Home > Bactrim > Lewy body dementia > Bactrim and Lewy body dementia
Review: could Bactrim cause Lewy body dementia (Dementia)?
Summary: Lewy body dementia is found among people who take Bactrim, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Coumadin, and have Depression.
We study 28,141 people who have side effects while taking Bactrim from FDA and social media. Among them, 40 have Lewy body dementia. Find out below who they are, when they have Lewy body dementia and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Bactrim and have Lewy body dementia >>>
Bactrim (latest outcomes from 29,470 users) has active ingredients of sulfamethoxazole; trimethoprim. It is often used in urinary tract infection.
Lewy body dementia
Lewy body dementia (a nerve cell protein induced a loss of mental ability severe enough to interfere with normal activities of daily living) (latest reports from 45,751 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression, high blood cholesterol, rheumatoid arthritis.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 28,123 people reported to have side effects when taking Bactrim. Among them, 27 people (0.10%) have Lewy Body Dementia.
Time on Bactrim when people have Lewy body dementia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Lewy body dementia||75.00%||25.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Lewy body dementia when taking Bactrim * :
|Lewy body dementia||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||6.45%||16.13%||0.00%||77.42% |
Severity of Lewy body dementia when taking Bactrim ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Lewy body dementia||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Lewy body dementia ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Lewy body dementia||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (10 people, 37.04%)
- Multiple myeloma (10 people, 37.04%)
- Insomnia (9 people, 33.33%)
- Ill-defined disorder (4 people, 14.81%)
- Herpes simplex (2 people, 7.41%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Coumadin (13 people, 48.15%)
- Bactrim ds (12 people, 44.44%)
- Xanax (11 people, 40.74%)
- Elavil (11 people, 40.74%)
- Ertapenem (10 people, 37.04%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Lewy Body Dementia while taking Bactrim?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Bactrim and have Lewy Body Dementia
- support group for people who take Bactrim
- support group for people who have Lewy Body Dementia
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can sulfamethoxazole-tmp ds, raise or lower blood sugar.
(Asked by a 71 year old woman who has Yeast Infection - Vagina, UTI - Acute, and takes Sulfamethoxazole And Trimethoprim)
Symptoms the last 10 days are chills, sweating, light fever (98.9 to 100) sometimes. General malaise, tired, poor sleep. Just depressed, because of the recurrent Infection that no antibiotics (supposedly the bacteria Klesiella-pneumoniae is Sensitive to all the antibiotics I have taken so far)has cl ...
- How long did the hives/itching eyes last?
(Asked by a 59 year old woman who has Psoriasis, and takes Daptomycin, Bactrim, Levaquin, Vancomycin Hydrochloride, Clindamycin Phosphate In Dextrose 5%)
had back to back allergic reactions to iv abx - after clinda (april 2014) developed sjs - still having hives around my eyes, watering, and severe itching. have been on 4x dose zyrtec, prn benadryl. when will this go away?
- What can i do about nausea from generic bactrim
(Asked by a 77 year old woman who has Nausea, and takes Bactrim Ds)
I want to know what I can do to combat nausea from this drug
- Can fever be caused by parkinson's disease
(Asked by a 62 year old man who has Sleepiness - During The Day, Shaking Hands, Feeling Of Being Pulled Backwords, Feelings Of Worthlessness, Hand Grasping , Hand Tremor, Extremely Short Term Memory Loss, Slow Thought Expression, Intermittent Low Grade Fever, and takes Sulfamethoxazole And Trimethoprim, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Lasix, Eplerenone)
I have had 2 attacks which included: Intermittent Low Grade Fever, Hand Tremor, Hand Grasping , and Feelings Of Worthlessness. I have osteopenia and chronic liver cirrhosis.
- I want to try a turmeric tonic for abscesses caused by staph. i am on bactrim ds and an concerned of the interactions. does anyone have advice or other remedies i could try?
(Asked by a 31 year old woman who has Infection - Skin - Staph, and takes Bactrim Ds, Turmeric)
I have 5 pretty bad abscesses from the staph infection. 3 of them finally started to drain but two are big and painful with no head. I have tried warm compresses, cannabis oil, alcohol wipes, and an Apple Cider Vinegar/baking soda paste. If I don't get them to drain I'll have to have them lanced thi ...
More questions for: Bactrim, Lewy body dementia
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Bactrim causes severe side effects
(Posted by a 35 year old woman who has Severe Abdominal Pain For Months, and takes Bactrim)
I get bladder infections on a regular basis. I do not have a doctor so I end up in the ER every time. I normally go to the same ER but not all the time. I have been prescribed medications like Cipro and Bactrim. Cipro usually knocks out the infection but I always get another one.
