Review: could Benicar cause Gout?
Summary: Gout is found among people who take Benicar, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, also take medication Allopurinol, and have Hypertension.
We study 12,894 people who have side effects while taking Benicar from FDA and social media. Among them, 66 have Gout. Find out below who they are, when they have Gout and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Benicar and have Gout >>>
Benicar has active ingredients of olmesartan medoxomil. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Benicar 13,745 users)
Gout (uric acid crystals building up in the body) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, pain, diabetes.(latest reports from Gout 12,602 patients)
On Nov, 29, 2014: 12,894 people reported to have side effects when taking Benicar. Among them, 66 people (0.51%) have Gout.
Time on Benicar when people have Gout * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Gout when taking Benicar * :
Age of people who have Gout when taking Benicar * :
Severity of Gout when taking Benicar ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Gout ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (26 people, 39.39%)
- Osteitis deformans (11 people, 16.67%)
- Diabetes mellitus (11 people, 16.67%)
- Osteoporosis (8 people, 12.12%)
- Multiple myeloma (7 people, 10.61%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Allopurinol (31 people, 46.97%)
- Lasix (27 people, 40.91%)
- Synthroid (26 people, 39.39%)
- Aredia (22 people, 33.33%)
- Glucophage (19 people, 28.79%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Gout while taking Benicar?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Benicar and have Gout
- support group for people who take Benicar
- support group for people who have Gout
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Benicar, Gout
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Lipitor caused gout attack.
My doctor gave me Lipitor to lower my Collestoral (240). Three days later I had lower stomach pains and the beginning of a Gout attack on my foot. I stopped taking the drug after 4 days when the full blown Gout attack came. I had been watching my diet and had not had a Gout attack for two years (my first one). Nothing changed except the Lipitor. I have no doubt the attack was brought on by the Lipitor. If you have Gout DO NOT TAKE LIPITOR (or its generic). Im now in my second week of pain and it's terrible.
- Ear pain from allopurinol 100mg (1 response)
I have just been prescribed 100mg Allopurinol.
1 a day.
I am in my second day of taking these tablets.
I have begun to get get a sudden pain in my ear.
I have never in all my years have ever had such a pain.
I know the only change that has happened around me is taking these tablets.
I have stopped taking these and am awaiting my next appt with my GP.
I do take Arcoxia with paracetemol for pain relief.
- Hypercalcemia during use of fluconizole over 6 months
Post diverticulitis surgery multiple my mother was on multiple antibiotics but the most consistent one was Fluconizole. After release, she was slowly taken off other antibiotics being left on Fluconizole for abscesses that would not go away and eventually needed to be surgically removed. After repeated setbacks of being re admitted to the hospital for hypercalcemia with symptoms of nausea, vomiting we sought out tests to determine cause. Multiple myeloma, parathyroid issues were ruled out. After almost six months my mother was taken off the anti fungal Fluconizole and I was expecting to have to return her to the hospital for another hypercalcemia event within 2 to 2.5 weeks of being discharged, but alas it has been a month to the day and her calcium levels are starting to stabilize. On another note, her white counts had been elevated beyond 11.5 and as high as 39 for 5 1/2 months and finally after getting off of Fluconizole her wBC's are sitting at 10.5, which is better than we have seen since June 2013. Just to mention, my mothers calcium levels when peaked to cause symptoms of nausea and vomiting would generally be at 13-17.
- Libido decreased with erectile dysfunction by using olmesartan 20 mg. daily
Libido decreased with erectile dysfunction by using Olmesartan 20 mg. daily.
Other related / associated conditions : anxiety and work stress
- Fibromyalgia & related health issues (3 responses)
Fibromyalgia dx after pregnancy of only child at 42/other dx followed and seem to be in conjunction. heart issues did not appear until after the use of fibro meds- cymbalta, lyrica, neurontin, and more. had 1 seizure believed to be related to seretonin syndrome/years and years of mistreatment by doctors. unable to recall how many docs and meds through the years. one other very significant issue- after tooth extraction had puncture to left maxillary sinus-after YEARS of neglect by docs, found max. & ethmoid sinus completely opaque on CAT scan. Had surgery. Now, years later, have mucous plug that sporadically comes out upon sneezing. Fairly recent CAT scan shows sinuses again completely opaque. Certain needs further attention, but basically afraid to go through surgery again. Also- may have had heart attack. ER visit said no, but shortly after, had abnormal ekg. Again, neglect from docs. Am now active advocate for fm/chronic pain patients. Disgusted by the whole lack of interest of medical community. Looking for answers through my own research to try to find a way to improve quality of life...
More reviews for: Benicar, Gout
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- I had been taking Vicodin for over a year. My dx is chronic thoracic back pain. Stenosis with foraminal encroachment. Built up resistance so they put me on Gabapentin. Bad choice, put severe lesions all over my back. So now I have been on 15mg morphine bid.for one week. I end up in the ER for severe ...
- 6 weeks ago mom got diarrhea and throwing up. Was in and out of hospital for dehydration. All blood work looked great, stool samples good, cat scans good, upper and lower GI good?? Dr put her on PEPTO bismol 2 3 times a day for 6 weeks! Got better last 2 week but still a thick diarrhea! Got an eye i ...
- My Dad was on allpurinol for gout for years. He was put on Pradaxa 2-5 years ago.
He has had excruciating swelling and inflammation in feet. It starts about 6 p.m. at night. It affects his sleep. Doctors have given him hydrocodone for the pain.
I believe it is gout. He stopped taking it about ...
- I was working out at gym for last 5 months and started to get muscle cramps in the last 3 weeks that were pretty severe. Stopped working out but I am still getting cramps and feeling sore and aches. Afraid of having heart attack since I have history of such. Have 2 stents but never had heart attack ...
- My endocrinologist /doctor has my fluid intake limited to 48 ounces of liquids per day (all liquids) because my sodium levels were off due to the drug spironolactone , I was taking 200 mg per day but have cut back to 100 mg per day for the last year.
Also my Crestor dosage is 20 mg per day.
More related studies for: Benicar, Gout
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.