Review: could Bactrim cause Pancreatitis?
Summary: Pancreatitis is found among people who take Bactrim, especially for people who are male, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Bactrim ds, and have Hiv infection.
We study 28,174 people who have side effects while taking Bactrim from FDA and social media. Among them, 507 have Pancreatitis. Find out below who they are, when they have Pancreatitis and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Bactrim and have Pancreatitis >>>
Bactrim has active ingredients of sulfamethoxazole; trimethoprim. It is often used in urinary tract infection. (latest outcomes from 29,505 Bactrim users)
Pancreatitis (inflammation of pancreas) has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, depression, diabetes, high blood pressure, bipolar disorder. (latest reports from 31,822 Pancreatitis patients)
On Apr, 28, 2015: 28,174 people reported to have side effects when taking Bactrim. Among them, 507 people (1.80%) have Pancreatitis.
Time on Bactrim when people have Pancreatitis * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Pancreatitis when taking Bactrim * :
Severity of Pancreatitis when taking Bactrim ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Pancreatitis ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hiv infection (127 people, 25.05%)
- Acute lymphocytic leukaemia (27 people, 5.33%)
- Prophylaxis (18 people, 3.55%)
- Multiple myeloma (18 people, 3.55%)
- Hypertension (16 people, 3.16%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Bactrim ds (140 people, 27.61%)
- Kaletra (71 people, 14.00%)
- Diflucan (65 people, 12.82%)
- Fluconazole (58 people, 11.44%)
- Videx (57 people, 11.24%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Bactrim and pancreatitis on
Do you have Pancreatitis while taking Bactrim?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Bactrim and have Pancreatitis
- support group for people who take Bactrim
- support group for people who have Pancreatitis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Bactrim Ds for a 18-year old girl with Abscess. The patient has Vomiting, Fever, Throat - Sore
- A study of drug interactions between Bactrim Ds, Doxycycline Hyclate, Tylenol W/ Codeine No. 3, Tri-sprintec, Adderall 10, Adderall 20 for a 24-year old woman with Infection, Pain, Birth Control, Adhd. The patient has Lightheadedness - Dizzy, Abdominal Cramps, Nausea, Hot Flush
- A study of side effects of Bactrim for a 18-year old girl with Urinary Tract Infection. The patient has Abdominal Pain Lower
- A study of side effects of Aripiprazole for a 39-year old man with Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Pancreatitis Aggravated
- A study of side effects of Bactrim Ds for a 31-year old woman with Infection. The patient has Incontinence - Urinary
Recent Bactrim related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.