Home > Benadryl > Low blood pressure > Benadryl and Low blood pressure
Review: could Benadryl cause Low blood pressure (Hypotension)?
We study 26,394 people who have side effects while taking Benadryl from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,521 have Low blood pressure. Find out below who they are, when they have Low blood pressure and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Benadryl and have Low blood pressure >>>
Benadryl (latest outcomes from 29,348 users) has active ingredients of diphenhydramine hydrochloride. It is often used in allergies.
Low blood pressure
Low blood pressure (abnormally low blood pressure) (latest reports from 699,069 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, depression.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 26,394 people reported to have side effects when taking Benadryl. Among them, 1,458 people (5.52%) have Low Blood Pressure.
Time on Benadryl when people have Low blood pressure * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Low blood pressure||88.30%||11.11%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.58% |
Gender of people who have Low blood pressure when taking Benadryl * :
|Low blood pressure||56.17%||43.83% |
Age of people who have Low blood pressure when taking Benadryl * :
|Low blood pressure||0.57%||2.00%||4.86%||3.21%||6.00%||12.79%||20.71%||49.86% |
Severity of Low blood pressure when taking Benadryl ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Low blood pressure||28.57%||14.29%||42.86%||14.29% |
How people recovered from Low blood pressure ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Low blood pressure||33.33%||0.00%||66.67% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (76 people, 5.21%)
- Hypertension (72 people, 4.94%)
- Depression (57 people, 3.91%)
- Nausea (56 people, 3.84%)
- Non-small cell lung cancer (47 people, 3.22%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Decadron (340 people, 23.32%)
- Zofran (266 people, 18.24%)
- Tylenol (232 people, 15.91%)
- Ativan (225 people, 15.43%)
- Aspirin (212 people, 14.54%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Low Blood Pressure while taking Benadryl?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Benadryl and have Low Blood Pressure
- support group for people who take Benadryl
- support group for people who have Low Blood Pressure
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Benadryl, Low blood pressure
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Benadryl completed suicide 50 year old
My mother comitted suicide by taking a bottle of Benadryl. She also had been drinking, she had taken xanax and drank beer, she also took 300 Benadryl pills and started having seizures and went to the hospital was brain dead and her heart stopped the next morning.
- Had nms in 2005, will trileptal increase chance of recurrence?
In 2005 I had NMS, which was not detected by my drs for 4 months. I'd been on Lexapro & Seroquel for 2 yrs, but was weaned from Lexapro & placed on Lamictal 3/05. Began getting low-grade fevers, which I was told were not caused by the Lamictal. I quit taking it anyway, fevers (along with uncontrolla ...
- Heavy sweating during sleep
Pain killers like Tylenol 3, vicodin 20 years, Valium and Soma 12 years. Sweat heavy during sleep.
More reviews for: Benadryl, Low blood pressure
On eHealthMe, Benadryl (diphenhydramine hydrochloride) is often used for allergies. Find out below the conditions Benadryl is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Benadryl used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of side effects of Benadryl for a patient with Rash Generalised. The patient has Pulse, Low Blood Pressure (abnormally low blood pressure)
- A study of drug interactions between Magnesium Glycinate, Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride, Aspirin, Rosuvastatin Calcium, Metoprolol Succinate, Ramipril for a patient with Hypertension, Insomnia Concerns, Stroke Secondary To Atrial Fibrillation, Blood Cholesterol Decreased, Hypertensive Heart Disease. The patient has Low Blood Pressure
- A study of drug interactions between Benadryl Preservative Free, Lorazepam, Tizanidine Hydrochloride for a patient with Relapsing-remitting Multiple Sclerosis, Muscle Spasms. The patient has Low Blood Pressure, Dizzy And Falls
More related studies for: Benadryl, Low blood pressure
Recent Benadryl related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Benadryl, Low blood pressure
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.