Home > Benadryl > Fibromyalgia > Benadryl and Fibromyalgia
Review: could Benadryl cause Fibromyalgia?
We study 26,370 people who have side effects while taking Benadryl from FDA and social media. Among them, 106 have Fibromyalgia. Find out below who they are, when they have Fibromyalgia and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Benadryl and have Fibromyalgia >>>
Benadryl (latest outcomes from 29,335 users) has active ingredients of diphenhydramine hydrochloride. It is often used in allergies.
Fibromyalgia (a long-term condition which causes pain all over the body) (latest reports from 93,052 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, pain, depression, high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure.
On Sep, 16, 2014: 26,370 people reported to have side effects when taking Benadryl. Among them, 106 people (0.40%) have Fibromyalgia.
Time on Benadryl when people have Fibromyalgia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Fibromyalgia when taking Benadryl * :
Age of people who have Fibromyalgia when taking Benadryl * :
Severity of Fibromyalgia when taking Benadryl ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Fibromyalgia ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (14 people, 13.21%)
- Anaemia (14 people, 13.21%)
- Fibromyalgia (11 people, 10.38%)
- Breast cancer (10 people, 9.43%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (9 people, 8.49%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Neurontin (39 people, 36.79%)
- Zometa (37 people, 34.91%)
- Zofran (34 people, 32.08%)
- Prednisone (34 people, 32.08%)
- Lisinopril (32 people, 30.19%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Fibromyalgia while taking Benadryl?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who take Benadryl and have Fibromyalgia
- group for people who take Benadryl
- group for people who have Fibromyalgia
Comments from related studies:
From this study (3 months ago):
I stopped taking all of these 48 hours ago and think I am experiencing withdrawal
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Benadryl, Fibromyalgia
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- So sleepy with savella
I am just finishing the starter pack of Savella and I am so sleepy I can't hold my head up. My pain and other Fibromyalgia symptoms are tremendously better but I am sleeping like crazy. Hopefully I can have both doses at night and this will help. I am so glad to not be in pain but I need to be aw ...
- Lyrica photosensitivity
Spent several hours outside in partly sunny conditions on Sat. Swelling started a little on Sun. But by Monday my face was ver swollen and red with small bumps most noticeable across the cheeks, nose and area of the forehead where bangs did not cover.
I have only been using for (6) months.
- Wheezing stopped after topamax sessesion
Wheezing noted by primary physician in this non-smoker. Stopped Topamax per doctor's instruction. 48 hours later was examined by physician and noted that wheezing stopped.
More reviews for: Benadryl, Fibromyalgia
On eHealthMe, Benadryl (diphenhydramine hydrochloride) is often used for allergies. Find out below the conditions Benadryl is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Benadryl used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Fibromyalgia is also known as: Fibromyalgia syndrome, Fibromyositis, Fibrositis, Myofascial pain syndrome.
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Ubiquinol, Grapefruit Seed Extract, B-12, Synthroid, Celexa, Prednisone, Imuran for a 79-year old woman who has General Physical Health Deterioration, Lupus Vasculitis, Energy Increased, Thyroid Function Test Abnormal, Depression (6 minutes ago)
- Topamax, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Lamictal, Latuda for a 36-year old woman who has Migraine, Nerve Pain, Bipolar 2 (57 minutes ago)
- Micronor for a 38-year old woman who has Pain (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Grapefruit Seed Extract
Recent user comments
- "I have had 5 strokes 14 years ago-have osteroporosis, ... " (9 minutes ago)
- "Since starting Latuda I have noticed a sharp increase ... " (60 minutes ago)
- "Been on protonix for 3 weeks when the pain, swelling, ... " (1 hour ago)
- Hairy Cell Leukemia
- Norisodrine Aerotrol
- Acid Reflux
- Blood Growth Hormone Increased