Home > Benadryl > Open angle glaucoma > Benadryl and Open angle glaucoma
Review: could Benadryl cause Open angle glaucoma (Glaucoma)?
We study 26,370 people who have side effects while taking Benadryl from FDA and social media. Among them, 75 have Open angle glaucoma. Find out below who they are, when they have Open angle glaucoma and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Benadryl and have Open angle glaucoma >>>
Benadryl (latest outcomes from 29,335 users) has active ingredients of diphenhydramine hydrochloride. It is often used in allergies.
Open angle glaucoma
Open angle glaucoma (an eye disease that gradually steals vision) (latest reports from 63,875 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, glaucoma, diabetes, depression.
On Oct, 13, 2014: 26,370 people reported to have side effects when taking Benadryl. Among them, 75 people (0.28%) have Open Angle Glaucoma.
Time on Benadryl when people have Open angle glaucoma * :
Gender of people who have Open angle glaucoma when taking Benadryl * :
|Open angle glaucoma||54.67%||45.33% |
Age of people who have Open angle glaucoma when taking Benadryl * :
|Open angle glaucoma||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||1.72%||0.00%||24.14%||22.41%||51.72% |
Severity of Open angle glaucoma when taking Benadryl ** :
How people recovered from Open angle glaucoma ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple myeloma (14 people, 18.67%)
- Breast cancer metastatic (11 people, 14.67%)
- Pain (10 people, 13.33%)
- Prostate cancer (9 people, 12.00%)
- Hypersensitivity (6 people, 8.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (40 people, 53.33%)
- Protonix (23 people, 30.67%)
- Zofran (22 people, 29.33%)
- Taxotere (22 people, 29.33%)
- Peridex (22 people, 29.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Open Angle Glaucoma while taking Benadryl?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Benadryl and have Open Angle Glaucoma
- support group for people who take Benadryl
- support group for people who have Open Angle Glaucoma
Comments from related studies:
From this study (1 day ago):
I have an itchy rash of small bumps that have spread all over my body. Its terrible
Azy on Sep, 27, 2014:
I am now exactly dealing with the same symptoms, how long does it take for you to get rid of those red itchy bumps
From this study (1 week ago):
What do I do??? this has got to stop I will go crazy
From this study (2 weeks ago):
Episodes can last 36-48 hours with medications. Without the meds the episode must run its course which can be up the 30-45 days;
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Benadryl, Open angle glaucoma
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Cardiac stress test (thalamine ) and oxycodone
I am writing this for my sister-in-law, Maria, who is not able to do so and for whom my husband, her brother, and I are the POAs. In May of 2012, Maria had a recurring pain in her leg which took her to the hospital again. She was diagnosed for a second time as having a strained muscle. Then the hosp ...
- Leg pain and occasional arm and hand pain
I started having leg pains at night, lower leg felt like the muscle and bone were being pulled causing sharp pain. It was relieved by getting up and walking but would last most of the night.
I finally realized after suffering this over and over for months, that it only happened when I had taken be ...
More reviews for: Benadryl, Open angle glaucoma
On eHealthMe, Benadryl (diphenhydramine hydrochloride) is often used for allergies. Find out below the conditions Benadryl is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Benadryl used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Pravastatin Sodium for a 46-year old woman who has High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides (55 minutes ago)
- Cryselle, Sertraline for a 19-year old girl who has Birth Control, Panic Attacks (55 minutes ago)
- Probiotic, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Magnesium Sulfate, B-12, Potassium Gluconate, Calcium, Zinc Sulfate, Fish Oil, Singulair, Wellbutrin, Adderall, Biotin, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 67-year old woman who has Digestion, Sleep Aid, Energy, Osteoporosis, Hair Loss, Heart, Asthma, Depression, HDD , Artery Blockage (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Tikosyn side effects
- Tecfidera and Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs
- Aggression and Lithium Carbonate
- Cephalexin and Xarelto
- Tarceva and Blood Bilirubin Increased
Recent user comments
- "I just wanted to know if ABX therapy with these drugs ... " (1 hour ago)
- "I just started taking Atorvastatin 2 months ago and h ... " (1 hour ago)
- "Went for a blood test on Aug. 2013 and the platlet co ... " (3 hours ago)
- Intestinal Adenocarcinoma
- Anion Gap Decreased
- Chlamydial Infection Nos