Review: could Benadryl cause Headache?
Summary: Headache is found among people who take Benadryl, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Pain.
We study 26,437 people who have side effects while taking Benadryl from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,708 have Headache. Find out below who they are, when they have Headache and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Benadryl and have Headache >>>
Benadryl has active ingredients of diphenhydramine hydrochloride. It is often used in allergies. (latest outcomes from 29,397 Benadryl users)
Headache (pain in head) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, depression, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 202,409 Headache patients)
On Mar, 14, 2015: 26,435 people reported to have side effects when taking Benadryl. Among them, 1,708 people (6.46%) have Headache.
Time on Benadryl when people have Headache * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Headache when taking Benadryl * :
Age of people who have Headache when taking Benadryl * :
Severity of Headache when taking Benadryl ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Headache ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (166 people, 9.72%)
- Multiple sclerosis (124 people, 7.26%)
- Hypertension (104 people, 6.09%)
- Depression (100 people, 5.85%)
- Crohn's disease (77 people, 4.51%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (226 people, 13.23%)
- Zometa (216 people, 12.65%)
- Ambien (193 people, 11.30%)
- Decadron (191 people, 11.18%)
- Zofran (185 people, 10.83%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of benadryl and headache on
Do you have Headache while taking Benadryl?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Benadryl and have Headache
- support group for people who take Benadryl
- support group for people who have Headache
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Seroquel Xr for a 41-year old woman with Bipolar Ii Disorder. The patient has Sleepy, Abdominal Pain, Headache (pain in head)
- A study of side effects of Inderal for a 39-year old woman with Thyroid Disorder. The patient has Headache (pain in head)
- A study of side effects of Benadryl for a 56-year old woman with Hives. The patient has Loss Of Taste
- A study of side effects of Crestor for a 58-year old woman with High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Frequent Headaches (pain in head), Low Blood Pressure (abnormally low blood pressure)
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Nuvaring, Nortriptyline Hydrochloride, Lamictal for a 24-year old woman with Vitamin D, Birth Control, Functional Dyspepsia, Mood Disorder. The patient has Ear Pain, Pressure Sore, Early Morning Joint Stiffness, Muscle Pain, Headache, Lightheadedness, Fatigue, Pressure Sore, Spaced Out
Recent Benadryl related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.