Review: could Benadryl cause Death?
Summary: Death is found among people who take Benadryl, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lasix, and have Pain.
We study 26,437 people who have side effects while taking Benadryl from FDA and social media. Among them, 487 have Death. Find out below who they are, when they have Death and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Benadryl and have Death >>>
Benadryl has active ingredients of diphenhydramine hydrochloride. It is often used in allergies. (latest outcomes from 29,401 Benadryl users)
Death has been reported by people with primary pulmonary hypertension, multiple myeloma, dialysis, diabetes, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 183,874 Death patients)
On Apr, 2, 2015: 26,437 people reported to have side effects when taking Benadryl. Among them, 494 people (1.87%) have Death.
Time on Benadryl when people have Death * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Death when taking Benadryl * :
Age of people who have Death when taking Benadryl * :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (56 people, 11.34%)
- Breast cancer (39 people, 7.89%)
- Nausea (37 people, 7.49%)
- Depression (30 people, 6.07%)
- Anaemia (25 people, 5.06%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lasix (133 people, 26.92%)
- Aspirin (112 people, 22.67%)
- Decadron (102 people, 20.65%)
- Zometa (96 people, 19.43%)
- Zofran (79 people, 15.99%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of benadryl and death on
Do you have Death while taking Benadryl?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Benadryl and have Death
- support group for people who take Benadryl
- support group for people who have Death
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Benadryl for a 42-year old woman with Hydrocodone And Acetaminophen Overdose. The patient has Metallic Alkaline Taste In Mouth On The Tongue All Food And Water Taste Like A Battery
- A study of drug interactions between Allegra D 24 Hour, Claritin-d 24 Hour, Zyrtec Allergy, Vyvanse, Benadryl for a 25-year old woman with Hay Fever, Adhd, Insomnia. The patient has Photosensitive Rash
- A study of drug interactions between Tylenol, Augmentin, Sertraline, Gabapentin for a 30-year old man with Pharyngitis, Pharyngitis Bacterial, Depression, Anxiety. The patient has Sudden Death
- A study of side effects of Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride for a 68-year old woman with Sleepy. The patient has Edema Ankles, Legs
- A study of side effects of Benadryl for a 40-year old woman with Allergy To Chemicals. The patient has Yeast Infection - Vagina
Recent Benadryl related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.