Review: could Bactrim cause Tingling in hands or feet (Numbness in hands or feet)?
Summary: Tingling in hands or feet is reported only by a few people who take Bactrim.
We study 28,170 people who have side effects while taking Bactrim from FDA and social media. Among them, 2 have Tingling in hands or feet. Find out below who they are, when they have Tingling in hands or feet and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Bactrim and have Tingling in hands or feet >>>
Bactrim has active ingredients of sulfamethoxazole; trimethoprim. It is often used in urinary tract infection. (latest outcomes from 29,499 Bactrim users)
Tingling in hands or feet
On Mar, 27, 2015: 28,170 people reported to have side effects when taking Bactrim. Among them, 2 people (0.01%) have Tingling In Hands Or Feet.
Time on Bactrim when people have Tingling in hands or feet * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Tingling in hands or feet||50.00%||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Tingling in hands or feet when taking Bactrim * :
|Tingling in hands or feet||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Tingling in hands or feet when taking Bactrim ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Tingling in hands or feet||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||50.00% |
How people recovered from Tingling in hands or feet ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Staph skin infection (1 people, 50.00%)
- Uti (1 people, 50.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :n/a
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
Comments for this study:
Colette (2 years ago):
Hi there, I was also prescribed Bactrim in December 2012 for a MRSA staph skin infection on my shin from a pedicure, and IMMEDIATELY after starting the antibiotic I started to feel partial tingling and numbness in left arm and left leg. Well, it's been 6 weeks since I took antibiotic and the numbness comes and goes but is still there most of the time, in parts of my leg and arm. I don't know how to get rid of it, the Dr. is running other tests to rule out vitamin deficiencies and high cholesterol and such, but now the tingling has gone to some toes and fingers/hands at times. What should we do? How do you prove it? I have never, ever had any of these problems and I am 44 years old and in great health other than the infection I got. Help!
Reply the comment
jacki (2 years ago):
i am 60, female and in general good health. i am also a smoker. i started taking Bactrim about 2 months ago for a VERY bad infection in my ankle. The Bactrim did little to take care of the infection but gave me a "one two punch" as far as side effects! i suffered EVERYTHING and currently i'm dealing with loss of taste-TOTAL, and tingling/numbness in my left hand-severe in 2 fingers. i was proscribed a penicillin based med after my "reation" to Bactrim and it seems to have done some good, HOWEVER i feel that Bactrim should be pulled from use! Too many people have been hurt by this med-it's just not worth it!
Reply the comment
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Tingling In Hands Or Feet while taking Bactrim?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Bactrim and have Tingling In Hands Or Feet
- support group for people who take Bactrim
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Bactrim Ds for a 31-year old woman with Infection. The patient has Incontinence - Urinary (involuntary leakage of urine)
- A study of side effects of Zofran for a 36-year old woman with Morning Sickness. The patient has Numbness In Hands Or Feet, Movements - Inability To Perform Certain Tasks (disorder that affects a person's ability to organize the movements of the muscles used in speech), Movement - Unpredictable Or Jerky, Movement - Uncontrolled Or Slow, Gait Abnormalities
- A study of side effects of Bactrim Ds for a 17-year old boy with Acne And Teenagers. The patient has Persistent Cloaca (complex anorectal and genitourinary malformation)
- A study of drug interactions between Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Aleve, Lipitor, Terbinafine Hydrochloride, Bactrim DS, Tamsulosin for a 68-year old man with Insomnia, Prostate Seed Implant, High Blood Cholesterol, Toe Fungus, Post Prostate Surgery Syndrome, Urinary Tract Disorder. The patient has Weight Increased
- A study of drug interactions between Levaquin, Levaquin, Floxin for a 58-year old man with Pneumonia. The patient has Fatigue, Burning Eyes, Bedridden, Numbness In Hands Or Feet, Cidp, Biopsy - Carpal Tunnel, Not Breathing, Back Pain - Low, Peripheral Neuropathy
Recent Bactrim related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.