Home > Benadryl > Restless legs > Benadryl and Restless legs
Review: could Benadryl cause Restless legs (Restless Leg Syndrome)?
We study 26,394 people who have side effects while taking Benadryl from FDA and social media. Among them, 80 have Restless legs. Find out below who they are, when they have Restless legs and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Benadryl and have Restless legs >>>
Benadryl (latest outcomes from 29,348 users) has active ingredients of diphenhydramine hydrochloride. It is often used in allergies.
Restless legs (a powerful urge to move your legs) (latest reports from 67,414 patients) has been reported by people with restless leg syndrome, osteoporosis, depression, high blood pressure, pain.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 26,394 people reported to have side effects when taking Benadryl. Among them, 80 people (0.30%) have Restless Legs.
Time on Benadryl when people have Restless legs * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Restless legs||70.00%||0.00%||0.00%||10.00%||10.00%||0.00%||10.00% |
Gender of people who have Restless legs when taking Benadryl * :
|Restless legs||70.13%||29.87% |
Age of people who have Restless legs when taking Benadryl * :
|Restless legs||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||4.62%||1.54%||23.08%||18.46%||52.31% |
Severity of Restless legs when taking Benadryl ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Restless legs||0.00%||0.00%||66.67%||33.33% |
How people recovered from Restless legs ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (11 people, 13.75%)
- Crohn's disease (8 people, 10.00%)
- Restless legs syndrome (5 people, 6.25%)
- Diabetes mellitus (5 people, 6.25%)
- Impaired gastric emptying (4 people, 5.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Coumadin (28 people, 35.00%)
- Pepcid (25 people, 31.25%)
- Prilosec (24 people, 30.00%)
- Zofran (24 people, 30.00%)
- Levaquin (22 people, 27.50%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Restless Legs while taking Benadryl?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Benadryl and have Restless Legs
- support group for people who take Benadryl
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 years ago):
I seem to have more RLS when combining promethazine, methocarbomal, and/or diphenhydramine. Is this a problem for blood clots? About to start Seasonale and all birth control pills are warning about blood clots.
deerfisherman on Dec, 23, 2012:
Benadryl is a trigger for Restless Leg s. do not take it or your legs will jump.
From this study (2 years ago):
Johanna on Dec, 18, 2012:
I am a59 year old woman and I used benylin to help me though my cold symptoms , but instead of getting a good night sleep I ended up with the most severe restless leg syndrom.Years ago when I experienced menopausal insomnia I tried sleep aid and the same thing happened . I figured out that it is the ingredient Diphenhydramine Hydrochlorine . there shoul be a warning on the label . Can someone use this information to help people that experience rest less les syndrom.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Benadryl, Restless legs
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Benadryl completed suicide 50 year old
My mother comitted suicide by taking a bottle of Benadryl. She also had been drinking, she had taken xanax and drank beer, she also took 300 Benadryl pills and started having seizures and went to the hospital was brain dead and her heart stopped the next morning.
- Had nms in 2005, will trileptal increase chance of recurrence?
In 2005 I had NMS, which was not detected by my drs for 4 months. I'd been on Lexapro & Seroquel for 2 yrs, but was weaned from Lexapro & placed on Lamictal 3/05. Began getting low-grade fevers, which I was told were not caused by the Lamictal. I quit taking it anyway, fevers (along with uncontrolla ...
- Pristiq, epilim, sifrol, immovane, valium, mobic
I started out with mild burnout depression in 2009 and was put on a low dose of Lexapro, which picked me up fantastically. I had been given low (2mg) Valium before for muscle relaxant purposes due to my scoliosis complications. Both these worked well. Then in 2010 I was drugged and raped and almo ...
More reviews for: Benadryl, Restless legs
On eHealthMe, Benadryl (diphenhydramine hydrochloride) is often used for allergies. Find out below the conditions Benadryl is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Benadryl used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Melatonin for a 58-year old man who has Insomnia (32 minutes ago)
- Abilify, Topiramate, Cymbalta, Adderall 30 for a 30-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder, Mood Disorder, Chronic Depression, Depression (36 minutes ago)
- Sprintec, Escitalopram, Vyvanse, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide for a 41-year old woman who has Birth Control, Sleeping Difficulty, ADD, Blood Pressure (48 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Inflammation and Wellbutrin
- Irbesartan and Platelet Count Decreased
- Pustular Psoriasis
- Pelvic Pain and Birth Control
- Vomiting and Blood Pressure
Recent user comments
- "Generally happens every couple of mnths has now moved ... " (51 minutes ago)
- "Edema of ankles and lower legs, blister-like or pimpl ... " (1 hour ago)
- "I gave myself 2 injections of Humira one on each thig ... " (8 hours ago)
- Cushing Syndrome Due To Adrenal Tumor
- Gan Jiang
- Trazodone Hydrochloride
- Antidiarrheal Agent Overdose