Home > Bactrim > Tendonitis > Bactrim and Tendonitis
Review: could Bactrim cause Tendonitis?
We study 28,141 people who have side effects while taking Bactrim from FDA and social media. Among them, 68 have Tendonitis. Find out below who they are, when they have Tendonitis and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Bactrim and have Tendonitis >>>
Bactrim (latest outcomes from 29,466 users) has active ingredients of sulfamethoxazole; trimethoprim. It is often used in urinary tract infection.
Tendonitis (a condition that causes pain and swelling of tendons) (latest reports from 64,266 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, sinusitis, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, osteopenia.
On Oct, 28, 2014: 28,123 people reported to have side effects when taking Bactrim. Among them, 68 people (0.24%) have Tendonitis.
Time on Bactrim when people have Tendonitis * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Tendonitis when taking Bactrim * :
Severity of Tendonitis when taking Bactrim ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Tendonitis ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Metastases to bone (11 people, 16.18%)
- Breast cancer (11 people, 16.18%)
- Infection (8 people, 11.76%)
- Osteoporosis (7 people, 10.29%)
- Acne (7 people, 10.29%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lasix (28 people, 41.18%)
- Neurontin (28 people, 41.18%)
- Bactrim ds (25 people, 36.76%)
- Levaquin (24 people, 35.29%)
- Aredia (23 people, 33.82%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Tendonitis while taking Bactrim?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Bactrim and have Tendonitis
- support group for people who take Bactrim
- support group for people who have Tendonitis
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Can sulfamethoxazole-tmp ds, raise or lower blood sugar.
Symptoms the last 10 days are chills, sweating, light fever (98.9 to 100) sometimes. General malaise, tired, poor sleep. Just depressed, because of the recurrent Infection that no antibiotics (supposedly the bacteria Klesiella-pneumoniae is Sensitive to all the antibiotics I have taken so far)has cl ...
- How long did the hives/itching eyes last?
had back to back allergic reactions to iv abx - after clinda (april 2014) developed sjs - still having hives around my eyes, watering, and severe itching. have been on 4x dose zyrtec, prn benadryl. when will this go away?
- What can i do about nausea from generic bactrim
I want to know what I can do to combat nausea from this drug
More questions for: Bactrim, Tendonitis
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Ceftriaxone reynolds syndrome & tenditis
Ceftriaxone intravenous, after a week hypokalemia hospital visit waited a week went back to the CDC physician he said that drug had nothing to do with it. I am allergic to 99% of antibiotics I can only take a z-pack for two weeks and then run into allergic reactions. We started back on the Cefriaxon ...
- Bactrim causes severe side effects
I get bladder infections on a regular basis. I do not have a doctor so I end up in the ER every time. I normally go to the same ER but not all the time. I have been prescribed medications like Cipro and Bactrim. Cipro usually knocks out the infection but I always get another one.
For the last thre ...
- Something should be done....
Medicine had my kness aching badly. Cause my legs to lock up where I couldn't bend then. Had to elevate for 2weeks. Feeling better but they still hurt and knees keep popping. Had to take fluid pills cause they were so swollen.
More reviews for: Bactrim, Tendonitis
On eHealthMe, Bactrim (sulfamethoxazole; trimethoprim) is often used for urinary tract infection. Find out below the conditions Bactrim is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Bactrim used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Pennsaid, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Butrans, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Hydroxyzine, Clindamycin Hydrochloride, Bactrim Ds for a patient with Inflammation, Muscle Tightness, Pain, Hypothyroidism, Allergic Reaction - Drug (medication), Infection. The patient has Pain - Joints, Tendonitis Exacerbated
- A study of drug interactions between Bactrim, Flagyl for a patient with Gastrointestinal Infection. The patient has Tendonitis, Elevated Liver Enzymes
More related studies for: Bactrim, Tendonitis
Recent Bactrim related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Bactrim, Tendonitis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- B Complex Vitamin, Vitamin C, Lansoprazole, Chlorpheniramine Maleate, Ibuprofen, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 57-year old woman who has Vitamin B2 Deficiency, Vitamin C Deficiency, Reflux Oesophagitis, Chronic Rhinitis, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, IBS (1 hour ago)
- Compare Ambien Cr and Adderall Xr 20 and Effexor Xr for a 33-year old woman (1 hour ago)
- Doxycycline for a 25-year old man who has Acne-like Skin Bumps (2 hours ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Fluoxetine and Sildenafil Citrate
- Actemra and Depression
- Solu-medrol and Als
- Escitalopram and Burning Sensation
Recent user comments
- "I gave myself 2 injections of Humira one on each thig ... " (5 hours ago)
- "Increase blood glucose while taking herceptin treatme ... " (6 hours ago)
- "It has been almost two months that abovementoined sym ... " (9 hours ago)
- Wellbutrin Sr (glaxosmithkline) 200mg
- Mentha Lavanduliodora
- Abscess Intestinal
- White Dragon Flower