Review: could Benadryl cause High blood pressure?
Summary: High blood pressure is found among people who take Benadryl, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 26,437 people who have side effects while taking Benadryl from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,258 have High blood pressure. Find out below who they are, when they have High blood pressure and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Benadryl and have High blood pressure >>>
Benadryl has active ingredients of diphenhydramine hydrochloride. It is often used in allergies. (latest outcomes from 29,401 Benadryl users)
High blood pressure
High blood pressure has been reported by people with osteoporosis, depression, multiple sclerosis, pain, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 330,147 High blood pressure patients)
On Apr, 26, 2015: 26,437 people reported to have side effects when taking Benadryl. Among them, 1,258 people (4.76%) have High Blood Pressure.
Time on Benadryl when people have High blood pressure * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|High blood pressure||90.36%||3.61%||2.41%||1.20%||1.20%||0.00%||1.20% |
Gender of people who have High blood pressure when taking Benadryl * :
|High blood pressure||68.97%||31.03% |
Age of people who have High blood pressure when taking Benadryl * :
|High blood pressure||0.62%||2.22%||3.74%||4.89%||11.30%||19.22%||23.13%||34.88% |
Severity of High blood pressure when taking Benadryl ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|High blood pressure||0.00%||66.67%||33.33%||0.00% |
How people recovered from High blood pressure ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|High blood pressure||25.00%||0.00%||75.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (109 people, 8.66%)
- Pain (86 people, 6.84%)
- Breast cancer (56 people, 4.45%)
- Depression (55 people, 4.37%)
- Multiple sclerosis (53 people, 4.21%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (195 people, 15.50%)
- Zofran (189 people, 15.02%)
- Zometa (189 people, 15.02%)
- Protonix (186 people, 14.79%)
- Lasix (162 people, 12.88%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of benadryl and high blood pressure on
Do you have High Blood Pressure while taking Benadryl?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Benadryl and have High Blood Pressure
- support group for people who take Benadryl
- support group for people who have High Blood Pressure
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Norvasc, Multivitamin, Horse Chestnut, Omega 3, Saw Palmetto, Metformin, Aspirin, Atenolol, Glimepiride, Hydrochlorothiazide, Fosinopril Sodium for a 71-year old man with High Blood Pressure, Deficiency, Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Ischaemic Heart Disease. The patient has Peripheral Artery Disease, Coronary Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, High Blood Sugar
- A study of drug interactions between Turmeric, Magnesium, Losartan, Klor-con M20, Furosemide, Metoprolol Tartrate for a 49-year old man with Chf, High Blood Pressure, Hbp. The patient has High Blood Pressure, Weight Fluctuation
- A study of side effects of Losartan Potassium for a 36-year old woman with Postpartum State. The patient has High Blood Pressure
- A study of drug interactions between Allegra D 24 Hour, Claritin-d 24 Hour, Zyrtec Allergy, Vyvanse, Benadryl for a 25-year old woman with Hay Fever, Adhd, Insomnia. The patient has Photosensitive Rash
- A study of drug interactions between Felodipine, Atenolol, Ramipril, Tylenol W/ Codeine No. 3 for a 43-year old woman with High Blood Pressure, Pain - Back. The patient has Adrenal Mass, High Blood Pressure, Herniated Intervertebral Disk
Recent Benadryl related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.