Home > Bactrim > Rigors > Bactrim and Rigors
Review: could Bactrim cause Rigors (Chills)?
We study 28,141 people who have side effects while taking Bactrim from FDA and social media. Among them, 631 have Rigors. Find out below who they are, when they have Rigors and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Bactrim and have Rigors >>>
Bactrim (latest outcomes from 29,466 users) has active ingredients of sulfamethoxazole; trimethoprim. It is often used in urinary tract infection.
Rigors (an episode of shaking or exaggerated shivering) (latest reports from 252,005 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, pain.
On Oct, 25, 2014: 28,123 people reported to have side effects when taking Bactrim. Among them, 631 people (2.24%) have Rigors.
Time on Bactrim when people have Rigors * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Rigors when taking Bactrim * :
Severity of Rigors when taking Bactrim ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Rigors ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hiv infection (78 people, 12.36%)
- Chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (24 people, 3.80%)
- Prophylaxis (24 people, 3.80%)
- Pain (21 people, 3.33%)
- Infection (15 people, 2.38%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Bactrim ds (188 people, 29.79%)
- Prednisone (77 people, 12.20%)
- Acyclovir (72 people, 11.41%)
- Lasix (51 people, 8.08%)
- Aspirin (51 people, 8.08%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Rigors while taking Bactrim?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Bactrim and have Rigors
- support group for people who take Bactrim
- support group for people who have Rigors
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 months ago):
Fever over 102, chills, horrible pain began on day 5 taking medication. Red blotchy rash began appearing late following day on chest and back and gradually spread. Blood blister-type rash on legs. Went to ER after 4 days. Told I have sulfa allergy. Given iV fluid and meds. Need follow up blood tests to recheck my low WBC, platelets and Neu. Counts. Prescribed Benadryl.
From this study (5 years ago):
I'm not sure if it's the interaction between the advil or just the bactrim, but the fever and sun sensitivity, along with muscle weakness, chills, and loss of appetite seemed to get much worse when I started taking advil about a week into the 10 day cycle of bacrim ds.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Can sulfamethoxazole-tmp ds, raise or lower blood sugar.
Symptoms the last 10 days are chills, sweating, light fever (98.9 to 100) sometimes. General malaise, tired, poor sleep. Just depressed, because of the recurrent Infection that no antibiotics (supposedly the bacteria Klesiella-pneumoniae is Sensitive to all the antibiotics I have taken so far)has cl ...
- How long did the hives/itching eyes last?
had back to back allergic reactions to iv abx - after clinda (april 2014) developed sjs - still having hives around my eyes, watering, and severe itching. have been on 4x dose zyrtec, prn benadryl. when will this go away?
- What can i do about nausea from generic bactrim
I want to know what I can do to combat nausea from this drug
More questions for: Bactrim, Rigors
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Bactrim causes severe side effects
I get bladder infections on a regular basis. I do not have a doctor so I end up in the ER every time. I normally go to the same ER but not all the time. I have been prescribed medications like Cipro and Bactrim. Cipro usually knocks out the infection but I always get another one.
For the last thre ...
- Something should be done....
Medicine had my kness aching badly. Cause my legs to lock up where I couldn't bend then. Had to elevate for 2weeks. Feeling better but they still hurt and knees keep popping. Had to take fluid pills cause they were so swollen.
- Seizure disorder med problems
Velafaxine 150 mg. 1 per day.
In process of switching from Topiramate 50 mg. 1 pill in morning & one at night (going off of this because of kidney stones) Was on this medication approximately 10 years.
Lamotrigine 2 25mg pills in morning and 2 - 25 mg. pills at night.
On the 3rd day of ...
More reviews for: Bactrim, Rigors
On eHealthMe, Bactrim (sulfamethoxazole; trimethoprim) is often used for urinary tract infection. Find out below the conditions Bactrim is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Bactrim used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Phenylalanine, Adderall Xr 30 for a 34-year old woman who has Depression, Disturbance In Attention (6 minutes ago)
- Creon for a 59-year old man who has Pancreatic Insufficiency (8 minutes ago)
- Ibuprofen, Vitamin B12, Atorvastatin Calcium, Vitamin D, Levothyroxine Sodium, Fioricet, Dexilant, Prozac for a 68-year old woman who has Bone And Joint Pain, Fatigue, High Blood Cholesterol, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Thyroid Disorder, Migraine, GERD, Depression (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Disturbance In Attention and Weight Gain
- Weight Gain and Depression
- Adderall Xr 30
Recent user comments
- "She has never had any behavior problems until 2 month ... " (4 hours ago)
- "I've taken oxybutynin for 20+ years. Some 10 years ag ... " (4 hours ago)
im not sure if l-lycine or l-arginine are re ... " (4 hours ago)
- Swelling In The Abdomen
- Stools Watery
- Rabbiteye Blueberry
- Gallbladder Non Functioning