Review: could Benadryl cause Upset stomach (Nausea and vomiting)?
Summary: Upset stomach is found among people who take Benadryl, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zofran, and have Pain.
We study 26,437 people who have side effects while taking Benadryl from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,707 have Upset stomach. Find out below who they are, when they have Upset stomach and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Benadryl and have Upset stomach >>>
Benadryl has active ingredients of diphenhydramine hydrochloride. It is often used in allergies. (latest outcomes from 29,401 Benadryl users)
Upset stomach has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, type 2 diabetes, depression, rheumatoid arthritis. (latest reports from 142,502 Upset stomach patients)
On Apr, 13, 2015: 26,437 people reported to have side effects when taking Benadryl. Among them, 1,707 people (6.46%) have Upset Stomach.
Time on Benadryl when people have Upset stomach * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Upset stomach||81.61%||5.75%||8.62%||1.72%||1.15%||0.57%||0.57% |
Gender of people who have Upset stomach when taking Benadryl * :
|Upset stomach||70.07%||29.93% |
Age of people who have Upset stomach when taking Benadryl * :
|Upset stomach||0.59%||5.56%||6.93%||8.10%||10.85%||16.67%||24.05%||27.25% |
Severity of Upset stomach when taking Benadryl ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Upset stomach||11.11%||55.56%||22.22%||11.11% |
How people recovered from Upset stomach ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Upset stomach||27.27%||45.45%||27.27% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (204 people, 11.95%)
- Breast cancer (120 people, 7.03%)
- Crohn's disease (101 people, 5.92%)
- Depression (91 people, 5.33%)
- Hypertension (80 people, 4.69%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zofran (319 people, 18.69%)
- Decadron (259 people, 15.17%)
- Ativan (240 people, 14.06%)
- Zometa (234 people, 13.71%)
- Aspirin (230 people, 13.47%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of benadryl and upset stomach on
Do you have Upset Stomach while taking Benadryl?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Benadryl and have Upset Stomach
- support group for people who take Benadryl
- support group for people who have Upset Stomach
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Humira, Folic Acid, Methotrexate for a 71-year old woman with Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Depression, Skin Graft, Eyes - Yellow, Fatigue, Nausea And Vomiting, Confusional State, Tremor
- A study of drug interactions between Allegra D 24 Hour, Claritin-d 24 Hour, Zyrtec Allergy, Vyvanse, Benadryl for a 25-year old woman with Hay Fever, Adhd, Insomnia. The patient has Photosensitive Rash
- A study of side effects of Bactrim Ds for a 18-year old girl with Abscess. The patient has Vomiting, Fever, Throat - Sore
- A study of drug interactions between Trazodone Hydrochloride, Atenolol, Mirtazapine, Phenytoin, Pantoprazole for a 37-year old man with Insomnia Related To Another Mental Condition, High Blood Pressure, Depression, Epilepsy, Vomiting Blood. The patient has Decreased Appetite, Vomiting, Seizures, Traumatic Brain Injury, Anxiety, Depression, Alcohol Abuse
- A study of drug interactions between Macrobid, Effexor Xr, Metformin for a 58-year old woman with Urinary Tract Infection, Depression, Diabetes. The patient has Vomiting, Night Sweats, Urge Incontinence, Ear Congestion, Cough, Chest Ct, Scan Lymph Nodes
Recent Benadryl related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.