Review: could Benadryl cause Drug screen positive?
Summary: Drug screen positive is found among people who take Benadryl, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Neurontin, and have Depression.
We study 26,435 people who have side effects while taking Benadryl from FDA and social media. Among them, 57 have Drug screen positive. Find out below who they are, when they have Drug screen positive and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Benadryl and have Drug screen positive >>>
Benadryl has active ingredients of diphenhydramine hydrochloride. It is often used in allergies. (latest outcomes from 29,395 Benadryl users)
Drug screen positive
Drug screen positive has been reported by people with depression, pain, stress and anxiety, gastrooesophageal reflux disease, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. (latest reports from 4,208 Drug screen positive patients)
On Mar, 2, 2015: 26,435 people reported to have side effects when taking Benadryl. Among them, 57 people (0.22%) have Drug Screen Positive.
Time on Benadryl when people have Drug screen positive * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Drug screen positive||75.00%||12.50%||12.50%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Drug screen positive when taking Benadryl * :
|Drug screen positive||53.45%||46.55% |
Age of people who have Drug screen positive when taking Benadryl * :
|Drug screen positive||2.08%||2.08%||4.17%||10.42%||27.08%||41.67%||10.42%||2.08% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (23 people, 40.35%)
- Insomnia (11 people, 19.30%)
- Ill-defined disorder (8 people, 14.04%)
- Back pain (7 people, 12.28%)
- Hypertension (5 people, 8.77%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Neurontin (12 people, 21.05%)
- Zoloft (12 people, 21.05%)
- Zolpidem tartrate (8 people, 14.04%)
- Wellbutrin (7 people, 12.28%)
- Oxycodone hcl (7 people, 12.28%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Drug Screen Positive while taking Benadryl?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Benadryl and have Drug Screen Positive
- support group for people who take Benadryl
- support group for people who have Drug Screen Positive
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Benadryl for a 56-year old woman with Hives. The patient has Loss Of Taste
- A study of side effects of Benadryl for a 41-year old woman with Bee Sting. The patient has Vomiting
- A study of drug interactions between Carisoprodol, Clonazepam, Levothyroxine Sodium, Estradiol, Sulindac, Lactulose, Probiotics, Benadryl, Strattera, Glucosamine And Chondroitin Sulfate And MSM for a 75-year old woman with Arthritis, Sleep Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Low Thyroid, Hormone Level Abnormal, Reactive Arthritis, Dairy Product Intolerance, Acid Base Balance Abnormal, Sinusitis, Listless, Depression - Elderly. The patient has Increased Bloating And Indigestion, Digestive Tract Abnormality
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride for a 50-year old man with General Health, Sleepy. The patient has Hot Flashes
- A study of side effects of Benadryl for a 31-year old man with Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type. The patient has Burning Sensation
Recent Benadryl related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.