Review: could Bactrim cause Prostate infection?
Summary: Prostate infection is reported only by a few people who take Bactrim.
We study 28,174 people who have side effects while taking Bactrim from FDA and social media. Among them, 3 have Prostate infection. Find out below who they are, when they have Prostate infection and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Bactrim and have Prostate infection >>>
Bactrim has active ingredients of sulfamethoxazole; trimethoprim. It is often used in urinary tract infection. (latest outcomes from 29,501 Bactrim users)
Prostate infection has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, multiple myeloma, diabetes. (latest reports from 710 Prostate infection patients)
On Apr, 6, 2015: 28,174 people reported to have side effects when taking Bactrim. Among them, 3 people (0.01%) have Prostate Infection.
Time on Bactrim when people have Prostate infection * :
Age of people who have Prostate infection when taking Bactrim * :
Severity of Prostate infection when taking Bactrim ** :
How people recovered from Prostate infection ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Dizziness (1 people, 33.33%)
- Cardiac disorder (1 people, 33.33%)
- Urinary tract infection (1 people, 33.33%)
- Bronchitis (1 people, 33.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lisinopril (2 people, 66.67%)
- Doxycycline (2 people, 66.67%)
- Hytrin (2 people, 66.67%)
- Digoxin (2 people, 66.67%)
- Flomax (2 people, 66.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Prostate Infection while taking Bactrim?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Bactrim and have Prostate Infection
- support group for people who take Bactrim
- support group for people who have Prostate Infection
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Bactrim Ds for a 18-year old girl with Abscess. The patient has Vomiting, Fever, Throat - Sore
- A study of side effects of Carbidopa And Levodopa for a 71-year old man with Parkinson's Disease. The patient has Prostate Infection
- A study of drug interactions between Bactrim Ds, Doxycycline Hyclate, Tylenol W/ Codeine No. 3, Tri-sprintec, Adderall 10, Adderall 20 for a 24-year old woman with Infection, Pain, Birth Control, Adhd. The patient has Lightheadedness - Dizzy, Abdominal Cramps, Nausea, Hot Flush
- A study of side effects of Bactrim for a 18-year old girl with Urinary Tract Infection. The patient has Abdominal Pain Lower
- A study of side effects of Bactrim Ds for a 31-year old woman with Infection. The patient has Incontinence - Urinary
Recent Bactrim related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.