Home > Benadryl > Atrial fibrillation > Benadryl and Atrial fibrillation
Review: could Benadryl cause Atrial fibrillation (Atrial fibrillation/flutter)?
We study 26,394 people who have side effects while taking Benadryl from FDA and social media. Among them, 404 have Atrial fibrillation. Find out below who they are, when they have Atrial fibrillation and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Benadryl and have Atrial fibrillation >>>
Benadryl (latest outcomes from 29,348 users) has active ingredients of diphenhydramine hydrochloride. It is often used in allergies.
Atrial Fibrillation (fibrillation of the muscles of the atria of the heart) (latest reports from 381,971 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, diabetes, multiple myeloma.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 26,394 people reported to have side effects when taking Benadryl. Among them, 404 people (1.53%) have Atrial Fibrillation.
Time on Benadryl when people have Atrial fibrillation * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Atrial fibrillation||74.29%||20.00%||2.86%||0.00%||0.00%||2.86%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Atrial fibrillation when taking Benadryl * :
|Atrial fibrillation||55.73%||44.27% |
Age of people who have Atrial fibrillation when taking Benadryl * :
|Atrial fibrillation||0.00%||0.00%||0.27%||5.32%||1.33%||8.78%||14.63%||69.68% |
Severity of Atrial fibrillation when taking Benadryl ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Atrial fibrillation||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||50.00% |
How people recovered from Atrial fibrillation ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Atrial fibrillation||50.00%||0.00%||50.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (36 people, 8.91%)
- Insomnia (33 people, 8.17%)
- Nausea (28 people, 6.93%)
- Constipation (21 people, 5.20%)
- Depression (21 people, 5.20%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (140 people, 34.65%)
- Lasix (126 people, 31.19%)
- Coumadin (97 people, 24.01%)
- Ativan (89 people, 22.03%)
- Digoxin (88 people, 21.78%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Atrial Fibrillation while taking Benadryl?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Benadryl and have Atrial Fibrillation
- support group for people who take Benadryl
- support group for people who have Atrial Fibrillation
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Benadryl, Atrial fibrillation
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Benadryl completed suicide 50 year old
My mother comitted suicide by taking a bottle of Benadryl. She also had been drinking, she had taken xanax and drank beer, she also took 300 Benadryl pills and started having seizures and went to the hospital was brain dead and her heart stopped the next morning.
- Had nms in 2005, will trileptal increase chance of recurrence?
In 2005 I had NMS, which was not detected by my drs for 4 months. I'd been on Lexapro & Seroquel for 2 yrs, but was weaned from Lexapro & placed on Lamictal 3/05. Began getting low-grade fevers, which I was told were not caused by the Lamictal. I quit taking it anyway, fevers (along with uncontrolla ...
- Atrial fib and ibs, is there a connection?
I felt wonderful, after a good night sleep and a nice breakfast. Took my heart medicine. Took off for an hour shopping and the A-Fib began with a vengeance and lasted five hours.
During the time, interestingly, I had continuous IBS. If I had not used butter (an IBS trigger) on my toast that morni ...
More reviews for: Benadryl, Atrial fibrillation
On eHealthMe, Benadryl (diphenhydramine hydrochloride) is often used for allergies. Find out below the conditions Benadryl is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Benadryl used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Recent related drug studies:
More related studies for: Benadryl, Atrial fibrillation
Recent Benadryl related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Benadryl, Atrial fibrillation
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Phenergan, Imitrex, Protonix, Xanax, Buspar for a 35-year old woman who has Nausea In The Morning - Females, Migraine, GERD, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Chronic Depression (5 minutes ago)
- Melatonin for a 58-year old man who has Insomnia (38 minutes ago)
- Abilify, Topiramate, Cymbalta, Adderall 30 for a 30-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder, Mood Disorder, Chronic Depression, Depression (42 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Inflammation and Wellbutrin
- Irbesartan and Platelet Count Decreased
- Pustular Psoriasis
- Pelvic Pain and Birth Control
- Vomiting and Blood Pressure
Recent user comments
- "Generally happens every couple of mnths has now moved ... " (57 minutes ago)
- "Edema of ankles and lower legs, blister-like or pimpl ... " (1 hour ago)
- "I gave myself 2 injections of Humira one on each thig ... " (8 hours ago)
- Carcinoma In Situ Of Penis
- Application Site Fissure
- Completed Suicide
- Weight Increased
- Vitamin C