Review: could Benicar cause Dry eye (Dry eyes)?
Summary: Dry eye is found among people who take Benicar, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have Osteoporosis.
We study 12,904 people who have side effects while taking Benicar from FDA and social media. Among them, 71 have Dry eye. Find out below who they are, when they have Dry eye and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Benicar and have Dry eye >>>
Benicar has active ingredients of olmesartan medoxomil. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 13,757 Benicar users)
Dry eye (lack of adequate tears) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, acne, depression. (latest reports from 12,466 Dry eye patients)
On Feb, 28, 2015: 12,904 people reported to have side effects when taking Benicar. Among them, 71 people (0.55%) have Dry Eye.
Time on Benicar when people have Dry eye * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Dry eye||66.67%||33.33%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Dry eye when taking Benicar * :
|Dry eye||68.57%||31.43% |
Age of people who have Dry eye when taking Benicar * :
|Dry eye||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||6.90%||12.07%||81.03% |
Severity of Dry eye when taking Benicar ** :
How people recovered from Dry eye ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Osteoporosis (18 people, 25.35%)
- Hypertension (12 people, 16.90%)
- Multiple myeloma (11 people, 15.49%)
- Glaucoma (5 people, 7.04%)
- Hypothyroidism (5 people, 7.04%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (28 people, 39.44%)
- Mirapex (27 people, 38.03%)
- Lisinopril (26 people, 36.62%)
- Spironolactone (22 people, 30.99%)
- Clindamycin (21 people, 29.58%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of benicar and dry eye on
Do you have Dry Eye while taking Benicar?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Benicar and have Dry Eye
- support group for people who take Benicar
- support group for people who have Dry Eye
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Ginkgo Biloba, Cetirizine Hydrochloride, Armour Thyroid, Plaquenil, Benicar for a 68-year old woman with Blood Thinner, Allergy, Hypothyroidism, Pml, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Itchy Rash On Arms And Chest
- A study of side effects of Celebrex for a 54-year old woman with Arthritis. The patient has Skin - Dry, Eyes - Dry (lack of adequate tears)
- A study of drug interactions between Lexapro, Wellbutrin, Vytorin, Benicar, Viagra for a 68-year old man with Depression, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Ed. The patient has Vitreous Detachment, Retinal Tear
- A study of side effects of Olmetec for a 42-year old woman with Hypertension. The patient has Estrogen Overdose
- A study of drug interactions between Benicar, Cymbalta, Wellbutrin for a 37-year old man with Blood Pressure, Depression. The patient has Ed
Recent Benicar related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.