Home > Benadryl > Heart racing > Benadryl and Heart racing
Review: could Benadryl cause Heart racing (Heart palpitations)?
We study 26,394 people who have side effects while taking Benadryl from FDA and social media. Among them, 465 have Heart racing. Find out below who they are, when they have Heart racing and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Benadryl and have Heart racing >>>
Benadryl (latest outcomes from 29,348 users) has active ingredients of diphenhydramine hydrochloride. It is often used in allergies.
Heart racing (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing) (latest reports from 315,938 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, pain.
On Oct, 13, 2014: 26,370 people reported to have side effects when taking Benadryl. Among them, 465 people (1.76%) have Heart Racing.
Time on Benadryl when people have Heart racing * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Heart racing||78.26%||4.35%||0.00%||8.70%||4.35%||0.00%||4.35% |
Gender of people who have Heart racing when taking Benadryl * :
|Heart racing||81.10%||18.90% |
Age of people who have Heart racing when taking Benadryl * :
|Heart racing||0.00%||0.49%||2.72%||11.11%||10.62%||23.46%||31.11%||20.49% |
Severity of Heart racing when taking Benadryl ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Heart racing||0.00%||71.43%||14.29%||14.29% |
How people recovered from Heart racing ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Heart racing||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Crohn's disease (36 people, 7.74%)
- Osteoporosis (24 people, 5.16%)
- Hypertension (23 people, 4.95%)
- Sleep disorder (23 people, 4.95%)
- Depression (22 people, 4.73%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Ativan (76 people, 16.34%)
- Dilaudid (72 people, 15.48%)
- Aspirin (70 people, 15.05%)
- Lasix (65 people, 13.98%)
- Protonix (64 people, 13.76%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Heart Racing while taking Benadryl?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Benadryl and have Heart Racing
- support group for people who take Benadryl
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Benadryl, Heart racing
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Benadryl completed suicide 50 year old
My mother comitted suicide by taking a bottle of Benadryl. She also had been drinking, she had taken xanax and drank beer, she also took 300 Benadryl pills and started having seizures and went to the hospital was brain dead and her heart stopped the next morning.
- Palpitations when eating raw garlic
After symptoms of a cold, I've been drinking the famous "garlic honey lemon" mixture to try to get rid of the cold and it actually worked pretty well.
The first morning it didn't feel very nice to drink but I was ok.
From day 2, I started to feel heartburn and heart palpitations, with a sort of he ...
- Had nms in 2005, will trileptal increase chance of recurrence?
In 2005 I had NMS, which was not detected by my drs for 4 months. I'd been on Lexapro & Seroquel for 2 yrs, but was weaned from Lexapro & placed on Lamictal 3/05. Began getting low-grade fevers, which I was told were not caused by the Lamictal. I quit taking it anyway, fevers (along with uncontrolla ...
More reviews for: Benadryl, Heart racing
On eHealthMe, Benadryl (diphenhydramine hydrochloride) is often used for allergies. Find out below the conditions Benadryl is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Benadryl used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Benadryl, Zantac 150, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Buspirone Hydrochloride, Paroex for a patient with Nasal Allergies, Ulcers, Low Back Pain, Depression, Panic Attacks. The patient has Heart Pounding Or Racing, Shortness Of Breath, Rapid Deep Breathing (hyperventilation)
- A study of drug interactions between Gabapentin, Tylenol, Benadryl, Progesterone, Natural Estrogenic Substance-estrone, Quinine Sulfate, Calcium Carbonate, Famotidine And Magnesium Hydroxide, Prilosec, Candesartan Cilexetil for a patient with Neuropathy Peripheral, Sleep - Natural Short Sleeper, Menopausal Symptoms Prophylaxis, Recurrent Leg Pain And Cramping, Gerd, Htn. The patient has Lightheadedness, Palpitations, Neck Tightness
More related studies for: Benadryl, Heart racing
Recent Benadryl related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Benadryl, Heart racing
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Zantac, Miralax for a 1-year old girl who has Reflux - Infants, Constipation (16 minutes ago)
- Myrbetriq, Estrace, Levothyroxine Sodium, Omeprazole for a 67-year old woman who has Oab, Thinning Vaginal Walls, Hypothroidism, Barrett's Esophagus (58 minutes ago)
- Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Prazosin Hydrochloride for a 46-year old woman who has Depression, PTSD (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Bell'S Palsy and Zoloft
- Multiple Sclerosis and Alopecia Universalis
- Mirena and Coagulopathy
- Slapped Cheek
- Abdominal Pain and Premarin
Recent user comments
- "It has been almost two months that abovementoined sym ... " (2 hours ago)
- "Wondering if possible i could have candida. i have ce ... " (3 hours ago)
- "Within a week after starting Meloxicam I developed a ... " (4 hours ago)
- Dreams Bad
- Chronic Mitral Valve Regurgitation
- Renal Failure
- Allegra Sanofi Aventis Us 60mg