Home > Benadryl > Edema > Benadryl and Edema
Review: could Benadryl cause Edema (Swelling)?
We study 26,394 people who have side effects while taking Benadryl from FDA and social media. Among them, 422 have Edema. Find out below who they are, when they have Edema and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Benadryl and have Edema >>>
Benadryl (latest outcomes from 29,348 users) has active ingredients of diphenhydramine hydrochloride. It is often used in allergies.
Edema (excess of watery fluid collecting in the cavities or tissues of the body) (latest reports from 182,279 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, osteoporosis, metastases to bone.
On Oct, 25, 2014: 26,394 people reported to have side effects when taking Benadryl. Among them, 389 people (1.47%) have Edema.
Time on Benadryl when people have Edema * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Edema when taking Benadryl * :
Age of people who have Edema when taking Benadryl * :
Severity of Edema when taking Benadryl ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Edema ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Breast cancer (70 people, 17.99%)
- Metastases to bone (56 people, 14.40%)
- Depression (50 people, 12.85%)
- Pain (46 people, 11.83%)
- Breast cancer metastatic (38 people, 9.77%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (172 people, 44.22%)
- Aredia (138 people, 35.48%)
- Celebrex (94 people, 24.16%)
- Ambien (93 people, 23.91%)
- Decadron (93 people, 23.91%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Edema while taking Benadryl?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Benadryl and have Edema
- support group for people who take Benadryl
- support group for people who have Edema
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Benadryl, Edema
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Benadryl completed suicide 50 year old
My mother comitted suicide by taking a bottle of Benadryl. She also had been drinking, she had taken xanax and drank beer, she also took 300 Benadryl pills and started having seizures and went to the hospital was brain dead and her heart stopped the next morning.
- Had nms in 2005, will trileptal increase chance of recurrence?
In 2005 I had NMS, which was not detected by my drs for 4 months. I'd been on Lexapro & Seroquel for 2 yrs, but was weaned from Lexapro & placed on Lamictal 3/05. Began getting low-grade fevers, which I was told were not caused by the Lamictal. I quit taking it anyway, fevers (along with uncontrolla ...
- Bone pain localized to poison ivy rash
I am having a moderate to strong reaction to poison ivy exposure. I have a localized rash with blistering, swelling and inflammation similar to cellulitis. The rash has been progressing for about a week. The blisters are not weeping or oozing. The area is cleaned daily with neem oil soap. Coincid ...
More reviews for: Benadryl, Edema
On eHealthMe, Benadryl (diphenhydramine hydrochloride) is often used for allergies. Find out below the conditions Benadryl is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Benadryl used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Atenolol, Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride, Ibuprofen for a patient with Hypertension, Allergies, Shoulder Pain. The patient has Urinary Incontinence, Fatigue Aggravated
- A study of drug interactions between Urocit-k, Acetaminophen, Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride for a patient with Kidney Stones, Pain, Sleep. The patient has Swelling
- A study of drug interactions between Benadryl, Naproxen for a patient with Hives, Cramps - Leg. The patient has Hives, Swelling
More related studies for: Benadryl, Edema
Recent Benadryl related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Benadryl, Edema
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Phenylalanine, Adderall Xr 30 for a 34-year old woman who has Depression, Disturbance In Attention (54 minutes ago)
- Creon for a 59-year old man who has Pancreatic Insufficiency (56 minutes ago)
- Ibuprofen, Vitamin B12, Atorvastatin Calcium, Vitamin D, Levothyroxine Sodium, Fioricet, Dexilant, Prozac for a 68-year old woman who has Bone And Joint Pain, Fatigue, High Blood Cholesterol, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Thyroid Disorder, Migraine, GERD, Depression (2 hours ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Disturbance In Attention and Weight Gain
- Weight Gain and Depression
- Adderall Xr 30
Recent user comments
- "She has never had any behavior problems until 2 month ... " (5 hours ago)
- "I've taken oxybutynin for 20+ years. Some 10 years ag ... " (5 hours ago)
im not sure if l-lycine or l-arginine are re ... " (5 hours ago)
- Viola Odorata
- Feng Xian Hua
- Essential Tremor