Home > Benadryl > Restless legs > Benadryl and Restless legs
Review: could Benadryl cause Restless legs (Restless Leg Syndrome)?
Summary: Restless legs is found among people who take Benadryl, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Coumadin, and have Gastrooesophageal reflux disease.
We study 26,402 people who have side effects while taking Benadryl from FDA and social media. Among them, 80 have Restless legs. Find out below who they are, when they have Restless legs and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Benadryl and have Restless legs >>>
Benadryl (latest outcomes from 29,359 users) has active ingredients of diphenhydramine hydrochloride. It is often used in allergies.
Restless legs (a powerful urge to move your legs) (latest reports from 17,396 patients) has been reported by people with restless leg syndrome, osteoporosis, depression, high blood pressure, pain.
On Nov, 26, 2014: 26,402 people reported to have side effects when taking Benadryl. Among them, 80 people (0.30%) have Restless Legs.
Time on Benadryl when people have Restless legs * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Restless legs||70.00%||0.00%||0.00%||10.00%||10.00%||0.00%||10.00% |
Gender of people who have Restless legs when taking Benadryl * :
|Restless legs||70.13%||29.87% |
Age of people who have Restless legs when taking Benadryl * :
|Restless legs||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||4.62%||1.54%||23.08%||18.46%||52.31% |
Severity of Restless legs when taking Benadryl ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Restless legs||0.00%||0.00%||66.67%||33.33% |
How people recovered from Restless legs ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (11 people, 13.75%)
- Crohn's disease (8 people, 10.00%)
- Restless legs syndrome (5 people, 6.25%)
- Diabetes mellitus (5 people, 6.25%)
- Impaired gastric emptying (4 people, 5.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Coumadin (28 people, 35.00%)
- Pepcid (25 people, 31.25%)
- Prilosec (24 people, 30.00%)
- Zofran (24 people, 30.00%)
- Levaquin (22 people, 27.50%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Restless Legs while taking Benadryl?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Benadryl and have Restless Legs
- support group for people who take Benadryl
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Does benadryl work for pet dander?
(Asked by a 61 year old man who has Benadryl For Pet Dander, and takes Benadryl)
hi I have been taking Benadryl or pet dander? It seemed to work well even if I only take one tablet. Does anyone also find that taking one tablet does not make you drowsy? How often should I take one tablet of Benadryl which is 25 mg? has anyone found any other allergy medication that work or pet da ...
- What can i do to help my wife who is on ambien and sometimes has horrible restless leg syndrome?
(Asked by a 25 year old woman who has ADD, Restless Leg Syndrome, Insomnia, and takes Adderall, Ambien)
She will take her meds like a hour and a half before actually going to sleep. The Zambian that is and sometimes she has uncontrolled restless leg syndrome. She has to move them a certain way and everything. This last time it lasted a hour and a half. I was just wondering if there is anything I could ...
- What causes a headache only when coughing or shaking the head?
(Asked by a 57 year old man who has Headache, and takes Benadryl)
Head hurts only when shaken or I cough. I suspect benadryl or amytriptaline
- Does zoloft cause ringing in the ears, like tinnitus? i've been on it for a month and noticed the ringing in the ears about a week ago, and it's just constant ringing and it's driving me insane.
(Asked by a 24 year old man who has Ringing In The Ears, and takes Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Benadryl, Tylenol, Lialda, Azathioprine, Prednisone, Ambien, Zoloft)
I've been on most of the medications for more than a year and it hasn't been that bad getting used to them. But I've been on Zoloft and ambien for about a month now, and I've been noticing a lot of side effects. The one I just recently noticed and that has been driving me completely insane, is the r ...
- Has abilify affected your ability to make good decisions?
(Asked by a 73 year old woman who has Tachycardia, Depression, Fibromyalgia, Anemia, Barrett's Esophagus, Temporal Arteritis, Restless Leg Syndrome, Disautonomia, Autoimmune Retinopathy, Polymyalgia Rheumatica, Myasthenia Gravis, Addison's Disease, and takes Abilify)
My husband and I are 73. We had a paid off home and money in the bank until the past 3 years. We have made some terrible decisions and now we are practically penniless. We couldn't understand why we had made such bad decisions and let someone talk us into losing our money. We have also been on A ...
More questions for: Benadryl, Restless legs
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Dyphenhydramine and headaches horrible going one almost 24 hours a day for 4 weeks and cant get them to stop, now looking for cause . think its the dyphenhydramine im taking to help me sleep .
(Posted by a 63 year old woman who has Headaches, and takes Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride)
have been taking 3 dyphenhydramine for some time to help me sleep , just in last few weeks began having severe headache almost all the time.. cant get it to go away. just found out it can cause headache and am going to lower my intake to one per night and see if my headaches get better. am taking mi ...
- Nightmare on benadryl
(Posted by a 54 year old man who has Nightmare, Hard Time Sleeping, and takes Benadryl)
After 5 nights without sleep and not having past bad dreams, the last 2 night's taking walfrin sub, for benadryl has terrified THE WORST OF WORST dream in my 55 years. Peaceful start of a dream then seeing myself or family,friends get slottard.crazy thing is I don't watch scary movies or the news. I ...
