Home > Benadryl > Diarrhea > Benadryl and Diarrhea
Review: could Benadryl cause Diarrhea?
We study 26,394 people who have side effects while taking Benadryl from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,491 have Diarrhea. Find out below who they are, when they have Diarrhea and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Benadryl and have Diarrhea >>>
Benadryl (latest outcomes from 29,348 users) has active ingredients of diphenhydramine hydrochloride. It is often used in allergies.
Diarrhea (latest reports from 1,102,104 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, depression, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis.
On Oct, 13, 2014: 26,370 people reported to have side effects when taking Benadryl. Among them, 1,276 people (4.84%) have Diarrhea.
Time on Benadryl when people have Diarrhea * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Diarrhea when taking Benadryl * :
Age of people who have Diarrhea when taking Benadryl * :
Severity of Diarrhea when taking Benadryl ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Diarrhea ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (159 people, 12.46%)
- Breast cancer (94 people, 7.37%)
- Hypertension (86 people, 6.74%)
- Multiple myeloma (78 people, 6.11%)
- Depression (66 people, 5.17%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (302 people, 23.67%)
- Decadron (251 people, 19.67%)
- Zofran (217 people, 17.01%)
- Aspirin (206 people, 16.14%)
- Protonix (202 people, 15.83%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Diarrhea while taking Benadryl?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Benadryl and have Diarrhea
- support group for people who take Benadryl
- support group for people who have Diarrhea
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Benadryl, Diarrhea
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Benadryl completed suicide 50 year old
My mother comitted suicide by taking a bottle of Benadryl. She also had been drinking, she had taken xanax and drank beer, she also took 300 Benadryl pills and started having seizures and went to the hospital was brain dead and her heart stopped the next morning.
- Had nms in 2005, will trileptal increase chance of recurrence?
In 2005 I had NMS, which was not detected by my drs for 4 months. I'd been on Lexapro & Seroquel for 2 yrs, but was weaned from Lexapro & placed on Lamictal 3/05. Began getting low-grade fevers, which I was told were not caused by the Lamictal. I quit taking it anyway, fevers (along with uncontrolla ...
- Leg pain and occasional arm and hand pain
I started having leg pains at night, lower leg felt like the muscle and bone were being pulled causing sharp pain. It was relieved by getting up and walking but would last most of the night.
I finally realized after suffering this over and over for months, that it only happened when I had taken be ...
More reviews for: Benadryl, Diarrhea
On eHealthMe, Benadryl (diphenhydramine hydrochloride) is often used for allergies. Find out below the conditions Benadryl is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Benadryl used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Symbicort, Fluconazole, Benadryl, Albuterol Sulfate And Ipratropium Bromide, Benzonatate, Prednisone, Levaquin for a patient with Asthma, Yeast Infection - Vagina, Allergies, Asthmatic Crisis, Cough, Acute Bronchitis. The patient has Fatigue, Weakness, Diarrhea, Vomiting
- A study of drug interactions between Atorvastatin Calcium, Clonazepam, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Levothyroxine Sodium, Dexilant, Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride, Loperamide Hydrochloride for a patient with Reduce Cholesterol, Sleep Aid, Nerve Pain, Low Thyroid, Acid Reflux, Allergies, Diarrhea. The patient has Diarrhoea
- A study of drug interactions between Taxol, Carboplatin, Benadryl, Neulasta, Dexamethasone, Benicar, Claritin, Motrin, Darvocet for a patient with Ovarian Epithelial Cancer Recurrent, Premedication, White Blood Cell Count Abnormal, High Blood Pressure, Allergy To Plants, Pain - Joints. The patient has Anaemia, Neuropathy Peripheral, Nausea, Nodule On Extremity, Constipation, Diarrhoea
More related studies for: Benadryl, Diarrhea
Recent Benadryl related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Benadryl, Diarrhea
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.