Review: could Benadryl cause Psychiatric symptom?
Summary: Psychiatric symptom is found among people who take Benadryl, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Heparin, and have Major depression.
We study 26,437 people who have side effects while taking Benadryl from FDA and social media. Among them, 17 have Psychiatric symptom. Find out below who they are, when they have Psychiatric symptom and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Benadryl and have Psychiatric symptom >>>
Benadryl has active ingredients of diphenhydramine hydrochloride. It is often used in allergies. (latest outcomes from 29,398 Benadryl users)
Psychiatric symptom has been reported by people with depression, schizophrenia, quit smoking, herpes zoster, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 3,195 Psychiatric symptom patients)
On Apr, 18, 2015: 26,437 people reported to have side effects when taking Benadryl. Among them, 17 people (0.06%) have Psychiatric Symptom.
Time on Benadryl when people have Psychiatric symptom * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Psychiatric symptom||80.00%||0.00%||0.00%||20.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Psychiatric symptom when taking Benadryl * :
|Psychiatric symptom||70.59%||29.41% |
Age of people who have Psychiatric symptom when taking Benadryl * :
|Psychiatric symptom||5.88%||0.00%||0.00%||5.88%||5.88%||17.65%||52.94%||11.76% |
Severity of Psychiatric symptom when taking Benadryl ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Psychiatric symptom||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Psychiatric symptom ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Major depression (4 people, 23.53%)
- Urinary tract infection (3 people, 17.65%)
- Anxiety (3 people, 17.65%)
- Pruritus (2 people, 11.76%)
- Hysterectomy (2 people, 11.76%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Heparin (9 people, 52.94%)
- Trasylol (9 people, 52.94%)
- Protamine sulfate (7 people, 41.18%)
- Aspirin (7 people, 41.18%)
- Lisinopril (6 people, 35.29%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of benadryl and psychiatric symptom on
Do you have Psychiatric Symptom while taking Benadryl?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Benadryl and have Psychiatric Symptom
- support group for people who take Benadryl
- support group for people who have Psychiatric Symptom
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride for a 68-year old woman with Sleepy. The patient has Edema Ankles, Legs
- A study of side effects of Benadryl for a 40-year old woman with Allergy To Chemicals. The patient has Yeast Infection - Vagina
- A study of side effects of Benadryl for a 56-year old woman with Hives. The patient has Loss Of Taste
- A study of side effects of Benadryl for a 41-year old woman with Bee Sting. The patient has Vomiting
- A study of drug interactions between Carisoprodol, Clonazepam, Levothyroxine Sodium, Estradiol, Sulindac, Lactulose, Probiotics, Benadryl, Strattera, Glucosamine And Chondroitin Sulfate And MSM for a 75-year old woman with Arthritis, Sleep Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Low Thyroid, Hormone Level Abnormal, Reactive Arthritis, Dairy Product Intolerance, Acid Base Balance Abnormal, Sinusitis, Listless, Depression - Elderly. The patient has Increased Bloating And Indigestion, Digestive Tract Abnormality
Recent Benadryl related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.