Home > Benadryl > Diarrhea > Benadryl and Diarrhea
Review: could Benadryl cause Diarrhea?
We study 26,370 people who have side effects while taking Benadryl from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,276 have Diarrhea. Find out below who they are, when they have Diarrhea and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Benadryl and have Diarrhea >>>
Benadryl (latest outcomes from 29,335 users) has active ingredients of diphenhydramine hydrochloride. It is often used in allergies.
Diarrhea (latest reports from 1,105,125 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, depression.
On Oct, 13, 2014: 26,370 people reported to have side effects when taking Benadryl. Among them, 1,276 people (4.84%) have Diarrhea.
Time on Benadryl when people have Diarrhea * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Diarrhea when taking Benadryl * :
Age of people who have Diarrhea when taking Benadryl * :
Severity of Diarrhea when taking Benadryl ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Diarrhea ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (159 people, 12.46%)
- Breast cancer (94 people, 7.37%)
- Hypertension (86 people, 6.74%)
- Multiple myeloma (78 people, 6.11%)
- Depression (66 people, 5.17%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (302 people, 23.67%)
- Decadron (251 people, 19.67%)
- Zofran (217 people, 17.01%)
- Aspirin (206 people, 16.14%)
- Protonix (202 people, 15.83%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Diarrhea while taking Benadryl?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Benadryl and have Diarrhea
- support group for people who take Benadryl
- support group for people who have Diarrhea
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 years ago):
Diabetic for 47 years / Celiac for 2 years / Sudden explosive watery diarrhea / I follow diet very strictly and have eliminated milk also.
From this study (4 years ago):
diagnoised 1996, surgery + carboplatin/taxol(12)
1997 - second look surgery, high dose chemo (cisplatin,cytoxin,thiotepa) -stemcell rescue,
recurrance 2001- taxol + stint in ureter
recurrance 2003 carboplatin(6) + telcyta(9) - clinical trial stable then tumor began growing
2005 stable as managed with Lupron, Femora
2008 tumor began growing - sugery + Doxil(24)
2010 Taxol/Carboplatin(4 to date with significant response)
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Benadryl, Diarrhea
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Leg pain and occasional arm and hand pain
I started having leg pains at night, lower leg felt like the muscle and bone were being pulled causing sharp pain. It was relieved by getting up and walking but would last most of the night.
I finally realized after suffering this over and over for months, that it only happened when I had taken be ...
- Isoniazid: the downside continued
I also have extreme fatigue. I can sleep 8 hours and then take a 4 hour nap. I have dizziness which seems to be increasing in the last few weeks. I have nausea on and off. I have diarrhea in the morning 45 minutes after taking it. Then I am mostly constipated for the rest of the day. It seems ...
- Gemfibrozil, depression and sleepiness
I would like to hear from anyone who has had these symptoms, and how they dealt with it, by either lowering dosage or quitting the med, or other. Also would like to hear from others who continued to drink moderately and if this drug lowered their triglycerides...or those who were no longer able to ...
More reviews for: Benadryl, Diarrhea
On eHealthMe, Benadryl (diphenhydramine hydrochloride) is often used for allergen. Find out below the conditions Benadryl is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Benadryl used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Aspirin And Dipyridamole, Aspirin, Alprazolam, Gabapentin, Guanfacine Hydrochloride, Simvastatin, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Abilify, Baclofen, Duloxetine Hydrochloride, Levothyroxine Thyroid for a 64-year old man who has Headache, Blood Thinner, Anxiety Disorder, Peripheral Neuropathy, Chloresterol, Depression, Thyroid Disorder (53 minutes ago)
- Benadryl for a 26-year old woman who has Allergies (1 hour ago)
- Curcumin, Borage Oil, Triamterene And Hydrochlorothiazide, Folic Acid, Amlodipine Besylate, Humira, Methotrexate, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate for a 60-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypertension (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Atrial Fibrillation and Thyroxine Increased
- Itching and Hypertension
- Xarelto and Constipation
- Phentermine and Overactive Thyroid
- Orencia and Stiff Neck
Recent user comments
- "Esophagitis gastritis for years, scope every five yea ... " (2 hours ago)
- "hypertension difficult to control; toprol augmented w ... " (3 hours ago)
- "i have night chest tightness,,, cough,, seeded medica ... " (4 hours ago)
- Semen Volume Increased
- Moxifloxacin Hydrochloride
- Baked Beans