Review: could Benadryl cause Decreased appetite (Appetite - decreased)?
Summary: Decreased appetite is found among people who take Benadryl, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have Breast cancer.
We study 26,437 people who have side effects while taking Benadryl from FDA and social media. Among them, 494 have Decreased appetite. Find out below who they are, when they have Decreased appetite and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Benadryl and have Decreased appetite >>>
Benadryl has active ingredients of diphenhydramine hydrochloride. It is often used in allergies. (latest outcomes from 29,397 Benadryl users)
Decreased appetite (decreased appetite occurs when you have a reduced desire to eat) has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, depression, pain, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 52,329 Decreased appetite patients)
On Mar, 16, 2015: 26,435 people reported to have side effects when taking Benadryl. Among them, 494 people (1.87%) have Decreased Appetite.
Time on Benadryl when people have Decreased appetite * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Decreased appetite||96.30%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||3.70% |
Gender of people who have Decreased appetite when taking Benadryl * :
|Decreased appetite||66.41%||33.59% |
Age of people who have Decreased appetite when taking Benadryl * :
|Decreased appetite||0.00%||3.90%||2.38%||3.90%||8.87%||16.45%||28.57%||35.93% |
Severity of Decreased appetite when taking Benadryl ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Decreased appetite||33.33%||33.33%||33.33%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Decreased appetite ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Decreased appetite||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Breast cancer (51 people, 10.32%)
- Pain (48 people, 9.72%)
- Anaemia (26 people, 5.26%)
- Hypertension (24 people, 4.86%)
- Breast cancer metastatic (23 people, 4.66%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (164 people, 33.20%)
- Decadron (144 people, 29.15%)
- Zofran (123 people, 24.90%)
- Aredia (117 people, 23.68%)
- Ambien (112 people, 22.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of benadryl and decreased appetite on
Do you have Decreased Appetite while taking Benadryl?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Benadryl and have Decreased Appetite
- support group for people who take Benadryl
- support group for people who have Decreased Appetite
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Lithium Carbonate for a 32-year old woman with Depression, Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Appetite Decreased, Weakness, Abdominal Pain Aggravated, Dizziness Aggravated, Nausea, Headache - Mixed Tension Migraine
- A study of drug interactions between Xanax, Clonazepam, Nuvaring, Zoloft for a 28-year old woman with Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood, Ptsd, Birth Control, Depression. The patient has Libido Decreased, Appetite - Decreased, Proteinuria, Micturition Frequency Decreased, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness
- A study of side effects of Benadryl for a 40-year old woman with Allergy To Chemicals. The patient has Yeast Infection - Vagina (fungal infection of vagina)
- A study of drug interactions between Tamiflu, Albuterol Sulfate And Ipratropium Bromide, Nitrostat, Ondansetron, Oxycodone, Actemra, Nasonex, Spiriva, Victoza, Arava, Diovan Hct, Lipitor, Ranexa, Lantus Solostar, Wellbutrin Xl, Tricor, Carvedilol, Plavix, Xarelto for a 71-year old woman with Influenza B, Copd, Angina, Nausea And Vomiting, Pain, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Rhinitis, Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control, Hypertension, Hyperlipidemia, Diabetes Mellitus, Stop Smoking, Blood Clots. The patient has Shortness Of Breath, Neuropathy, Tinnitus, Loss Of Coordination, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Weight Loss, Appetite - Decreased, Diarrhea, Nausea And Vomiting
- A study of drug interactions between Lipitor, Metformin Hydrochloride; Repaglinide for a 53-year old man with High Blood Cholesterol, Type 2 Diabetes. The patient has Muscular Weakness, Thoughts - Cloudy, Appetite - Decreased
Recent Benadryl related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.