For the last thre ...
- Something should be done....
(Posted by a 34 year old woman who has Sever Knee An Muscle Pain, and takes Sulfamethoxazole And Trimethoprim)
Medicine had my kness aching badly. Cause my legs to lock up where I couldn't bend then. Had to elevate for 2weeks. Feeling better but they still hurt and knees keep popping. Had to take fluid pills cause they were so swollen.
- Interaction between bactrim & vit c
(Posted by a 41 year old man who has Tachycardia Paroxysmal, and takes Bactrim)
I drank one tablet of bactrim with glass of vit C (1 tablet), after 5 minutes I became red (face & eyes) with high tachycardia and high pressure in the ears.
After 15 minutes I observed differents red points on the skin (hand, arms & legs).
I would like to inform you that I took in the past bact ...
More reviews for: Bactrim, Lewy body dementia
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Vitamin C, Prednisone, Furosemide, Oxycontin, MS Contin for a patient with Vitamin D Deficiency, Health, Sarcoidosis, Fluid Retention. The patient has Chronic Brain Syndrome, Fatigue - Chronic, Depression, Anger
Comments: During the past five years all of my relationships have become strained and most are currently non-existent. I have occasional outbursts where I become extremely angry and often scream and yell at those around me. I am also, and have been, for ten or more years very emotional, crying at the slight ...
- A study of drug interactions between Lamictal, Adderall for a patient with ADHD. The patient has Paranoia, Schizophrenia, Dementia
Comments: My older brother is an American college football player. He's blessed with his height being 6'4'' and his weight being 230 lbs. He is 22 years old.
When we were growing up (ages 11-18), he was *sometimes* belligerent towards me, but he usually was well behaved in front of my parents.
Ever since a ...
- A study of drug interactions between Bactrim, Cialis, Levothyroxine Sodium for a patient with Kidney Infection (pyelonephritis), Impotence, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Bactrim Ds
Comments: I believe that I have Carcinoid Syndrome, however, obtaining a diagnosis for this rare form of Cancer is extremely difficult. I went to see my doctor for pain in the lower left quadrant in my back. Other symptoms I have include: Stinging sensation upon urination, clear urine with foam on top as th ...
- A study of drug interactions between Klonopin, Bactroban, Clobetasol Propionate, Simvastatin, Prilosec, Bactrim Ds, Ciprofloxacin Hydrochloride for a patient with Anxiety, Skin Ulcers, Itchy Skin, High Blood Cholesterol, Barretts Esophagus, Bacterial Infection, Infected Skin Ulcer. The patient has Chronic Skin Ulcer, Diminished Kidney Functions, Klonopin - Insomnia
Comments: I was diagnosed with Prurigo nodularis in Jan '12 after biopsy was done and previously had two months of itching, sores, bumps on legs, head, shoulders, arms. Out of work due to skin condition, which has worsened - ulcers on legs, neck, shoulders, arms, infected, sore, stabbing pain, sensitive to c ...
- A study of drug interactions between Septra, Bactroban for a patient with Mrsa Infection. The patient has Hallucination, Visual
Comments: My 3 yr old was diagnosed with a bacterial skin infection (MRSA) on his bottom. The doctor perscribed Bactroban for topical treatment and Septra as an antibiotic. Septra is to be taken 2 times daily. The Bactroban is to be applied one to two times daily. After three doses of the Septra, the last ...
More related studies for: Bactrim, Lewy body dementia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Avocado and Nocturnal Emission
- Isentress and Gynecomastia
- Hair Loss and Liver Abscess
- Dizziness and Trileptal
- Seizures and Dizziness
- Did you have a heart fibrillations and anxiety and depression
I was a pretty calm and relaxed person until I started ome ... (5 hours ago)
- Can i take melatonin if i take prograf?
I take Prograf to prevent organ rejection in a liver trans ... (11 hours ago)
- What medication can i add to viibryd
Answer: I have, ADHD, depression, anxiety and recently diagnosed w ... (15 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- A really bad day ritalin+orange juice
I took Ritaline, then Orange juice. I couldn't do my exam ... (11 hours ago)
- Tingling feet and hands
I have used flagyl 3 times and after stopping the use of t ... (16 hours ago)
- Urea urine increased while taking topamax
I was on Topamax to lose weight. It worked for me, I lost ... (3 days ago)