- Benadryl completed suicide 50 year old
(Posted by a 50 year old woman who has Completed Suicide, and takes Alcohol, Methenamine Hippurate, Xanax, Benadryl)
My mother comitted suicide by taking a bottle of Benadryl. She also had been drinking, she had taken xanax and drank beer, she also took 300 Benadryl pills and started having seizures and went to the hospital was brain dead and her heart stopped the next morning.
- Had nms in 2005, will trileptal increase chance of recurrence?
(Posted by a 62 year old woman who has Narcolepsy, Prinzmetal's Angina , Antiphospholipid Syndrome, High Blood Pressure, Obsessive-compulsive Personality Disorder, Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome, Migraine With Aura, Herniated Intervertebral Disk, Osteoarthritis, Fibromyalgia, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent, Bipolar I Disorder, and takes Benadryl, Baclofen, Plaquenil, Nitro-bid, Maxalt-mlt, Imitrex, Zofran Odt, Ms Contin, Clonidine, Amlodipine Besylate, Novolog Flexpen, Levemir Flexpen, Halcion, Valium, Primidone, Neurontin, Trileptal)
In 2005 I had NMS, which was not detected by my drs for 4 months. I'd been on Lexapro & Seroquel for 2 yrs, but was weaned from Lexapro & placed on Lamictal 3/05. Began getting low-grade fevers, which I was told were not caused by the Lamictal. I quit taking it anyway, fevers (along with uncontrolla ...
- Pristiq, epilim, sifrol, immovane, valium, mobic
(Posted by a 41 year old woman who has Congenital Scoliosis, Claustrophobia, Flashbacks And Nightmares, Anxiety Disorder, Restless Legs Syndrome, Depression, and takes Mobic, Pramipexole Dihydrochloride, Diazepam, Valproate Sodium, Pristiq )
I started out with mild burnout depression in 2009 and was put on a low dose of Lexapro, which picked me up fantastically. I had been given low (2mg) Valium before for muscle relaxant purposes due to my scoliosis complications. Both these worked well. Then in 2010 I was drugged and raped and almo ...
More reviews for: Benadryl, Restless legs
- A study of side effects of Ritalin for a patient with ADHD. The patient has Insomnia Related To Another Mental Condition (sleeplessness related to another mental condition), Chapped Hands (dry and cracker hands), Fear, Focus, Shivering (felling of cold), Numbness In Hands Or Feet, Cold Sweat, Compulsions (performing an act persistently and repetitively), Panic Attacks, Costochondritis (chest wall pain), Stubbornness (dark personality traits), Restless Legs Syndrome (a powerful urge to move your legs), Fear Of Crowded Places, Fear Of Public Speaking (fear to go in social), Shortness Of Breath, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension
Comments: Hands and feet always cold, even in hot weather. Smallest toe specifically gets numb. Feeling overwhelmed in large crowds or small spaces. Overthinking and anxiety all the time. Sweating even in cold weather. Panic attacks weekly. Get scared easily, jump when a loud sudden noise appears. Can't sleep ...
- A study of drug interactions between Albuterol, Ibuprofen, Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride for a patient with Asthma, Migraines And Joint And Muscle Pain, Allergies. The patient has Aphasia
Comments: periodic/intermittent episodes of nominal aphasia. inability to recall names and words often used. sense of knowing the words but unable to retrieve them. episodes occur at random and vary in severity. no immediately obvious reasons nor any recent head traumas. rarely occurring moments where words d ...
- A study of drug interactions between Benadryl, Naproxen Sodium for a patient with Nasal Allergies, Pain - Joints. The patient has Drug Screen False Positive
Comments: I have had Chikungunya for two months now, which leads me to use Naproxen Sodium on a daily basis (2 in the morning, 2 at night) for joint pain. I also had Benadryl a day ago for nasal allergies. Today I took a drug screening test and it was positive for THC. It made no sense to me so I looked onlin ...
- A study of drug interactions between Benadryl, Children's Motrin, Miralax for a patient with Upper Respiratory Tract Congestion, Pain - Joints, Constipation. The patient has Bleeding Time Abnormal, Rbc - Urine
Comments: Our daughter was 32 years old and was an angle, (CP, Quadriplegic......) a gift.
She passed away Sept 14, 2014.
Her symptoms prior to passing, lethargic, excess bleeding, reduced urine output.
Childern's Motrin 2x daily 12cc and Benadryl 12cc to reduce secretions.
Thanks for your websit ...
- A study of drug interactions between Ventolin, Advair Diskus 250/50 for a patient with Asthma. The patient has Thinking Slowed, Narcolepsy, Speech Disorders, Chronic Pain, Sexual Apathy, Chronic Depression, Addh, Shoulder Blade Pain, Arthritis, Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness, Eyes - Dry, Dry Mouth, Pain Threshold Decreased, Lumbar Spinal Stenosis, Cervical Spinal Stenosis, Umbilical Hernia, Sleep Disorder, Involuntary Body Movements, Restless Leg Syndrome, Dizziness, Nausea And Vomiting, Fatigue - Chronic, Essential Tremor, Heat Intolerance
Comments: Been incapacitated since xmas 2010, unable to work, life has been destroyed. Crawled away from abusive relationship, lost everything. Social Security is fighting me, it's disgusting. Doctors are wretched and worthless.
More related studies for: Benadryl, Restless legs
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.