausea on and off. I have diarrhea in the morning 45 minutes after taking it. Then I am mostly constipated for the rest of the day. It seems ...
- Pulmonery hypertension
gives you heart failure, enlarged right side of heart, lungs are not getting enough oxgen, have blood clots, so effects all body organs
More reviews for: Bactrim, Exhaustion, fatigue, lethargy, tiredness, weariness
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Ibuprofen, Bactrim Ds for a patient with Foot Pain, Infection. The patient has Pain, Lethargy (Fatigue), Weight Loss - Unintentional (Weight Decreased), Diarrhea, Confusional State, Rash (Rashes), Vomiting (Nausea and vomiting), Jaundice (Jaundice - yellow skin), Elevated Liver Enzymes, Cholelithiasis (Gallstones)
- A study of drug interactions between Melatonin, Novolog, Aricept, Levemir, Metformin Hydrochloride; Repaglinide, Saphris, Depakote, Septra Ds for a patient with Insomnia Related To Another Mental Condition, Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent, Dementia Alzheimer's Type, Bipolar Mania, Psychosis, Uti - Acute. The patient has Decreased Activity, Decreased Eye Contact, Decreased Interest, Weakness, Appetite - Decreased, Lethargy (Fatigue), Difficulty In Walking
- A study of side effects of Sulfamethoxazole And Trimethoprim for a patient with Urinary Tract Infection. The patient has Fatigue (feeling of tiredness), Breath Sounds Abnormal
More related studies for: Bactrim, Exhaustion, fatigue, lethargy, tiredness, weariness
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.