Review: could Benicar cause Coughing (Cough)?
Summary: Coughing is found among people who take Benicar, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 12,907 people who have side effects while taking Benicar from FDA and social media. Among them, 396 have Coughing. Find out below who they are, when they have Coughing and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Benicar and have Coughing >>>
Benicar has active ingredients of olmesartan medoxomil. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 13,757 Benicar users)
Coughing has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, asthma, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 75,486 Coughing patients)
On Mar, 20, 2015: 12,904 people reported to have side effects when taking Benicar. Among them, 396 people (3.07%) have Coughing.
Time on Benicar when people have Coughing * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Coughing when taking Benicar * :
Age of people who have Coughing when taking Benicar * :
Severity of Coughing when taking Benicar ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Coughing ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (158 people, 39.90%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (44 people, 11.11%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (43 people, 10.86%)
- Osteoporosis (40 people, 10.10%)
- Multiple myeloma (38 people, 9.60%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (96 people, 24.24%)
- Benicar hct (90 people, 22.73%)
- Lipitor (80 people, 20.20%)
- Coreg (68 people, 17.17%)
- Hydrochlorothiazide (65 people, 16.41%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Coughing while taking Benicar?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Benicar and have Coughing
- support group for people who take Benicar
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Ginkgo Biloba, Cetirizine Hydrochloride, Armour Thyroid, Plaquenil, Benicar for a 68-year old woman with Blood Thinner, Allergy, Hypothyroidism, Pml, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Itchy Rash On Arms And Chest
- A study of drug interactions between Lexapro, Wellbutrin, Vytorin, Benicar, Viagra for a 68-year old man with Depression, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Ed. The patient has Vitreous Detachment, Retinal Tear
- A study of side effects of Olmetec for a 42-year old woman with Hypertension. The patient has Estrogen Overdose
- A study of drug interactions between Piroxicam, Ciprofloxacin for a 27-year old woman with Flu, Urinary Tract Infection. The patient has Myalgia, Cough, Syncope Vasovagal
- A study of drug interactions between Tylenol W/ Codeine No. 3, Meloxicam, Tamoxifen Citrate for a 47-year old woman with Pain, Back Pain - Nonspecific, Cancer - Breast. The patient has Chest Pressure Sensation, Cough, Shortness Of Breath
Recent Benicar related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Losartan, Olmesartan Medoxomil for a 60-year old man who has Hypertension
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Amlodipine, Olmetec for a 72-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Lisinopril, Benicar for a 60-year old man who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Olmesartan Medoxomil, Telmisartan, Valsartan, Ramipril, Candesartan Cilexetil for a 55-year old man who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Cozaar, Hyzaar, Diovan, Teveten, Benicar for a 59-year old woman who has Blood Pressure
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.