Review: could Benadryl cause Dementia alzheimer's type?
Summary: Dementia alzheimer's type is found among people who take Benadryl, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, also take medication Multi-vitamin, and have Vitamin supplementation.
We study 26,437 people who have side effects while taking Benadryl from FDA and social media. Among them, 10 have Dementia alzheimer's type. Find out below who they are, when they have Dementia alzheimer's type and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Benadryl and have Dementia alzheimer's type >>>
Benadryl has active ingredients of diphenhydramine hydrochloride. It is often used in allergies. (latest outcomes from 29,397 Benadryl users)
Dementia alzheimer's type
Dementia alzheimer's type (loss of mental ability with alzheimer's symptom) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, depression, high blood cholesterol, diabetes. (latest reports from 13,063 Dementia alzheimer's type patients)
On Mar, 27, 2015: 26,435 people reported to have side effects when taking Benadryl. Among them, 10 people (0.04%) have Dementia Alzheimer's Type.
Time on Benadryl when people have Dementia alzheimer's type * :
Gender of people who have Dementia alzheimer's type when taking Benadryl * :
|Dementia alzheimer's type||10.00%||90.00% |
Age of people who have Dementia alzheimer's type when taking Benadryl * :
|Dementia alzheimer's type||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Severity of Dementia alzheimer's type when taking Benadryl ** :
How people recovered from Dementia alzheimer's type ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Vitamin supplementation (8 people, 80.00%)
- Sleep disorder (8 people, 80.00%)
- Blood cholesterol (5 people, 50.00%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (1 people, 10.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Multi-vitamin (8 people, 80.00%)
- Lipitor (8 people, 80.00%)
- Lisinopril (4 people, 40.00%)
- Xanax (2 people, 20.00%)
- Alprazolam (2 people, 20.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
Comments for this study:
Toots (2 months ago):
Started taking 3 or 4 Benadryl for allergies from construction fumes and dust, and noticed my
migraines which in my case are caused from preservatives, flavor enhancers, and chemicals
in foods. It can be hard to discover causes, as it's when they get to the lower intestines the
affects (migraines) happen. But the benefit of
taking 1 Benadryl at meal times and at bedtime
have all but eliminated migraines I've had since the age of eight and am now 72. Female in great health otherwise. This has been for the last two years, but if your interested Zomig taken for
migraines is great if is not over used one needs to find the cause and eliminate it as best you can.
Reply the comment
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of benadryl and dementia alzheimer's type on
Do you have Dementia Alzheimer's Type while taking Benadryl?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Benadryl and have Dementia Alzheimer's Type
- support group for people who take Benadryl
- support group for people who have Dementia Alzheimer's Type
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Benadryl for a 56-year old woman with Hives. The patient has Loss Of Taste
- A study of side effects of Benadryl for a 41-year old woman with Bee Sting. The patient has Vomiting
- A study of drug interactions between Carisoprodol, Clonazepam, Levothyroxine Sodium, Estradiol, Sulindac, Lactulose, Probiotics, Benadryl, Strattera, Glucosamine And Chondroitin Sulfate And MSM for a 75-year old woman with Arthritis, Sleep Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Low Thyroid, Hormone Level Abnormal, Reactive Arthritis, Dairy Product Intolerance, Acid Base Balance Abnormal, Sinusitis, Listless, Depression - Elderly. The patient has Increased Bloating And Indigestion, Digestive Tract Abnormality
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride for a 50-year old man with General Health, Sleepy. The patient has Hot Flashes
- A study of side effects of Benadryl for a 31-year old man with Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type. The patient has Burning Sensation
Recent Benadryl related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.