Review: could Bactrim cause Tendonitis?
Summary: Tendonitis is found among people who take Bactrim, especially for people who are male, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lasix, and have Metastases to bone.
We study 28,174 people who have side effects while taking Bactrim from FDA and social media. Among them, 68 have Tendonitis. Find out below who they are, when they have Tendonitis and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Bactrim and have Tendonitis >>>
Bactrim has active ingredients of sulfamethoxazole; trimethoprim. It is often used in urinary tract infection. (latest outcomes from 29,501 Bactrim users)
Tendonitis (a condition that causes pain and swelling of tendons) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, sinusitis, high blood cholesterol, osteopenia, urinary tract infection. (latest reports from 9,551 Tendonitis patients)
On Mar, 31, 2015: 28,170 people reported to have side effects when taking Bactrim. Among them, 68 people (0.24%) have Tendonitis.
Time on Bactrim when people have Tendonitis * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Tendonitis when taking Bactrim * :
Severity of Tendonitis when taking Bactrim ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Tendonitis ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Metastases to bone (11 people, 16.18%)
- Breast cancer (11 people, 16.18%)
- Infection (8 people, 11.76%)
- Osteoporosis (7 people, 10.29%)
- Acne (7 people, 10.29%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lasix (28 people, 41.18%)
- Neurontin (28 people, 41.18%)
- Bactrim ds (25 people, 36.76%)
- Levaquin (24 people, 35.29%)
- Aredia (23 people, 33.82%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of bactrim and tendonitis on
Do you have Tendonitis while taking Bactrim?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Bactrim and have Tendonitis
- support group for people who take Bactrim
- support group for people who have Tendonitis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Sulfamethoxazole And Trimethoprim for a 21-year old woman with UTI. The patient has Appetite Decreased, Confusion, Weakness, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Depression
- A study of side effects of Bactrim Ds for a 18-year old girl with Abscess. The patient has Vomiting, Fever, Throat - Sore
- A study of drug interactions between Bactrim Ds, Doxycycline Hyclate, Tylenol W/ Codeine No. 3, Tri-sprintec, Adderall 10, Adderall 20 for a 24-year old woman with Infection, Pain, Birth Control, Adhd. The patient has Lightheadedness - Dizzy, Abdominal Cramps, Nausea, Hot Flush
- A study of side effects of Letrozole for a 68-year old woman with Cancer - Breast. The patient has Bloating, Weight Gain, Tendonitis Exacerbated
- A study of side effects of Bactrim for a 18-year old girl with Urinary Tract Infection. The patient has Abdominal Pain Lower
Recent Bactrim related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.