Review: could Benicar cause Celiac disease - sprue?
Summary: Celiac disease - sprue is found among people who take Benicar, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Benicar hct, and have High blood pressure.
We study 12,907 people who have side effects while taking Benicar from FDA and social media. Among them, 70 have Celiac disease - sprue. Find out below who they are, when they have Celiac disease - sprue and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Benicar and have Celiac disease - sprue >>>
Benicar has active ingredients of olmesartan medoxomil. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 13,759 Benicar users)
Celiac disease - sprue
Celiac disease - sprue (a disease of the small intestine) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, hypothyroidism, multiple sclerosis, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 2,286 Celiac disease - sprue patients)
On Apr, 8, 2015: 12,907 people reported to have side effects when taking Benicar. Among them, 70 people (0.54%) have Celiac Disease - Sprue.
Time on Benicar when people have Celiac disease - sprue * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Celiac disease - sprue||57.14%||0.00%||0.00%||2.86%||37.14%||2.86%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Celiac disease - sprue when taking Benicar * :
|Celiac disease - sprue||62.34%||37.66% |
Age of people who have Celiac disease - sprue when taking Benicar * :
|Celiac disease - sprue||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||4.29%||11.43%||84.29% |
Severity of Celiac disease - sprue when taking Benicar ** :
How people recovered from Celiac disease - sprue ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (63 people, 90.00%)
- Depression (2 people, 2.86%)
- Diabetes mellitus (2 people, 2.86%)
- Macular degeneration (2 people, 2.86%)
- Arrhythmia (2 people, 2.86%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Benicar hct (31 people, 44.29%)
- Norvasc (10 people, 14.29%)
- Pravastatin (6 people, 8.57%)
- Aspirin (6 people, 8.57%)
- Lipitor (6 people, 8.57%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of benicar and celiac disease - sprue on
Do you have Celiac Disease - Sprue while taking Benicar?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Benicar and have Celiac Disease - Sprue
- support group for people who take Benicar
- support group for people who have Celiac Disease - Sprue
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Benicar for a 73-year old woman with High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Diarrhea
- A study of drug interactions between Ginkgo Biloba, Cetirizine Hydrochloride, Armour Thyroid, Plaquenil, Benicar for a 68-year old woman with Blood Thinner, Allergy, Hypothyroidism, Pml, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Itchy Rash On Arms And Chest
- A study of drug interactions between Lexapro, Wellbutrin, Vytorin, Benicar, Viagra for a 68-year old man with Depression, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Ed. The patient has Vitreous Detachment, Retinal Tear
- A study of side effects of Olmetec for a 42-year old woman with Hypertension. The patient has Estrogen Overdose
- A study of drug interactions between Benicar, Cymbalta, Wellbutrin for a 37-year old man with Blood Pressure, Depression. The patient has Ed
Recent Benicar related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Avapro, Olmetec for a 55-year old man who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Diovan, Cozaar, Benicar, Avapro for a 62-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Benicar, Losartan, Bisoprolol Fumarate, Bystolic for a 71-year old man who has Hypertension
- Comparions of Cozaar, Benicar for a 75-year old woman who has Hypertension - Essential
- Comparions of Olmesartan Medoxomil, Losartan Potassium, Valsartan for a 70-year old man who has Hypertension
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.